Sign in to follow this  
tonyb

Map Rotation

So I have to say the map rotation in Chaos is obnoxious.

I am sure I am going to get down-voted for this but is there a chance I could just pick the map I want to play out of the specific chaos tier map options, and not get the bonus XP / Shards for consecutive matches? 

I just hit Chaos 5, and am struggling but it is a good progression so I am enjoying the struggle.  Unfortunately there is 1 map I can get to wave 3-4, 1 I can get to 2-3...  and the other 2 I just click continue and lose so I can move onto a map I can get past round 1. 

In Chaos 4 I did the same thing till I geared up enough to tackle all 4 boards and only did it for the bonus XP and Shards...  Since I can cancel out, it's really only a minute tax anyway...   let me opt out of the rotation and bonus XP in order to play my choice of maps (limited to the current Chaos tier maps of course)?

There is no downvote function and this isn't an unpopular opinion. Especially when you consider that some maps aren't even in chaos at all and some are repeated up to 3 times. We'd like to be able to at least have trials encompass all maps even if it's at the cost of it still being randomly chosen.

Yea, I have read a lot of posts with the same/similar opinions.  I agree as well, it would be nice to at least be able to choose the map.  It would be even better if all the maps were in every chaos difficulty.  I do find it rather funny though that they limit the pool to so few maps while they have so many that could be in there.  Not sure why they limit the map selection either, would certain maps with certain chaos difficulties just be too hard or easy?  Does not make much sense to limit the map selection otherwise. 

Also on a side note, I do not think Trials are the planned end game at all.  They are just the method that Trendy is using to make sure players understand the game mechanics and how to adapt to different enemies/maps.  To set up for the end game content.  And if that is the case, I really wish they would release some end game content, so people wouldn't have to deal with the trials.  Might end up with less complaints about the map selection and hard counters in the Trials if they were just setting you up to do well in the end game content.

@Argonias quote:

Not sure why they limit the map selection either

The same reason some of the special enemies force you to not use x thing for the entirety of that chaos tier. To basically shove "variety" down peoples throats. 

This would of course be fine if the maps were even close to being balanced, and if half of them weren't just obnoxious chores to play on.

@Argonias quote:

The same reason some of the special enemies force you to not use x thing for the entirety of that chaos tier. To basically shove "variety" down peoples throats. 

This would of course be fine if the maps were even close to being balanced, and if half of them weren't just obnoxious chores to play on.

I am perfectly fine with them limited each chaos tier to a set of maps.   It makes sense for them to pick maps to suit the particular threats for that specific Chaos tier.  It also forces players to learn maps outside their comfort zone.  I just want to be able to opt out of maps, or just pick a single map from their chosen set.

When trying to push into the next chaos tier it is easier to experiment with different builds if you can stick to 1 map.  And like I said, since when pushing we just G-out and lose the maps that we don't want it is simply a needless waste of time.

[[12742,users]]

Yes we all went through it and probably all agree it would have been nice to be able to pick maps, but it does encourage you to play maps you wouldn't normally play.

I know I silently groan when Nimbus Reach fires up, but now I can build it. Had it given me the choice I would be doing Crumbled Bulwark again and again.

@tonyb quote:
@Argonias quote:

I am perfectly fine with them limited each chaos tier to a set of maps.   It makes sense for them to pick maps to suit the particular threats for that specific Chaos tier.  It also forces players to learn maps outside their comfort zone.  I just want to be able to opt out of maps, or just pick a single map from their chosen set.

When trying to push into the next chaos tier it is easier to experiment with different builds if you can stick to 1 map.  And like I said, since when pushing we just G-out and lose the maps that we don't want it is simply a needless waste of time.

Being limited to a set is fine but not being able to pick what map you want to play on from that group of maps is annoying (and honestly pointless, because you can easily just leave maps you don't enjoy/can't complete until you're on one you can).

So much choice and variation is presented to us in this game but it's basically taken away from us most of the time, it's a little dumb.

I see your point Geo.  I didn't think about once you got to C7.  That does kind of suck.

@geo981010 quote:

After you can beat every map for a couple of days and don't have any higher level to do, it stinks though. I haven't fought Betsy since Trials, but Sewers was in CT5 and CT7 so lots of defenders have played that map hundreds of times and are just sick of it. 

If the Trial was just a short term test that after beating 4 maps you complete and then move on, a 4 or 5 map pool would be fine. As the only way to play and gear up and grind shards, it is a bad idea.

To the point that I want sewers removed from the daily system! Lol

@geo981010 quote:

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

Don't worry they added a new map. That should help with the lack of map rotation.... oh wait... only xbox gets that map. Emoji_Monk.png

Well, we do get a CT7 Incursion now.

It's Bastille - muahahahah! :)

If you think that is bad, have you tried Ch5 incursions? Yeesh! Certain death awaits for those brave (or dumb enough?) to enter Ch5 Incursions! lol

I didn't like Sewers from the beginning and now it is the easy mode map for a couple of Chaos levels so...

You are not alone, lack of choice is a major issue in DunDef 2. For some ungodly reasons the devs thought it would be fun to make the players have no choice in what we play or use. Get use to it for a while. There is no sign of them fixing it any time soon.

so those of us on PC who kept this game alive dont even get a reward, hell a new map and some rotation would have been all i needed.

I am once again back to doing dailies and out. Mostly due to the grind and map rotations. I hate "G"ing out till i get the map I want to play. Sometimes it takes like four or five times until I get back to the map I want to play.