Sign in to follow this  
johan_kid

M3rc!_33# Signing Off

Well everyone, I think it's about time...

To you guys who don't know me, my nickname is M3rc. I have been playing Dungeon Defenders for 4 years now and I have almost 2700 hours on Steam. I'm a mod in the group DDRnG and an event host. I am an item checker and I'm on the CDT-team as a tester. I was in the beginning helped and taught how to play. Afterwards I have helped more people than I can count into the game and into the community. Long story short I have invested very much time in this game. And in return I have had some amazing experiences and stories to tell. It has actually made up such a big portion of the last few years that my family has asked me to stop talking about the game every time we ate dinner.

Now it's time to move on for me at least. Back when I started playing the game and saw people leave I thought to myself that it made no sense to keep their items as they would have no use of them. So I have decided to give some of the items I have gathered over the years of playing this game. I will keep some of the stuff for the occasional playing in a weekend. All you have to do to enter this psuedo-giveaway is post one of your good stories from your time in DD. If you have any memories with me in them feel free to post them as well. There are some decent sets and items but as this is mostly about the stories and memories in the game, there should not be anyone annoyed that they didn't get what they wanted. Be kind to me on my old days.

I hope to leave as a liked member of this community. I wish you all the best in the future and hope this game keeps its great community for years to come.

M3rc!_33# signing off

*insert crying Toby Maguire here*

Merc! - 

Sorry to see you go.  Although I've never had the chance to play with you in game, I've gained a lot of knowledge from your posts.  I started playing DD on XBox, and logged many hours on the console.  I moved on to other games, but I've recently picked it up again on PC.  Playing DD again reminds me how much I loved playing it on console, but there isn't much of a player base out there (I guess most are playing DD2).  It's been a great challenge leveling up my characters solo, and I'm making progress transitioning to NM mode.  I'll gladly accept anything you're willing to offer, every little bit helps.  :)

Thanks again for all you've done for the DD community.

Jaldro

I don't want to enter the giveaway. This just made me kinda sad even though I have been off and on this game for forever. I remember playing all summer long on the xbox 360 version with someone named GenGlitters and constantly fighting off the modded weapon users that flooded the xbox servers xD. That was unarguably my favorite summer gaming-wise.

Anyway, I'm sad to see more people go(even though I didn't play with you), but I wish you the best moving forward :)

Awww, M3rc D:

I didn't know you for long, but you were always helpful. And I learned a whole bunch from reading your guides & your tips and tricks.

I'd say my best memories / stories come from all the way back at launch... I remember this game releasing, and me getting it on the ps3. Had a full party back then, so we each picked one of the four playable characters and we were off... figuring out builds, putting together sets, and farming alchem lab for weapons to up and sell for mana (ahhhh, what a simpler time).

When we heard about all the updates happening on pc (but not on ps3) myself and one other made the switch from ps3 to pc. While the other two players from our original group fell off playing... myself and that one other that fell into the pc world were lost, to defending dungeons at the expense of real life.

I have had a lot of awesome memories with this game. I could likely rant and rant and rant until well after you've left, but i'll let some others share their stories, and not take up too much space, myself.

You were indeed loved by this community, M3rc.

May the rng gods bless whichever games you end up enjoying~

M3rc - you are a valuable part of the community, and we will all be sad to see you go.

I'd suggest you keep most of your stuff. You spent many hours farming, and getting it all. Keep it for now, you might want to come back or do something random in the future, and you never know what you might like / need.

I know that everyone wishes you all the best. :)

Making me feel like an old man seeing so many bite the dust before me. 

One of my favorite memories in dd is running VE with Ernie. he would always use a dps ev with a portal gun and would run around trying to port people into lava. He got way to good at it. had some great laughs. 

Heya Merc, it's Hippo. Sorry to see you quitting man, there were a lot of good times in DD.

One my favourite memories was watching Crispybucket go from his lab run insanity to try and learn Kings game survival. That man wiped so many times trying to actually use towers. It was a great experience.

At any rate, best of luck to you Mercy! Stay well bud.

Sad to see another player go, I am myself am not playing the game as much as I used to not sure if I'm ready to quit.  I remember I was a noob on this game and it started with me finding DDFRBR and everyone is so helpful.  I learned so much and I remember you can me in a couple requests I had on that site same with Acen and Sein.  I never see Sein anymore and your quitting so Acen is the only one that is left that helped me a ton.  This game is one of my most played games besides 3 others.  Anyways what ever you plan on playing next or doing I wish you the best :)

It's always sad to see people quitting, especially the ones who helped to keep this game alive. I remember when I first started off, it was a very unique feeling, something I hadn't experienced at that time yet. As I was couple hours into it, I couldn't stop playing for the next couple months. Met many great people, who helped me out with gear and anything I needed to know about this game. Many many great memories running any map, even the pvp ones and having just fun.

However, it happened to me too, I stopped playing for over 3 years, but returned and been back for about a month now. New updates, new maps, new items= awesome!  Maybe you just need a break to get that exciting feeling back.

