Sign in to follow this  
Fozza

They made chaos tiers even harder?????

Why have they made chaos even harder it makes no sense i am hovering around chaos 3 i was just about able to get through chaos 3 but now they have added a god damn building timer and have remobved polesmash's instant cooldown there is no hope for me i don't think i will be carrying on to go thropugh the grind if they constantly make it harder and harder for new players to progress the grind was decently hard before the update yet i could deal with it. But now i can't deal with it if changes arn't going to be made i will not be carrying on to play this game.

What build timer?

I am pushing through Chaos 5, almost ready for 6 and I do not feel anything was made harder.   I also do not see a build timer.  Are you sure you are not running Incursions instead of Trials?

There is a building timer now? I havn't noticed that (guess I'm still drilled on quick builds from DD1).

Polesmash cooldown of 2secs now seems ok now. The instant cooldown was a bit ridiciulous. I just have to adapt to it yet: Happened a few times now, that I find myself in the middle of a mob pressing "1" with nothing happening.

I got hit by it on wave 5 of a c6 game, really messed me up as I was equipping drops from the last round of bosses and didn't end up being able to repair a reflect beam. Seems like its just one of those things that will only punish you the first time. I have not done any testing but it looks like it is only wave 5, as you also get a message "the final boss approaches".

1) Although I'm playing C7 with pretty much max gear, I haven't seen this, and particularly in public it is now easier. However, because of my gear and ascension level I'm probably ignorant of difficulty changes.

2) There isn't a build timer unless there are multiple people and someone ticks (unless there are 4, then it takes 2 to start the timer). This isn't anything new.

3) Adding a cooldown to Pole Smash was the right thing to do. If you don't have Smashing Fists yet, then use Chi Blast which does more damage (I go through phases of just Chi Blasting all the rollers because I can't be bothered fisting them and it only takes a few seconds more). 

@Little Magic Hat quote:

1) Although I'm playing C7 with pretty much max gear, I haven't seen this, and particularly in public it is now easier. However, because of my gear and ascension level I'm probably ignorant of difficulty changes.

2) There isn't a build timer unless there are multiple people and someone ticks (unless there are 4, then it takes 2 to start the timer). This isn't anything new.

3) Adding a cooldown to Pole Smash was the right thing to do. If you don't have Smashing Fists yet, then use Chi Blast which does more damage (I go through phases of just Chi Blasting all the rollers because I can't be bothered fisting them and it only takes a few seconds more). 

either its a bug or there definitely is a new build timer, I was playing in solo when I got hit with it and it did not show any indicator until I got a 10 second count down.

They are the same for me. some key nerfs to heroes though, maybe thats the problem? Brimstone shard nerf + CD added to pole smash will combined make rollers a bit harder. However rollers seem to have lost a lot of health!

FYI build a chi blast monk, you will do slightly less efficient damage to rollers however vs lanes with good aim you will annihilate. Enjoy your spam! but make sure you get double regen shards in your helm, max mana in ascension and use the betsy lightning orb shard (forgot its name) in your weapon. it ticks fast and proc's the regen shard often and quickly.

There seems to be a 30 second build timer on wave 5 now but it only gives you a warning with 10 seconds left. I'm not sure if it's solo only but "The final boss approaches" flashes in red across the centre of the screen with a 10s countdown. 

Final boss timer?  Hmmm...   Well usually by wave 5 I am pretty much just doing a quick upgrade and clicking G anyway

Maybe that is why I never noticed it.

Nothing changed at c7 as far as i could tell. Might actually be easier because of the shard buffs.

Yeah the shard buff is awesome!!  Now when a berserk orc ignores my walls, or a Mage's Skeletons don't path right it is not instant death!

I haven't noticed any timer to be honest O_o either solo or public. I was running all ch1-5 yesterday to unlock incursions and none came up.

As for difficulty, I find it the same as pre-launch .

@Little Magic Hat quote:

to 3) So you have to build Ability Power for Smashing Fists or Hero Damage Hero Crit for Chi Blasting or is Chi Blast considered an Ability too?

edit: nevermind i got mixed up with the name of the secondary attack and the second Ability :)

I just had the timer. I think it is part of the campaign on the last wave when the new enemy is presented. 

@Little Magic Hat quote:

Came across the timer on Wave 4 of Throne Room in Chaos 3. No idea why though.

the thing about it is that it doesn't show until about 10 seconds before it yanks the rug out from under you. Which means it could be a bug where the harbinger mechanic is leaking into random games or it could be something trendy stealth added to the game like the monks polesmash cooldown. It is hard to tell since most people once they get going finish up build phase pretty quickly.