pets taking up inventory space, Culling the herd

So I came back to the game after 10 months of not playing and have been trying to get on the path to progressing in the chaos tiers.  One problem is now since pets are counted in inventory, my large pet collection is taking up almost a whole bag.

Would people recommend that I just get rid of all my common pets or should I keep one of every pet in-case they give them different abilities if they ever redo them. ?

I think I'm up to four of some of the mythical pets, and at this point I probably should start selling some of those too. I hesitate in case they make them hugely different when they re-do them.

Right now, we have zero information about the future of pets.  If pets receive the same treatment as pre-Chaos loot, then the best ones will offer a slight advantage, but will still be quickly replaced.

Honestly it depends mostly on how much bag space you have. I like the gotta catch em all so I keep at least one of each but in the end having only one of each "race" x elemental type is more than enough. Plus the few unique ones for the lolz.

I've kept all the monthly pets, pets I spent gems/medals on, and gold pets. Sold the rest, even the legendary ones.

Getting a pet to 60 with extra food and affection boosters is not terribly difficult or time-consuming. With the exception of elemental damage, pets are all basically the same. Find the pet(s) that you like the looks of most, and keep them.