Sign in to follow this  
dellthe3

need help with c5

im starting to get annoyed, i have the highest c4 gear, but cant seem to do c5 ,nobody realy playing any c5 maps,every day im just mindlessly just doing maps to get a higher ace lv, in hopes i can beat c5 eventually every 20 to 30 lv i checking to see if i can beat it yet.   doesn't feel like it even matters and it feel like nobody rely even playing,so im just playing solo everyday  , iv tryed every build that people recommend for c5 and what i thought was the best. not geting me anywhere not haveing fun at all anyone have any tips to gave me.

I had also trouble doing it solo. I usually use traps but as you may have seen they aren't working that well on c5. Changed to ramster and that did the trick for me. It was still pretty hard.

Try pushing the PDT. They are just insane. If you can get them over 100k on t1, c5 will be a piece of cake.

I am currently still on c5 cause i am not maxed out yet. I can take you with me for a few rounds.

C5 is the biggest wall to progression in the game. The introduction of a lot of assassins severely negates the efficiency of the hero DPS.

I used flamethrowers, squire walls and snaking sands, with SGT for air. Depends on your gearing though.

Flam auras, mystic walls and PDTs are also a good combo. Sparkle party pets are great to smart bomb the assassin on your back. They are only on gato type pets, and were a life saver for me at the start.

When you're hitting a wall it is important to identify what you are struggling with. Since it is C5 is it a safe assumption that your problem is dealing with assassins? It is kind of baffling but a lot of the methods for dealing with assassins are only obtained after being able to handle them. Heavy cannonball can be amazing all around with the side effect of stunning assassins off you, though it is a C5 shard. Sharpened spikes is another great one but that is a C6 shard. So until you gain access to those you got a few options.

You must either be able to kill them outright fairly quickly or just stun them off you. A pet with the Sparkle Party ability is amazing for stunning them. That alone can mitigate a lot of threat of the assassins. You may also want to utilize the Stun Fire shard for the Cannonball tower. Setting up a kill zone and camping there for the majority of the combat wave is something you want to do too. This is just maximizing the amount of damage in an area where you want to stand around with an assassin hugging you.

When an assassin is off of you, you must attempt to kill them quickly or else they will poof and come back hugging you shortly. They are considered air units when off of you so Sky Guards will target them. Stunning them will delay them being able to poof away. I'd like to also mention that flamethrowers will target assassins when they are hugging you. And of course you can just stand in front of any tower you'd like and they will shoot at the assassins.

However C5 and the assassins are probably the biggest hurdle in the game so do not worry about struggling too much. You will struggle even if you know what you are doing until you start to get used to them and get decent gear from C5. Personally I was able to jump through it by using Flamethrowers, PDTs, Sky Guards, using Flame Auras in my kill zones, and Cannons (but only once I got Heavy Cannonball) and utilizing the heck out of Sparkle Party. 

Hope this helps and I hope you are able to conquer Chaos 5 soon!

@Plasma quote:

When you're hitting a wall it is important to identify what you are struggling with. Since it is C5 is it a safe assumption that your problem is dealing with assassins? It is kind of baffling but a lot of the methods for dealing with assassins are only obtained after being able to handle them. Heavy cannonball can be amazing all around with the side effect of stunning assassins off you, though it is a C5 shard. Sharpened spikes is another great one but that is a C6 shard. So until you gain access to those you got a few options.

You must either be able to kill them outright fairly quickly or just stun them off you. A pet with the Sparkle Party ability is amazing for stunning them. That alone can mitigate a lot of threat of the assassins. You may also want to utilize the Stun Fire shard for the Cannonball tower. Setting up a kill zone and camping there for the majority of the combat wave is something you want to do too. This is just maximizing the amount of damage in an area where you want to stand around with an assassin hugging you.

When an assassin is off of you, you must attempt to kill them quickly or else they will poof and come back hugging you shortly. They are considered air units when off of you so Sky Guards will target them. Stunning them will delay them being able to poof away. I'd like to also mention that flamethrowers will target assassins when they are hugging you. And of course you can just stand in front of any tower you'd like and they will shoot at the assassins.

However C5 and the assassins are probably the biggest hurdle in the game so do not worry about struggling too much. You will struggle even if you know what you are doing until you start to get used to them and get decent gear from C5. Personally I was able to jump through it by using Flamethrowers, PDTs, Sky Guards, using Flame Auras in my kill zones, and Cannons (but only once I got Heavy Cannonball) and utilizing the heck out of Sparkle Party. 

well thank interesting suggestions.  i might try out the cannonball, to be truthful i dont have much trouble with assassins the prob seems to be my blockades dieing two fast when the assassins are on me so it hard to heal them i was useing the lavamancer blockade + the mystics sand traps two deal with assasins and stun ,iv used archer or ptd thay both seem two do about the same. the blockades have 3.2mil so far iv goon as far as the 2 or 3 wave then i get destroyed, cyber ogre, berserker lady org, assassins then also whatever mini boss comes out get me.when an assasins on me cant heal any tower so it becomes only a mater of time.

@dellthe3 quote:

@Plasma quote:

well thank interesting suggestions.  i might try out the cannonball, to be truthful i dont have much trouble with assassins the prob seems to be my blockades dieing two fast when the assassins are on me so it hard to heal them i was useing the lavamancer blockade + the mystics sand traps two deal with assasins and stun ,iv used archer or ptd thay both seem two do about the same. the blockades have 3.2mil so far iv goon as far as the 2 or 3 wave then i get destroyed, cyber ogre, berserker lady org, assassins then also whatever mini boss comes out get me.when an assasins on me cant heal any tower so it becomes only a mater of time.

