Sign in to follow this  
chubbyninja89

The accesnsion skill points system sucks.

I've actually been ok with most of the updates lately, but there's one major thing that has pissed me off to no end.

It's the fact that the skill point system is absolute ****.  And I say **** because it's so not only stupidly done, but backwards as hell. Before we could put our point into whatever we wanted, and it seems even better when you look at how the skills are divided. But to limit it to 1 point per 3 levels is just plain stupid, on so many levels.

Seriously,  you guys could have the skill system just say "**** you" to us, it'd probably have the same result. You might as have no skill system and just have the characters have they specific roles and defenses, because limiting how we can use our skill points in such a way is almost as bad as just taking them away altogether.

Just let us have our skill points  and let us use them how we, the players want to.

@chubbyninja89 quote:

I've actually been ok with most of the updates lately, but there's one major thing that has pissed me off to no end.

It's the fact that the skill point system is absolute ****.  And I say **** because it's so not only stupidly done, but backwards as hell. Before we could put our point into whatever we wanted, and it seems even better when you look at how the skills are divided. But to limit it to 1 point per 3 levels is just plain stupid, on so many levels.

Seriously,  you guys could have the skill system just say "**** you" to us, it'd probably have the same result. You might as have no skill system and just have the characters have they specific roles and defenses, because limiting how we can use our skill points in such a way is almost as bad as just taking them away altogether.

Just let us have our skill points  and let us use them how we, the players want to.

I genuinely despite the ascension system for so many reasons but I have to say I disagree with your post being really not constructive and pretty much impossible to understand.

The old system was not near infinite but only from lvl 1 to 50 and was affecting only general stats and not specific to each ability/defense as some ascension talents give. So it's not a good point of comparison whatsoever.

But then the ascension does suck, just like it does in D3 and made the game grindy as hell (and at least D3 has the rifts giving nicely exponential difficulty to go with the gain in power whereas Dungeon Defenders II has only a fix limited of difficulties level so obviously players will overtime get way overpowered and roll on any new content and complain about it).

Hmm i don't get defense tower health ascension. At least on most towers  Every character has it, and now the new items are giving all the stats, including defense health. Maybe squire cannons can benefit a little but aura's and traps.. hmm nope. So pls trendy redo those talent options, you can make this far more interesting. i know it ;p

My only biggest gripe is with the utility page of the system. The other two follow the "every character is a builder and a dps character and those two things should not compete" design direction. However the utility portion puts things like hero crit and defense crit against each other, completely contradicting the YOU GET TO BE BOTH! And instead forcing players to decide. Sure if you play enough it eventually wont matter but not everyone has the free time or desire to grind and grind and fly past it.

@Absolutez quote:

My only gripe is with the utility page of the system. The other two follow the "every character is a builder and a dps character and those two things should not compete" design direction. However the utility portion puts things like hero crit and defense crit against each other, completely contradicting the YOU GET TO BE BOTH! And instead forcing players to decide. Sure if you play enough it eventually wont matter but not everyone has the free time or desire to grind and grind and fly past it.

Are you serious?

The whole point to earning skill or whatever points is to be able to put them where the player wants, not to be restricted or worse forced to do something the player doesn't have any interest going or doing.

It's so stupid because it's taking steps backwards in game design. They need to seriously change the skill point system and just let people do what they want and not being forced to do crap they don't want to.

@Bocuma quote:

Hmm i don't get defense tower health ascension. At least on most towers  Every character has it, and now the new items are giving all the stats, including defense health. Maybe squire cannons can benefit a little but aura's and traps.. hmm nope. So pls trendy redo those talent options, you can make this far more interesting. i know it ;p

Wait, so some of the defense don't always work? Wow.

Well I have been having some stupid clipping problems in the game as well. I've been constantly on edge of falling and killing myself a lot lately on the game. And I was just doing some quests, like the weekly one, and it showed it counted at first, then it shows now that it didn't, what the hell?

But yeah, they should just let us put our skill points where we want to put them.

Coming from 1,500 hours in Diablo 3 the ascension system is a welcomed one.  It also is a page from Blizzard's book on how they did their Paragon system in D3.  That being said, the spending of points isn't as bad as you make it dramatically sound.  It's also very very easy to level up your ascension.  By the time you're squashing C2 you're earning several points a playthrough C4 and above.  The system is also meant to give you a "nudge" up in damage or utility, it's not meant to overtake and overshadow but work beside.  So it's more like a nice perk to see that ascension level up. 

I get what you're saying but how point spending works is just fine.  They should really work on what we can spend points on and not so much how we spend those points.

@chubbyninja89 quote:

They need to seriously change the skill point system and just let people do what they want and not being forced to do crap they don't want to.

Except the entire point of the ascension system is that you get everything. I fail to see how a system that stops you having to have 2 of every character (and purchase the slots for that) is in any way negative. It's a great system - the only flaw is that difficulty is limited so players can eventually ramp up enough ascension to steamroll new tiers when they're released.

I like the concept of the Ascension system. I would prefer, though, to see more uniqueness to it rather than the majority being DPS/Health buffs e.g. range, rate, effect radius, trigger radius, duration, and possibly adding abilities like shards do.