Sign in to follow this  
seanjeromy

Upgrades Questions Value or Prim Stat?

Me neither. I have started C5 very recently and I'm getting upgrades every single wave, and I'm comparing items with gold.

I didn't know about the naked character, though. I have one with only one relic equipped (my flame aura monk).

@Nefhith quote:

I didn't know about the naked character, though. I have one with only one relic equipped (my flame aura monk).

the good news is, that got fixed with the latest update. Now your best hero determines your drops, not your deck as a whole. So don't worry about that anymore :)

@Zimmermann quote:

@Nefhith quote:

the good news is, that got fixed with the latest update. Now your best hero determines your drops, not your deck as a whole. So don't worry about that anymore :)

Do relics also count?

@Nefhith quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

@Nefhith quote:

Do relics also count?

thankfully not. just hero gear (weapon and armour).

My progression went something like this.  I used my Skyguard monk to equip the highest in every slot aside from the Skyguard relic slot with the max sell value rare (blue) I had.  I had my other three relic slots filled with the highest sell value rare, epic, and legendary (may not have had an effect, but I still did it).  Checking items after each wave led to quick progress, and it only took ~5 maps in a chaos tier before I could move along the next tier.

You don't need max gear in one tier in order to progress, just move to the next tier when the prior one becomes easy.  It took a lot longer in Chaos 7 to reach the max sell value, but once I did it was easy to swap out and gear other heroes.

The key is picking a hero that you won't DPS with or use the other defenses with.  This also needs to be a hero that stays in your deck during combat waves.  If it stays permanently in your deck, it's less likely that you'll forget for a wave.

@Zimmermann quote:

put the highest stat items on your "mule hero", if you cant figure out which items is the best the difference is so small it will not have any noticeable effect on your drops therefore pick one randomly lol.

Gold amount gives you an idea of the items core stats, but gold amounts also change based on the base quality (green/blue/purple/legendary) and the base item quality (green/blue etc) is IRRELEVANT to improving your drops therefore I would say ignore it and just look at the core 3 stats.

Example:

• green item with 10 stats might sell for 2 gold
  • Legendary item with 5 stats might sell for 10 gold.

You want the Green item on your mule hero, not the legendary one.

• green item has 10 stats and sells for 2 gold
  • green item has 11 stats and sells for 3 gold

You want the item that sells for 3 gold on your hero. Now its obvious that 11 is more stats then 10, but in a real world situation you are dealing with larger numbers and 3 of them... you would have to add them all together to figure out which was an upgrade, or simply look at the gold amount and know straight away. But with that said, it should now be obvious you cannot compare gold sell amounts across different base items (green with blue etc).

I HAVE been going by Gold, but seriously, it is slow! I don't get how it would slow me down if I were to pick a more expensive legendary over a cheaper, higher-tier epic item as we can't determine what tier of drop comes next. Every time I finish a round I've been picking up all the items, doing a quick 2 minute analyse to figure out which is the best Gold Value relative to it's rarity tier Eg. wearing a C3 MYTHIC Chest at 185 GV (255Max) over a C3 LEGENDARY Chest 350 GV (437Max) as the MYTHIC is 70 away from Max Value and the Legendary is 87 away from Max Value, rinsing and repeating. But every round the drops are either non-existent or around about the same Gold Value. Yes I am making progress but it's definitely been about 20+ runs on Chaos 3 whereas I've been hearing people do 5-6 and getting top GV items by the 6th run.

@GaryJNg quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

put the highest stat items on your "mule hero", if you cant figure out which items is the best the difference is so small it will not have any noticeable effect on your drops therefore pick one randomly lol.

Gold amount gives you an idea of the items core stats, but gold amounts also change based on the base quality (green/blue/purple/legendary) and the base item quality (green/blue etc) is IRRELEVANT to improving your drops therefore I would say ignore it and just look at the core 3 stats.

