I have a very simple question that is a little frustrating to me...

"Why is the default tower range for the majority of towers less than the range of Drakins and Javelin throwers?" I understand wanting to strike a balance between short range and long range towers, but the majority of towers are in the 1000-2500 range, and they seem to be nearly at 3k? Possibly more including the distance of the wall they're behind.

Is there a specific reason that Squire balistas no longer reach them without deadly strike shards and ascension points? I feel like they've balanced the game around those additions which leaves all the tower ranges seeming shorter than intended by default. Is there a reason they don't increase range as the towers are upgraded?

Are you placing your towers behind the walls? Most towers aren't meant to be there anymore. They pull almost no aggro so if you place them back in the lane you should be able to reach them. It's also part of the strategy of the game, covering enough of the lanes to kill everything.

It's one of the reasons stuff like Flame Aura is so popular, you can cover a large part of the lane without issues.

If that's good design or not is of course up for discussion.

Wait, so you're placing flame towers and balistas in the lane instead of behind walls? I understand that's why a lot of players use EV machine weapon and auras, but don't ogres and similar monsters still attack the first tower they come to?

@Surandra quote:

Wait, so you're placing flame towers and balistas in the lane instead of behind walls? I understand that's why a lot of players use EV machine weapon and auras, but don't ogres and similar monsters still attack the first tower they come to?

kinda not anymore. "all" towers lost their agro and are only attacked kinda if an enemy touches them. So with carefull placement you can place them all in the lane. Only exception is C7 where emp goblins will target them.

@Surandra quote:

As mentioned, towers have no aggro anymore. They will mostly only take damage if they are in the way of splash attacks, ranged attacks that hit them by accident (if they are in line between the ranged mob and the wall) or if something walks into it.  There is a topic (I believe it's on page 2 now) about "I can't even complete chaos 1" or something. In it I posted a few screenshots of builds, where you can see different places you can place towers. WIth mostly no damage to the towers.

Be careful with ogres though, if you get close they will jump, and that jump does a lot of damage to towers.