Sign in to follow this  
Ajido

Thoughts on being able to pick your preferred map at the expense of the bonus?

I'm a newer player and only having success on a small pool of maps at the moment. I don't particularly enjoy playing the larger maps as they take more time to setup, I'm more likely to mess up, and they're more stressful and less fun to play as a solo player. I understand Trendy didn't want people picking maps because they would just grind out the easiest one, but they could just increase the chain completion bonus to give even more incentive to players who use the random pool, while allowing players like myself to play the maps I enjoy and perhaps progress slower than a better player who can clear anything thrown at them, but thus allowing me to enjoy myself.

At the moment, I'm wasting a lot of time failing maps I find too difficult and it's lowering my overall enjoyment of the game. 

I think a lot of people would agree with you, I know I certainly do. However it all seems like something trendy seems pretty intent on keeping around. Which imo is a shame because yes people grinding the easy maps is a problem but in a game that is entirely pve I don't think its really a big deal. If that is how someone wants to enjoy the game then go for it.

Yeah a lot of us agree.  When pushing new tiers, it helps with experimentation to be able to stick to one map...  

That being said, It certainly forces you to learn better builds for different maps.   I never used to build Nimbus cause it never felt like enough DU for the lanes...  now I know how to build it so Its not so bad.

My complaint though about it is it's just a minute tax.   If you don't like a map you just hit G and lose then move onto the next map.  So those that skip maps it doesn't force variety, but it makes the game less fun cause you have to keep hitting G and waiting.

Personally I agree, make the Consecutive XP/Gold bonus scale up to 50%....  but let folks opt out of it if they only want to play a specific map.

Though that being said, I would say you only get to choose from the Map options available for the Chaos tier (until C7, once you beat all C7 maps you should be able to play any map at C7)

Oh hunny, there is ... a buttload of people who agree with you. Almost everyone wants their choices back, and not just in map choice either. Sadly most of the players who dont like this whole "play what we tell you to play" role trendy has taken, have just left, most of them dont bother to come to the forums and voice their opinions. This why you've seen DD2's population be rock bottom for ages now.

Hopefully the surge of new players they lure in with this launch, we'll get more people to come in and voice their opinion and show trendy that what they are doing(forced maps with trials and hard-counters forcing us to use this or that tower) is wrong and something, ANYTHING, needs to be done about it.

@Jojozityjo quote:

Hopefully the surge of new players they lure in with this launch, we'll get more people to come in and voice their opinion and show trendy that what they are doing(forced maps with trials and hard-counters forcing us to use this or that tower) is wrong and something, ANYTHING, needs to be done about it.

Since 99% of them will be console players, I doubt it. I love DD1 and DD2 but I have to say if I was a "new" player to the franchise and started playing DD2 right now I'd nope the hell out and never look back.

The hard counters make the game mostly not enjoyable and take away one of the main allure points of the game - the variety. They're literally forcing you to build a certain way - in an ironic attempt to add more variety to the game, Trendy is taking it away from us.

The current loot system is just outright stupid. It's the most unintuitive system of progression I've ever seen - In order to progress you generally need to equip worse gear. How does that make any sense?

Being forced into maps you don't want to play is again, a fit of irony. In an attempt to push people into playing maps they normally wouldn't, Trendy limits the amount of maps we can play on. As you progress, not so much of a big deal - but once you hit chaos 7 you end up playing the same 4 maps for eternity. It'd be far better if people could choose what to play on out of every map, at least at chaos 7 and above. 

I still don't really understand why the game has been released already. There's still so many issues with it. I mean ffs, windowed fullscreen doesn't even work yet.