Sign in to follow this  
Ajido

Shard Feedback from a Returning Player

1) I'm at a stage in the game where I'm frequently getting small incremental upgrades to my gear at the lower Chaos trials. It's becoming a bit annoying to have to keep taking out my shards from the old gear and putting them into the slightly better piece of gear that just dropped. I would propose that the shards get equipped to the character/tower slot instead of the actual piece of gear, and make it where the 2nd or 3rd shard is grayed out and disabled if your equipped item doesn't have enough slots to support the three you've inserted. Obviously this would require changing up the UI a little and some coding, so it's a bit of work but I feel very worth it in the long run.

2) I'd like shards to tell you how many copies you have of it when you mouse over it. Some shards you might want multiple copies of, others you don't need a ton filling up your inventory and might want to sell them. As a newer player still learning the system and overwhelmed with a ton of drops (Some from the DLC pack I bought), my inventory is a mess and often I don't remember if I have one already, so to be safe I save it until I go and spend the time looking through to see if I have duplicates I don't want.

3) Speaking of unnecessary shards, maybe a system to reroll shards you don't want. Maybe something like 2-3x of them combined rerolls the same tier, and 5 or something combines to one new random shard of the +1 tier. I'll leave the numbers to Trendy to figure out what is balanced and fair, but some system of recycling shards I don't want would be welcomed, instead of selling them for an insignificant amount of gold.

Like DD1, part of DD2 for most players (I'm guessing, based on how I play), is the occasional 30 min. to 2 hours of organizing gear, doing incremental upgrades, then tossing out crap you won't use anymore. It would be nice to see simple tools for organizing loot in each bag while still being able to edit the contents of said bag (sort by item in bag rarity, sort by item type, etc.)

I like the idea of rerolling useless shards. I would argue that being extended to all loot would be pretty neat. They sorta allowed you to put old gear to good use in beta by "melting" it to level up your other gear. I quite liked that notion / was sad to see that entire concept thrown out the window. 

@mindlessdefender quote:

please no.  I have no space for my shards I need them in items so I have enough space.

I didn't mean they would sit in your inventory, I just meant the "sockets" would be in the character itself instead of the gear. And the gear would enable 1 to 3 sockets depending on the rarity of the piece as it does now. All my proposed change would do is decrease the need to constantly switch shards from old pieces of gear you're replacing, as they'd be in your character.

@Ajido quote:

@mindlessdefender quote:

please no.  I have no space for my shards I need them in items so I have enough space.

I didn't mean they would sit in your inventory, I just meant the "sockets" would be in the character itself instead of the gear. And the gear would enable 1 to 3 sockets depending on the rarity of the piece as it does now. All my proposed change would do is decrease the need to constantly switch shards from old pieces of gear you're replacing, as they'd be in your character.

That's his point; he's currently using gear as a means to store more shards. A single piece of gear can store up to 3 shards, which saves on inventory space. Your proposal would remove that capability.