Thank you very much for all the hard work you put into this community and making DD a better game. I wish you all the best!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Makes me sad.  Well it would if we didnt still get to chat on discord.  Funny that harry said he feels old.  I was thinking the same thing. Watching you rise up in the game and enjoying some games while skyping and talking about life.  Good fun.  

Enjoy the break and feel free to come back if you feel like it.  Maybe once we get this next update out you will have an itch to play a little.  :)

Always sad to see someone leave the game.  One of my favorite memories is finally surviving wave 1 of Endless Spires NM.  Seeing my first few mythical armors pop out of those chests at the end of wave 1!  Wow!  I had a ton of fun in the game before and after that point but I don't think anything topped that feeling.  Hehehehe, good times.

Unfortunate- i tought we just spoke about playing more DD again after the update...

Well, the only way to quit DD is to give away your stuff, otherwhise you will fall back into love again eventually- hopefully you hold back some stuff in chase. :3

Hopefully we will least see each other in Warframe time to time (by the way, i got your zenurik lens now).

One of my favorite memories is reaching wave 20 in Talay Randomizer

f0vHwzv.jpg

Its really sad to see another player leaving this game, but a big thanks to the help you gived me everytime.

My favorite stories here : 

vQUUnHj.jpg

First of all the after the event Talay Randomizer. We all shooted our ball blaster every where in the tatvern. :)

DmomdKY.jpg

And that my second story we played the event Talay Randomizer to wave 20. And here our team picture ^^^

I hope you have some fun in other games 

A big Thanks from 

Featch 

Quitting dd and giving away all your stuff? Rookie mistake :)

Many ppl know about my relationship with fairies, that's a story not worth telling because everyone who saw my tavern knows how it ends. Let me tell you about my 2nd most liked thing in the game, the DPS adept.

Long-long ago when I felt like I've done everything in the game I decided to make a DPS adept because it's so damn weak it should be actually fun to play with. I set the bar high, goal was to solo-kill Old One (toughest boss back then) with her.

Preparations took time, pretty sure I have the worst luck when it comes to DPS staffs. I got so fed up with moraggo / boss rush I bought a RainMaker to have a decent DPS weapon. I picked cupid as pet for it's ability to heal and keep the enemies off my back. During the Sky o Love farming I discovered the tactics to afk the map which came handy during my time as a DDFRBR mod but I also learned that cupids can't roll above trans. Had to purchase Amor to stick to my original plan.

It ruined my epic victory screen...

3EVxTPY.jpg

I learned from my mistake and later I used my very own cube instead. Turns out cubes are camera-shy.

o4s7T55.jpg

PS: I call dibs on my old squire's gobbler shield :)

392f26dc73d55f77295027a6980230cf.jpg

Does it work now?

Thank you for your kind words, everyone. I appreciate it deeply.

Like I said I will be keeping some items, and I will be playing every now and then. It is not like I'm about to throw my computer out of the window. All I am saying is I have probably had my glory days in this game. And I want to thank you guys for that. I'm actually working on something for you guys to try out. Let's see what happens, shall we? :)

@johan_kid quote:

392f26dc73d55f77295027a6980230cf.jpg

Does it work now?

Thank you for your kind words, everyone. I appreciate it deeply.

Like I said I will be keeping some items, and I will be playing every now and then. It is not like I'm about to throw my computer out of the window. All I am saying is I have probably had my glory days in this game. And I want to thank you guys for that. I'm actually working on something for you guys to try out. Let's see what happens, shall we? :)

As someone that has quit at least twice ......I look forward to seeing you in a Dungeon (in Etheria) soon!

Enjoy the break - come back soon as you are one of the good guys!

So many people hang up the game ... Even tho i have not been around as long as hairy i feel the same, so many people leave. I really hope that you will have a really good time without the game. I also thought about quitting multiple times, and somehow I did and also kinda didnt. I think you feel the same ;) So i hope you will stick around for the events and play now and then. I wish you the best just in case that I will seriously not see you ever again. Lots of love <3

I have a lot of memories with this game, but one that stands out to me is the time DDMana tried to impersonate my steam account. I joined one of their totally legit in game shops, and started talking trash to the DDMana host, and I was promptly kicked. While I went to get his steam ID to report him to Acen, I noticed he changed his steam user name to Dovakhiin (aka my name), and I always thought that was pretty funny :P

I am very new, but wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. I was around in 2012, took a break, and joined back up playing plus joined the forums only recently in the last few months.  Enjoy your time whether that is fully away or just partially away :)   Thanks for any help/ effort to build the community.

My favorite experience in DD has to be the first event I ran. (I LOVED the recent one this weekend, but my most memorable will be the first one I ran). As I said, around as early as 2012, but I had no real contact outside of mostly solo play. Since joining the forums, the game feels like it opened up. I'm learning so much so fast. It sort of feels like getting into the game for the first time, all over again. 

Again, I hope you have a nice DD break/retirement.  And thank you much for all you did and will do for the community and DD game.  Best wishes!