Sign in to follow this  
Seanshineyouth

What do early adopters get when the game releases?

Yeah you keep everything but what I wanna know is I spent $20 for a game that has been development for I swear 2 years and now the game is free? What do we get the people who essentially bought the game? A free hero? Free gems? Most likely nothing?  

@meowzerkai quote:

Yeah you keep everything but what I wanna know is I spent $20 for a game that has been development for I swear 2 years and now the game is free? What do we get the people who essentially bought the game? A free hero? Free gems? Most likely nothing?  

You paid for the opportunity to provide feedback and help the developers ahead of release.  That said, the game has been publicly available and free for years now.  'Release' is just a milestone, albeit an important one.  The only preorders which got anything of significance are the Defense Council and whatever that ultimate package was shortly afterwards.  Point is, there hasn't been preorder goodies for many years now.

Which is exactly why we should get something even if it's like 2 free bags it's just to say thanks for the support even though they verbally said it already it would be nice to just get a gift from the support. Also I think the game has been free on PC but not on console I could be wrong though. 

Trendy gave out 16 tower skins to early supporters on PC, even though they initially stated 4 which was nice of them. No clue about the console version(s).

We also got weekend 3x and 2x DM's and dailies for a good # of months. That was one of their "thank you" efforts, too. Those have not been a thing for awhile now, nor will they be a thing ever again. That means they won't be every weekend. They will happen once in awhiile, but not every weekend like they were for awhile.

@Baba-Kaboom quote:

Trendy gave out 16 tower skins to early supporters on PC, even though they initially stated 4 which was nice of them. No clue about the console version(s).

I think those were only for the people that paid for the more expensive pack.

@meowzerkai quote:

Which is exactly why we should get something even if it's like 2 free bags it's just to say thanks for the support even though they verbally said it already it would be nice to just get a gift from the support. Also I think the game has been free on PC but not on console I could be wrong though. 

I could be wrong but as far as I remember buying one of the p2p packs got you quite a bit more $ in gems than the pack cost, early access accessories and some other stuff. It's not like we have gotten "nothing".

@Cuddles quote:

I could be wrong but as far as I remember buying one of the p2p packs got you quite a bit more $ in gems than the pack cost, early access accessories and some other stuff. It's not like we have gotten "nothing".

Yes they did get you more gems but that was for the release of early access I'm talking about official release we should get something for paying for the game. I guess what we got was keeping everything which is always a good thing (I'm still recovering from the fact that I farmed full nm4 gear and then they became obsolete for trials) I am hoping for some event which I wouldn't mind as mentioned earlier about the double medals but that was during the nightmare 4 days which was quite awhile ago. 

@meowzerkai quote:

@Cuddles quote:

Yes they did get you more gems but that was for the release of early access I'm talking about official release we should get something for paying for the game. I guess what we got was keeping everything which is always a good thing (I'm still recovering from the fact that I farmed full nm4 gear and then they became obsolete for trials) I am hoping for some event which I wouldn't mind as mentioned earlier about the double medals but that was during the nightmare 4 days which was quite awhile ago. 

2x and 2x DM and Dailies will come back. But they will be sporadic at best, according to past Friday Fun Streams.