Sign in to follow this  
Courtjeaster010

Ps4... No plat trophy....

Folks have been mentioning this a lot. Sadly this is not Trendy's choice. Sony has a very convoluted system with regards to whether games are eligible to have platinum trophies. It involves the selling price of the game (which means most F2P titles get screwed in that regard.) Along with myriad other factors. Not to mention the setup of a game's "trophy XP," and how the amounts of such are capped in both platinum and non-platinum eligible games. I need to write a detailed article on it one day, as it's far too much to go into here.

The same problem happened with another indie favorite of mine: Awesomenauts. The PS4 release was limited in their trophies, while the Xbox One release had no such restrictions (so it ended up with a full achievement list just like the Steam version.) People asked why the PS4 version "got shafted," and again it wasn't the developer's fault...

Nor was it the fault of countless indie developers who had to release a restricted trophy list on PS4 (basically the most you can insert into a non-platinum eligible title is 21 bronze trophies. If you want any trophies to be silver or gold, you must have less than 21 trophies depending on the amounts of each.) While the Xbox One versions of those same games were allowed to have 30, 50, or more achievements. It's a difference in platform allowances, sadly.

Oh no worries. I'm not blaming Trendy at all on this. I was very hyped to add another Trendy plat to my list and realized it didnt have one. When u plat dd1, you got a really awesome pet known as the chicken and it was great. Needless to say, I am still very satisfied with the game! Thanks for the information!

@ShinUkyo quote:

Folks have been mentioning this a lot. Sadly this is not Trendy's choice. Sony has a very convoluted system with regards to whether games are eligible to have platinum trophies. It involves the selling price of the game (which means most F2P titles get screwed in that regard.) Along with myriad other factors. Not to mention the setup of a game's "trophy XP," and how the amounts of such are capped in both platinum and non-platinum eligible games. I need to write a detailed article on it one day, as it's far too much to go into here.

The same problem happened with another indie favorite of mine: Awesomenauts. The PS4 release was limited in their trophies, while the Xbox One release had no such restrictions (so it ended up with a full achievement list just like the Steam version.) People asked why the PS4 version "got shafted," and again it wasn't the developer's fault...

Nor was it the fault of countless indie developers who had to release a restricted trophy list on PS4 (basically the most you can insert into a non-platinum eligible title is 21 bronze trophies. If you want any trophies to be silver or gold, you must have less than 21 trophies depending on the amounts of each.) While the Xbox One versions of those same games were allowed to have 30, 50, or more achievements. It's a difference in platform allowances, sadly.

Orcs must Die! Unchained just realeased on PS4, it is free to play, it does not require PS Plus, it does have in game purchases similar to DD2, and does have a platinum.

How did Robot managed that? Better PR? Something different in game?

[[4370,users]] [[166314,users]]

There was a "reach Ascension level 900" trophy on release.  I am not seeing it anymore so I assume it was removed.

And, then you go and look at a game like Marvel Heroes Omega. Free to play, premium store like DD2, and it has a full trophy list of 35, along with a plat. It doesn't require PS+, to boot. 

Great game, by the way. Plenty to do, has a title screen that works very well, and isn't marred by bugs. 

But yeah, I really wish this game had a grindy platinum trophy, to keep you working towards something besides just a gear grind. Its fun, but needs much, much more to it. Even if they add some challenges for all the characters, aside from the original four and, for some odd reason, just the Abyss Lord.

There's no platinum trophy because trendy are gonna add more trophies, thats what they said when the first batch of trophies were released

@Thorney1878 quote:

There's no platinum trophy because trendy are gonna add more trophies, thats what they said when the first batch of trophies were released

Then I guess it'll happen... maybe... eventually... possibly. Because PS4 trophies were added aaaages ago, right?

As mentioned above, there are some other F2P games which have full platinum lists. There have also been games launching for ten dollars or less that have full platinum lists. Sony definitely removed the price requirement some time ago. The issue is now, we're not sure what the barrier is. Whether the publisher has to pay a fee, vet the game in some special way, etc.

Though if that's the case, if there's a fee or vetting process: the barrier for entry can't be too high. Someone released a game on PS4 last month called "Five Stars - 1000 Top Rated," which sold for less than one dollar US. It was basically a trash shovelware title that gives you a platinum trophy for doing nothing. The developer themselves even wrote a guide on "how to get platinum in less than 20 minutes," And put that in the game's description on the marketplace.

"1000 Top Rated" was like so many of the scam games you see on Steam (which can award hundreds/thousands of achievements just for booting up the game. Since Steam has basically zero regulation on their achievements.) It looks like Sony pulled the game so that the developer would amend their description in the store (which mentioned it being "the fastest platinum on Playstation.") Sadly, if they did amend the description, the game would still be allowed to sell on the marketplace. So something is wrong here.

@Travysmo quote:

There was a "reach Ascension level 900" trophy on release.
I am not seeing it anymore so I assume it was removed.

Was there? Last I was aware, companies could not remove trophies from PSN games once the list was published to Sony's servers. Whether it was a "beta" title or not. Much like how companies can't remove Xbox achievements once they go up either. Companies can, however, change the requirements for unlocking achievements/trophies if they are deemed to be impossible or unnecessarily hard. Thank God. Xbox games can even have the achievement names amended. While PSN trophies can simply change the unlock flag (but not the name.)

This is unlike Steam, where companies can delete achievements any time they wish. Something that is more bad than good, at least once a game goes to full release. There is a database online of every deleted Steam achievement, so none can simply be hidden from history. But when a Steam achievement is deleted, those who unlocked it prior simply lose it. It becomes "retconned" so to speak...

Two achievements were deleted from the Steam version of DD2, actually, shortly before the full launch. One for getting 10 critical hits in a row, and one for wearing a full set of Mythical armor. The latter obviously because it was outdated and could be done in your first hours playing. But in any case, I don't think they should have been removed. Maybe amended, sure. But deleting achievements from Steam games should generally only be a last option if an achievement is 100% impossible to obtain, has never been obtained by anyone, and the developers don't want to simply amend its title and unlock flags instead...

The corresponding trophies for these two achievements were left in the PS4 release, funny enough, since you can't delete trophies. And both are, as you expect, easy enough to unlock haha.