Example:

You want the item that sells for 3 gold on your hero. Now its obvious that 11 is more stats then 10, but in a real world situation you are dealing with larger numbers and 3 of them... you would have to add them all together to figure out which was an upgrade, or simply look at the gold amount and know straight away. But with that said, it should now be obvious you cannot compare gold sell amounts across different base items (green with blue etc).

I HAVE been going by Gold, but seriously, it is slow! I don't get how it would slow me down if I were to pick a more expensive legendary over a cheaper, higher-tier epic item as we can't determine what tier of drop comes next. Every time I finish a round I've been picking up all the items, doing a quick 2 minute analyse to figure out which is the best Gold Value relative to it's rarity tier Eg. wearing a C3 MYTHIC Chest at 185 GV (255Max) over a C3 LEGENDARY Chest 350 GV (437Max) as the MYTHIC is 70 away from Max Value and the Legendary is 87 away from Max Value, rinsing and repeating. But every round the drops are either non-existent or around about the same Gold Value. Yes I am making progress but it's definitely been about 20+ runs on Chaos 3 whereas I've been hearing people do 5-6 and getting top GV items by the 6th run.

that is exactly what you shouldn't be doing and NOT what I am suggesting at all. 

Do me a favour, forget gold value, forget gold all together. Look at the 3 stats on each armour or weapon peace and whichever item clearly has higher stats pick that regardless of the items colour (green/blue/purple/legendary), any items that have roughly the same stats just pick one randomly. 

Doing that WILL be an improvement over what you are currently doing wiether you understand how gear drops work or not.

@Zimmermann quote:

@GaryJNg quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

Example:

that is exactly what you shouldn't be doing and NOT what I am suggesting at all. 

Do me a favour, forget gold value, forget gold all together. Look at the 3 stats on each armour or weapon peace and whichever item clearly has higher stats pick that regardless of the items colour (green/blue/purple/legendary), any items that have roughly the same stats just pick one randomly. 

Doing that WILL be an improvement over what you are currently doing wiether you understand how gear drops work or not.

Oops my bad, was not supposed to quote you, was targetted at Nefhith's 

"That's why I said to use this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PNFslftU37q0KKEY-2EaxasXFpg2wkGr2kcu8UJ1XqQ/edit#gid=0

Going by gold is much easier, but it will obviously slow you down if you pick a more expensive legendary over a cheaper, higher-tier epic item. Just apply some common sense and if they're different qualities, pick the one with higher stats/stats you need."

Pls chill

P.S. I figured how to do it by Gold Value, and yes it is most definitely farming Gold Value epics/powerfuls for quickest progressions to Max GV. Once top GV is reached in the Chaos tier THEN I can fine tune for top Max Stats.

@Zimmermann quote:

Oh I am fine, I just thought there was no way of me explaining it to you if you had missed the point I had written (which clearly you hadn't it was just a miss quote), so i was like "ok I cant explain this to him, if he just does what I tell him it will work regardless of if he understands it" haha.

anyway gl and I hope all this info helps you sort out a good system to get better upgrades :)

I did C1-C4 using max stats and then onto C7 using gold values.  They both work and my tests indicate that max stat is usually pretty close to gold anyway.  Using both methods had long periods of rng hell where I didn't get many upgrades.

@GaryJNg quote:

@specialK quote:

@GaryJNg quote:

I would also like to know a definitive answer to this. I did a lot of extensive research into it and many people say Gold Value, however after farming Chaos 3 for a few hours I've noticed the gear progression to be quite slow when prioritising Gold Value, which leads me to believe it might be Main Stat, although I am unsure if it is. 

Example 1: (ALL DROPS ARE CHAOS 3 IN THIS EXAMPLE) 

MYTHICAL Chest A -

Gold Value = 203.

Main Stat = 951.

MYTHICAL Chest B -

Gold Value = 192.

Main Stat = 964.

The Maximum possible Gold Value a MYTHICAL Chest at C3 is 292.

The Maximum possible Main Stat a MYTHICAL Chest at C3 is 1550.