I clear c5 with 2.2 mil blockades. What shards do you use on them? I use fortfication explosive guard and shield guard. Usually a few flamethrowers and 1 or 2 PDTs. And I usually hang around a skyguard so it helps me kill the assasins. My defences usually clear the wave for me as I handle with the assassins. If a goblin siege roller spawns I try to priotirize staying away from my defences. Another neat trick is the geyser trap. It stuns assassins. So I basically do a zone where I sit, away from defences and crystal and deal with the assassins there. Shards that help: electric retribution, to stun them and get them off your back, overwhelm to further stun them, and probably anti-air since it does extra damage to assassins. Btw I have farmed a lot c3 and c4 to get deadly strikes, power transfers and defence rates, they do help a lot and increase your dps and coverage. Your walls will hold I think it is your damage output or maybe tower placement. 

@specialK quote:

@dellthe3 quote:

@Plasma quote:

I clear c5 with 2.2 mil blockades. What shards do you use on them? I use fortfication explosive guard and shield guard. Usually a few flamethrowers and 1 or 2 PDTs. And I usually hang around a skyguard so it helps me kill the assasins. My defences usually clear the wave for me as I handle with the assassins. If a goblin siege roller spawns I try to priotirize staying away from my defences. Another neat trick is the geyser trap. It stuns assassins. So I basically do a zone where I sit, away from defences and crystal and deal with the assassins there. Shards that help: electric retribution, to stun them and get them off your back, overwhelm to further stun them, and probably anti-air since it does extra damage to assassins. Btw I have farmed a lot c3 and c4 to get deadly strikes, power transfers and defence rates, they do help a lot and increase your dps and coverage. Your walls will hold I think it is your damage output or maybe tower placement. 

ya then i dont know what im doing wrong than ,i think iv got every shard from c1-c4 ,what i use the most is archers to try it, thay have 180k ter 1 and 1.3 atk speed , building maps for over 2 years now on dd2 i think i would know how to build it but ya iv looked on youtube i cant seem to find any videos on set up to see if it my set up is what messing me up. 

@specialK quote:

@dellthe3 quote:

@Plasma quote:

i looked at wiki and it seems explosive guard  drops at c5 so maby i should buy some c5 packs ? idk

@dellthe3 quote:

Ok if you having trouble with your walls getting demolished I'd say you need to look at your defense placement. That is hard for me to give specific advice for because I would need to see like detailed screenshots and I don't have the AL or LM to give tips for their defenses. It might help you to have a PDT or something along the way to your walls so that enemies get peppered and potentially outright killed before making it to your walls. As a rule of thumb berserkers and bosses generally make it to your walls regardless, but ideally nothing else should make it.

While the Lavamancer's blockade is good, it costs 60 DU. On maps like Nimbus Reach you'll be using like 300-360 DU just for walls and that can kill you when you're trying to break into a new difficulty. Maybe try using a different wall and then using the DU you will save on more damaging defenses.

@dellthe3 quote:

@specialK quote:

@dellthe3 quote:

@Plasma quote:

ya then i dont know what im doing wrong than ,i think iv got every shard from c1-c4 ,what i use the most is archers to try it, thay have 180k ter 1 and 1.3 atk speed , building maps for over 2 years now on dd2 i think i would know how to build it but ya iv looked on youtube i cant seem to find any videos on set up to see if it my set up is what messing me up. 

I will probably be doing some videos for c5. Will post the link

@dellthe3 quote:

@specialK quote:

@dellthe3 quote:

@Plasma quote:

i looked at wiki and it seems explosive guard  drops at c5 so maby i should buy some c5 packs ? idk

You don't need to if you don't want to. I got mine the second or third time I cleared c5. For me first priority is to have decent damage output on your towers. If I make the videos I ll send you the link

I'm in he exact same boat for like 3 weeks. Can't seem to make it past wave 3... I got a legendary totem with 8801yesterday, hoping that helps some more. I would love to see some videos. Thanks!

@DezordMD quote:

I'm in he exact same boat for like 3 weeks. Can't seem to make it past wave 3... I got a legendary totem with 8801yesterday, hoping that helps some more. I would love to see some videos. Thanks!

8801 should be more than enough. I could beat chaos 5 with 7800-8200 relics. My current setup I think is no more than 8500, got a 8700 just a few minutes ago. I would like to do some audio commentary so they might take a while.

thank everyone who gave me tips i beat it. what i did was i went to buy 10 packs for c5 and 5 packs for c6 cost about 8k defender medals with the new skills iv got i beat it easy after my 2nd  try with skills like explosive guard,explosive poison and some other skills iv got for my hero like unloly fire ,my setup seems to be just fine now as doing more c5 it becomeing easyer and easyer thanks a lot. 

c5 max base relic value is somewhere between 10.5k and 10.8k.

As mentioned use the pdt. Max them out as far as you can. Worked like magic for me.

On C6 i mostly use them. except for some special maps i aditionally use ramster cause they deal aoe dmg.

If someone wants to team up for c5 just say so.

So here is the 1st video for chaos 5, Little Horn Valley

If you guys like it and find it helpful I ll be doing more with the rest of chaos 5 levels

@DezordMD quote: