Sign in to follow this  
djpatje

How are we out of early access

when im still missing Council rewards     /  no new map xbox one seems to be favored by devs nice  when will i see a return for my early backing instead of getting betrayed....  DISGUSTING !!

Yep. People who have stuck around for 2.5+ years buying gems, buying heroes, buying skins, buying DLC packs, paying to get into pre-alpha, and reporting bugs, are thanked by giving them the finger.

come on guys it's just a map and a weapon, and its not like it will be exclusive forever, it's for two or three months max, let the xbox fans have their fun, we had our fun for 2+ years.

I have to admit that having 0 sort of reward for early access players when most of us have paid in the first place to even beta test the game feels very frustrating.

As for the whole Xbox map we don't really care in the long run, at least the map will probably be less buggy when it comes on PC and PS4 so yay to that :p

My point exactally we the PC players who have been here my date being 7/1/2015 and i own everything in the store except update stuff from todays release. i think Trendy really scrwed us royally on this.

atleast let us have the map not bs1. we are the core group and most of us came from dd1. i know i did and was there from beta aswell. PC players who supported the devs all these years didnt ever get a shout out or anything!!!

Wait, people are complaining about Early Access players not getting anything? What about the tiny purple dragon (I forgot the same actually) and the Survivor outfits for getting to lv25 with characters before one of the first wipes? (Too bad I disliked the Apprentice back then so I don't have the Apprentice skin)

I must say these skins you could only get once during one wipe in the very early Alpha are rewards enough. It's enough 'proof' that we've been around longer. Why would you need more?

@Kruntski quote:

What do you think Trendy should have done for early access players?

Full progression wipe would've made sense for starters ( I know, I'm a minority about this. )

Giving us the Initiate would've been a show of good faith and thank you

No exclusive Bullcrap

A festive Launch skin. or a Cake shooter of sorts ( either hero or tower ).

Map Rotation

Fixed Walls ( I can't believe this wasn't fixed, regardless of how HARD it is to fix, it's one of those things that have been reported for ages now. )

The Launch was just...blagh for all the players that have been here for so long :\ 

@Elyssae quote:

@Kruntski quote:

What do you think Trendy should have done for early access players?

Full progression wipe would've made sense for starters ( I know, I'm a minority about this. )

Giving us the Initiate would've been a show of good faith and thank you

No exclusive Bullcrap

A festive Launch skin. or a Cake shooter of sorts ( either hero or tower ).

Map Rotation

Fixed Walls ( I can't believe this wasn't fixed, regardless of how HARD it is to fix, it's one of those things that have been reported for ages now. )

The Launch was just...blagh for all the players that have been here for so long :\ 

I agree with every point, including the wipe. I think it was necessary but at the same time since no real rework and balancing has been done lately that wipe would have had to come with the trials update if it happened.

And for the very old rewards:

- the pet doesn't look any special it's just a purple ball thingy it's not like anyone ever use it

- the skins are sweet but I personally didn't felt like farming the 4 as xp back then was pretty tedious

Many players already have hundreds of hours on the game, a mini little "thank you for helping us getting through the "alpha"" would have been appreciated, it's not the end of the world but it's still a bit meh.

also trendy not commenting on these topics says enough what kind of company they are im quite done for that matter  

and tbh  ppl who indeed stuck trough all the bugs and ***    really got the finger by gifting them nothing u would think going out of early access would come with a massive patch at least a few maps or 1       and  i do think initiate should be free for early access people                              but we got zip nothing .... not even a thank you in the mail when you log in 

the purple dragon pet we got also is the only pet thats bugged so it does not give any hero stats making it even more undesirable to use

@djpatje quote:

also trendy not commenting on these topics says enough what kind of company they are im quite done for that matter  

and tbh  ppl who indeed stuck trough all the bugs and ***    really got the finger by gifting them nothing u would think going out of early access would come with a massive patch at least a few maps or 1       and  i do think initiate should be free for early access people                              but we got zip nothing .... not even a thank you in the mail when you log in 

Why comment on someone just venting BS

@djpatje quote:

No, we got a heartfelt thankyou in the devstream where they also gave away 20 initiates.  They have been giving away skins every week in the dev stream.  I too have purchased nearly everything and already have all the heroes.  Did win a few skins though so that was nice.