SO, which one do you choose?! MYTHICAL Chest A right?

Chest A's Gold Value as a % is 69.521% (out of 292), compared to Chest B's which is 65.753%. Now we need to look at how this is RELATIVE to it's Main Stat.

Chest A's Main Stat as a % is 61.355% (out of 1550), compared to Chest B's which is 62.194%.

If we find the average of the two (adding Gold Value and Main Stat then dividing by 2), Chest A is at 65.438%. Chest B is at 63.974%.

In this example Chest A, the one with the HIGHER Gold Value but worse Main Stat, is TECHNICALLY better than Chest B. You're getting more from the value of the item.

HOWEVER, let's look at another example.

Example 2:

POWERFUL Chest A -

Gold Value = 148.

Main Stat = 937.

POWERFUL Chest B -

Gold Value = 145.

Main Stat = 971.

The Maximum possible Gold Value a POWERFUL Chest at C3 is 217.

The Maximum possible Main Stat a POWERFUL Chest at C3 is still 1550.

SO, which one do we choose now?

Chest A's Gold Value as a % is 68.208% (out of 217), compared to Chest B's which is 66.82%.

Chest A's Main Stat as a % is 60.452% (out of 1550), compared to Chest B's which is 62.645%.

Again, if we find the average of the two, Chest A is at 64.33%. Chest B is at 64.733%.

Now in THIS example Chest B is the winner; although it has less Gold Value than Chest A, it's Main Stat is substantially better than Chest A.

With this, it is very hard to tell WHAT determines the next drop because we don't know if it's Main Stat or Gold Value. Even though in one case the Gold Value was more beneficial, in another the Main Stat was. SO, again, the big question is; should we be equipping Gold Value or Main Stat?!

The problem with your reasoning, is that after loot update stats fluctuate. So saying current stat is 80% out of possible max stat, is not so correct, because you may never get that max stat. Also you do not take into account secondary stats. An item with 1000 primary and 500 rest stats, may not be an upgrade towards a 990 primary with 510 rest stats. So the only reliable way to know if your item you get is indeed an upgrade is the selling price which is the only definite way to tell of an item ipwr.

I have literally spent 2 days running Chaos 3 making sure to prioritise Gold Value and better drops are so f*cking slow! Beginning to lose serious faith in the whole "Gold Value is best for gear upgrades" myth. Gonna try running Main Stat as a few people have been having luck with it.

Ok do whatever you feel. I have explained the math behind it. If you cannot make it work, do the thing you feel you can.

@GaryJNg quote:

@Ubara-tutu quote:

Yeah, that will slow you down. A max legendary weapon is 498 gold and a max epic is 290 gold. So a legendary at 400 will be way worse than an epic at 290. If you don't want to stick to a single quality tier, then go with the max main stat or max combined stats.

If you have an extra character then I highly recommend the mule method. It is way easier and very quick and you can then look for max stats on your DPS characters and builder relics.

Eh? I literally just said I've been putting Gold Values on relative to their max values, regardless of rarity tier... -.-

"epic chest C3 is 200 gold value vs a legendary chest C3 at 300 gold value than I'll be equip the epic chest C3 as it's only 55 away from max value"

Epic Chest C3 at 200 gold (255 Max) 55 away

Legendary Chest C3 at 300 Gold (497 Max) 197 away

I've been doing the whole Gold Value equipping on a mule and playing my DPS and it is just soooooo slow.

As I have explained on an earlier post, comparing on relative max values is wrong, because you assume that the starting value is 1, when it is not, and no one knows the correct starting value of each tier or has documented them. As I have explained, even between tiers the conversion multiplier is different between rarities, so you will always have a small difference when comparing epics with powerful and mythic and legendaries. So it is best to keep to one rarity, and since I now understand that you have not understood how loot progression works and can actually tell you to not call something a myth, when it is in fact you who cannot understand how this system works.

Put it simply, you are doing it wrong.

