Sign in to follow this  
meowzerkai

Offline Mode?

Sorry if there is a thread about this already or Trendy said something about it but DD2's release date is a week away and am I the only one wanting an offline mode? In my honest opinion that was one of the greatest things about DD1 not having to think about the greatest enemy ever, LAG. There is a part of me that thinks since the game has been in development maybe the online mode only was for monitoring the game, I hope that is what it is and pray that on release the game will have an offline mode.

Offline mode = hacks = people complaining.

If they split offline mode and online mode's progress, people would complain about that, and Trendy right now has bigger issues on their hands.

@Nefhith quote:

If they split offline mode and online mode's progress, people would complain about that, and Trendy right now has bigger issues on their hands.

It has never been an issue in DD1 to have an offline mode. You can have different save files and transfer your "online" to the "offline" like DD1 was used to do. So really, there is no real excuse other than nope we don't offer you that possibility.

I think the real problem at first was the whole new platform they wanted (I think it has been scrapped very early on) to launch the game on like Eternia with an awful lot of streaming/download content as you play and not much storaged on your PC (which was a terrible idea as many people couldn't play at all because they reached their data consumption per month in no time). But since we are gone from that for ages there's no real reason for not having offline play.

On that matter splitscreen also would be appreciated, I mean it's a console feature it could be very easily implemented on PC as well.

everythings so easy for you. did you ask trendy to hire you? Man you could fix that all, maybe volunteer or something with your programming skills. You have still 5 days for splitscreen and offline mode. 4head

Forgot to mention I play on console I wasn't really thinking much of PC since you know PC is more open source so you will have more hackers/cheaters nothing you can really do but beef up in-game security. You don't have to split progress the game just needs to check your characters to see if they are "clean" before going online. There's no competitive feature in this game anyways it's meant to be fun so if trendy did care for cheating then they would enforce bans but I don't think they do so cheat away I guess. 

They care so little about bans and cheating they added VAC on DD1 and made the entirety of DD2 server-side, and also kinda have some quite working system to check non-legit gear (remember unlimited stat allocation bug on the enchantress?).

@Nefhith quote:

Hackers don't really affect a game like this much though since there's no direct competition for anything. I'd imagine it's also pretty easy to detect any hacked items going into online play since everything has a limit.

Would love me some offline play though. Getting tired of lagging a lot all game and then getting a hung loading screen when I return to town. Still not sure why we're forced to return to town instead of private tavern when it's always been plagued with issues.

@Cuddles quote:

@Nefhith quote:

Hackers don't really affect a game like this much though since there's no direct competition for anything. I'd imagine it's also pretty easy to detect any hacked items going into online play since everything has a limit.

Would love me some offline play though. Getting tired of lagging a lot all game and then getting a hung loading screen when I return to town. Still not sure why we're forced to return to town instead of private tavern when it's always been plagued with issues.

They do, though. Mana got devalued to dirt-level in DD1 because of hackers. That's one of the reasons why cubes and coal are currency.