What exactly is it you think we're owed?  This is a free to play game.  All money spent was voluntary and you received permanent addons for all of it.  You had to stick through all the bugs because it was EARLY ACCESS.  You knew what it was when you came in.  The only promise we were ever given was the game would eventually come out of early access.  It did.  (which is more than I can say for most other early access games)

I would be more disappointed if trendy did reply to this.  The only thing we were owed is the game and it's here.  Yes there are still some bugs but that is the case with every game.  It's only going to improve from here.

I don't see how we were "screwed".  Yes, alpha players "invested" the most in helping the game reach to where it is.  But that doesn't mean we are entitled.

@Kambien quote:

I don't see how we were "screwed".  Yes, alpha players "invested" the most in helping the game reach to where it is.  But that doesn't mean we are entitled.

so i guess you are fine that xbox gets a release  after months and get a free map weapon  pet to boot while we get nothing ?    also  [[91931,users]]  what does winning have to do  with anything  good that u won something congratz     still doesnt take away this   patch was as mediocre as they come and there are still plenty of issues and not been given all backer rewards as promised is one of thoes   still  missing tavern customisation and the walls are still broken as f 

@Depova quote:

No, we got a heartfelt thankyou in the devstream where they also gave away 20 initiates.

So hundreds of people should be happy that 20 other people got a free initiate? More than 99% of people got nothing, so the fact that a tiny fraction of people got a free monk with boobs is irrelevant.

@djpatje quote:
@Kambien quote:

so i guess you are fine that xbox gets a release  after months and get a free map weapon  pet to boot while we get nothing ?    also  Depova  what does winning have to do  with anything  good that u won something congratz     still doesnt take away this   patch was as mediocre as they come and there are still plenty of issues and not been given all backer rewards as promised is one of thoes   still  missing tavern customisation and the walls are still broken as f 

Hey there Djpatje,

In all openness, I am.  It's more due to my history of gaming and being around developer choices such as this.  The strong comparison being used in this thread is Xbox One's bonus content.  Players on this platform received a few things, the major item being the map which is only for them temporarily.  There is already fault within the logic to say they get more when in 2-3 months, perhaps sooner - perhaps a little later, will go out to everyone.

That being said, you're not taking the Xbox content as unfair it's that it is unfair to you as a long term alpha player and therefore supporter of DD2.  You enjoyed content in both good ways and broken ways.  That being said, you didn't have to stick around.  So it comes back to... why stick around?  Because you are in the seat of so many others who are love where DD2 came from and the potential of DD2 to come.  You are passionate about this interest, which no one asked this of you or any posting on this or other similar themed threads.

They rewarded several with the tower skins which those just getting into the game will never receive.  They will do other PC exclusives in time to come. Why?  Well PC games on steam are much easier to just roll things out.  PS4 has a pretty laxidazical process for patching, Xbox a bit stringent.  

We are not entitled to anything, not even out time back, because it was our own choice.  And if they did give me anything - let's be frank - you would find something better within 1-2 weeks by simply playing the game and replace that item.  Just like every current Xbox user will or is starting to.

@djpatje quote:

what does winning have to do  with anything  good that u won something congratz     still doesnt take away this   patch was as mediocre as they come and there are still plenty of issues and not been given all backer rewards as promised is one of thoes   still  missing tavern customisation and the walls are still broken as f  

This patch was huge for new players which is going to be the majority of what is coming in this week.  It's mediocre for you because you've been playing a while.  Your stuff will come later.  They mentioned Tavern Customization in the last dev stream so that is most likely in the works.  