@specialK quote:

@GaryJNg quote:

@Ubara-tutu quote:

Yeah, that will slow you down. A max legendary weapon is 498 gold and a max epic is 290 gold. So a legendary at 400 will be way worse than an epic at 290. If you don't want to stick to a single quality tier, then go with the max main stat or max combined stats.

If you have an extra character then I highly recommend the mule method. It is way easier and very quick and you can then look for max stats on your DPS characters and builder relics.

Eh? I literally just said I've been putting Gold Values on relative to their max values, regardless of rarity tier... -.-

"epic chest C3 is 200 gold value vs a legendary chest C3 at 300 gold value than I'll be equip the epic chest C3 as it's only 55 away from max value"

I've been doing the whole Gold Value equipping on a mule and playing my DPS and it is just soooooo slow.

As I have explained on an earlier post, comparing on relative max values is wrong, because you assume that the starting value is 1, when it is not, and no one knows the correct starting value of each tier or has documented them. As I have explained, even between tiers the conversion multiplier is different between rarities, so you will always have a small difference when comparing epics with powerful and mythic and legendaries. So it is best to keep to one rarity, and since I now understand that you have not understood how loot progression works and can actually tell you to not call something a myth, when it is in fact you who cannot understand how this system works.

Alright, chill tf out lmao

I figured it out and I'm already on C5 within one night from C2. And equipping across rarities is fine, as long as you do it right.

Jeez

P.S. Gold Values are still a myth. :)

@GaryJNg quote:

@specialK quote:

@GaryJNg quote:

@Ubara-tutu quote:

I figured it out and I'm already on C5 within one night from C2. And equipping across rarities is fine, as long as you do it right.

Jeez

I m sorry, I do not know how to do humor when I am wrong, and tell others to chill out when I was the one who didn't understand, but there is a start for everything. So yeah, chill out too, and have better understanding. Btw something you can prove with math is not a myth. But I guess that is your fail humor again. I know, I know, chill so I don't get you agitated.

@specialK quote:

@GaryJNg quote:

@specialK quote:

@GaryJNg quote:

@Ubara-tutu quote:

Jeez

I m sorry, I do not know how to do humor when I am wrong, and tell others to chill out when I was the one who didn't understand, but there is a start for everything. So yeah, chill out too, and have better understanding. Btw something you can prove with math is not a myth. But I guess that is your fail humor again. I know, I know, chill so I don't get you agitated.

Lol yep ok. Cos you developed the game and know best mhm ;)

Bloody mong.

@GaryJNg quote:

@specialK quote:

@GaryJNg quote:

@specialK quote:

@GaryJNg quote:

@Ubara-tutu quote:

Jeez

Bloody mong.

No because I know of the iPwr, and have been playing the game for quite some time. Something that a lot of players know of. You can read all about it in the patchnotes than trying to be a smartass. I believe that there are stickied threads explaining it, something that probably you should have done before posting? But please continue.

@specialK quote:

@GaryJNg quote:

@specialK quote:

@GaryJNg quote:

@specialK quote:

@GaryJNg quote:

@Ubara-tutu quote:

Jeez

Bloody mong.

No because I know of the iPwr, and have been playing the game for quite some time. Something that a lot of players know of. You can read all about it in the patchnotes than trying to be a smartass. I believe that there are stickied threads explaining it, something that probably you should have done before posting? But please continue.

Yes, I'm aware of iPwr you complete tool. Obviously I can tell you're a high horsed *** who thinks he knows everything about the game, didn't think I'd have to point that out to you but obviously you missed it in the previous comment

@GaryJNg quote:

@specialK quote:

@GaryJNg quote:

@specialK quote:

@GaryJNg quote:

@specialK quote:

@GaryJNg quote:

@Ubara-tutu quote:

Jeez

Bloody mong.

Yes, I'm aware of iPwr you complete tool. Obviously I can tell you're a high horsed *** who thinks he knows everything about the game, didn't think I'd have to point that out to you but obviously you missed it in the previous comment

Right, well you welcome.