Returning Player with Some Questions

1. Is the map Tavern Defense still the best map to farm exp?

2. For EV, the main stats you should concentrate on is just health and damage right?

3. How do I get multiple character's? I did it before but I forgot the program.

4. Which maps are best to farm gear?

5. When upgrading tower gear is it Damage->Rate->Health->Range?

6. How am I suppose to upgrade dps armor again?

Howdy and welcome back.  My beginners guide might help you get back into it but will try to answer most here directly. 

1.  TD or Tinkers are good for XP

2.  Correct

3.  Use an emulator.  I have them linked in my guide.

4.  Embermount, Bucbay are great for weapons along with the older maps like Akatiti and CD.  For armor many are farming Moonbase survival

5.  that works for most things.  Depends on your priorities but it is hard to go wrong with that

6.  Linked in my guide but you can go directly to EC-10's guide.

So,

1. Yes. TD NMHC Campaign is still the most efficient and easiest way to farm XP, currently. Embermount Volcano(new map) gives more XP than TD, but is fairly hard, and even harder to do with AFKs. Best way to maximize XP is to not get hit, not have the crystal get hit and do some damage from your characters(AFK chars), so you get 3x 1.3xScore bonus. Which amounts to roughly 50m XP per full TD run if you got the bonus on your AFK chars each wave.

2. That is correct. I am personally of the opinion that you should have a balanced tower builder, therefore I have a decent amount of stat points in EV rate / range as well. But it is by no means necessary.

3. Its called emulators, this post should help -- https://dungeondefenders.com/1/topic/142547/?scrollTo=1261603&page=1

4. ( A ) -- For armor the current best maps are (NMHCMM survival mode on) King's Game, Buc Bay and Moonbase... and well Lab Assault.

( B ) -- For weapons Campaign Mode on -- Moonbase, Akatiti, Crystalline Dimension, Sky City, Buccaneer Bay, Boss Rush and QFTLES Survival are some of the maps you can farm a variety of DPS/Tower weapons. Some of the maps also give their campaign rewards after completing the survival as well.

( C ) -- For DPS Pets (survival mode of course), hmm -- Tinkerer's Lab Insane-HC / NM-HC for Mega Chickens(the best practical/real-game usage DPS pet in the game, currently). Aquanos for Seahorses and Sky City for Propeller Cats. Moonbase for Fairies(as a random reward from campaign or survival completion) are some good options. Buc Bay and Akatiti are good alternatives to Mega Chicken and Seahorses, they drop a Parrot and Monkey respectively. Both of which are similar in function barring minor differences.

( D ) -- For Tower Pets -- Mega Chickens again present a good option early on as they can spawn with 500 or higher stat points and can be used right from level 70, and they also have a good DPS to assist you while building. Treadmill on Treadmill and Fish in Bowl are the current most popular and easiest way to get a high-stat passive pets. They can be found on Moonbase Campaign/Survival at the end of the map provided you completed the pre-requisite for it. More about it here(*click*). Finally, Diamonds are one of the best pets to use a passive stat pet. You can "spawn" Diamonds if you posses 88 coals in your inventory, coals can be farmed infinitely from Winter Wonder... or Silent Night if you're feeling adventurous. Additionally, Ember Pet from Embermount Volcano survival completion is a great alternative to Diamonds.

( E ) -- For Accessories -- Lab Assault currently, but this will change in the next update as some "map exclusive" accs will be removed from Lab Assault Drop Pool. Next, Winter Wonderland, Temple O' Love, Pirate Invasion, Embermount Volcano, Palantir and Greater Turkey Hunt 2. Also Crystalline Dimension for Crystal Accs, but drop is just 1 per account, so good luck on getting good ones!

5. This is slightly complicated. I'll redirect you to my previous answer to a similar question on Steam Discussions and here as well.
    Link -- https://dungeondefenders.com/1/topic/141206/?scrollTo=1250072&page=1
    Original reference -- link too large, just click here.
    Short summary -- allocating stat points depends on which tower are we talking about. Priority is different for different builders. You can refer the two threads linked above for in-depth stat allocation.

6. ( A ) -- Depends on what kind of DPS char we are talking about. For Monk, some like having equal points in H-DMG and H-BOOST. Same for EV and to an extent same for Barbarian. The rest chars are good to go with just H-DMG being given the priority. Unless you are specifically looking for an AB2/AB1 specced character, eg -- Mana/Purity Bomb Mage/Adept, Tower Booster Monk, Wheel Roll Jester(cap is 3726 AB2 points).

( B ) -- As for Nightmare Resists -- note your difficulty setting in Tavern reflects the resists. NM has lower resists than other difficulties. So before upgrading your armor, ensure your difficulty is set to Nightmare in the Tavern.

@BananaSaurusRex quote:

1. Is the map Tavern Defense still the best map to farm exp?

2. For EV, the main stats you should concentrate on is just health and damage right?

3. How do I get multiple character's? I did it before but I forgot the program.

4. Which maps are best to farm gear?

5. When upgrading tower gear is it Damage->Rate->Health->Range?

6. How am I suppose to upgrade dps armor again?

1. Yes, but also consider playing maps like Moonbase where you can level up and get good rewards at the same time.  In terms of overall progression it's more time-efficient even though exp is slower, and you can reach 100 relatively quickly anyway.

2. EV health and damage are most important, but rate is still useful, just like on summoner.  Range is almost completely useless.

5. Here's how I like my tower stats at the moment:

EV: HP > Dmg > Rate

App: Dmg = Rate > HP = Range

Squ: Dmg > Rate

Monk: Dmg > Rate > HP = Range

Sum: HP = Dmg > Rate

Hunt: Dmg > HP = Rate = Range

If I didn't mention a stat I don't think it matters.  (Unless range is below 500 on minions or 2000 on auras)  Contrary to popular opinion rate always matters on every tower hero, but it matters most on app. 

6. I suggest using armor with 41% on all resists (with set bonus) if you can manage it because it makes armor more interchangeable, so it's easier to use a new piece when you find one.  You can technically save a few points by going higher on some and lower on others, but IMO those points don't really matter and armor being less interchangeable can be annoying down the road.

I think you have everything you need above so I will only echo some comments that I particularly agree with.

1. I would recommend Moonbase for XP. There are one crystal builds that are fast, give good XP, where you can carry alts and have a chance at a useful drop.

4. Personal preference but

Farming Armor = One core Survival build on Moonbase if you have 2 hours or Lab Assault if you have less time in any one sitting.

Tower Weps = Akatti

DPS Weps = Akatti and Embermount

5. I am a recent convert to higher HP on Summoner so I would go with Plane and say, at least HP = Damage

6. You have the gear to be farming NM so you will want 41% on all resists. If you cannot quite get to 41 on all the prioritise generic damage first then Fire (poison and electric around = IMO)

1. TavernDefence >> EmbermontVolcano 1wave

5. my tower status the moment 

app : damage >= rate > range >= health

squ : damage > rate > health >> range

monk : damage > range > health >= rate

hunt : damage > range > rate >= health

Evie : damage >= health >>> rate = range

summ :damage >= health >> rate >= range

jest = squ (probably don't use tower jester)