The wall problems I have encountered are only with the lady orcs (snooki's) and summoned skeletons.  Snooki's seem to move forward while falling which causes them to walk over walls.  They don't seem to get over the Maw walls though.  I've been using tower placement to cover the back of the walls just in case a skeleton gets spawned.  Until they fix the issue at least.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@Depova quote:

No, we got a heartfelt thankyou in the devstream where they also gave away 20 initiates.

So hundreds of people should be happy that 20 other people got a free initiate? More than 99% of people got nothing, so the fact that a tiny fraction of people got a free monk with boobs is irrelevant.

They gave away 20 initiates last friday.  They have given away hundreds of costumes and tower skins during alpha.  The rest who didn't win in the devstream should be happy the game is progressing and is free to play.

You're playing a free game and complaining you're not getting more free stuff.

@Depova quote:

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@Depova quote:

They gave away 20 initiates last friday.  They have given away hundreds of costumes and tower skins during alpha.  The rest who didn't win in the devstream should be happy the game is progressing and is free to play.

You're playing a free game and complaining you're not getting more free stuff.

Some of us PAYED for this F2P and continued to buy from the shop for 2.5 years point made

@Kambien quote:

@djpatje quote:
@Kambien quote:

so i guess you are fine that xbox gets a release  after months and get a free map weapon  pet to boot while we get nothing ?    also  Depova  what does winning have to do  with anything  good that u won something congratz     still doesnt take away this   patch was as mediocre as they come and there are still plenty of issues and not been given all backer rewards as promised is one of thoes   still  missing tavern customisation and the walls are still broken as f 

Hey there Djpatje,

In all openness, I am.  It's more due to my history of gaming and being around developer choices such as this.  The strong comparison being used in this thread is Xbox One's bonus content.  Players on this platform received a few things, the major item being the map which is only for them temporarily.  There is already fault within the logic to say they get more when in 2-3 months, perhaps sooner - perhaps a little later, will go out to everyone.

That being said, you're not taking the Xbox content as unfair it's that it is unfair to you as a long term alpha player and therefore supporter of DD2.  You enjoyed content in both good ways and broken ways.  That being said, you didn't have to stick around.  So it comes back to... why stick around?  Because you are in the seat of so many others who are love where DD2 came from and the potential of DD2 to come.  You are passionate about this interest, which no one asked this of you or any posting on this or other similar themed threads.

They rewarded several with the tower skins which those just getting into the game will never receive.  They will do other PC exclusives in time to come. Why?  Well PC games on steam are much easier to just roll things out.  PS4 has a pretty laxidazical process for patching, Xbox a bit stringent.  

We are not entitled to anything, not even out time back, because it was our own choice.  And if they did give me anything - let's be frank - you would find something better within 1-2 weeks by simply playing the game and replace that item.  Just like every current Xbox user will or is starting to.

Just because Trendy "gave" away stuff during closed beta doesn't mean they couldn't give some away a little extra to their CORE GROUP (PC). giving bs1 the free map is a slap in the face

@dd304 quote:
Some of us PAYED for this F2P and continued to buy from the shop for 2.5 years point made

No, you payed the same as I did which gave you bonus bags and extra in game currency.  You received permanent additional content for that cost.  More than if you would have just bought it outright.  Same as with all of the other DLC.  I've been here from the very beginning as well.  You still have everything you payed for.  We haven't been screwed over in the slightest.

You feel slighted cause the xbox got an exclusive map that pc is going to get a few weeks?

Why exactly do some of you guys feel you're entitled to something because you've played the game a while or payed to be able to play it early?

You've undoubtedly received a lot as it is. I mean, simply buying into early access granted you far more than your moneys worth in rewards and the ability to play the game early. Yes, xbox has a new map, so what? You had the ability to play the game long enough to unlock every class for free before they even got the ability to play the game.

Stop being so self centred and entitled when you deserve exactly nothing.