Solo is very straight forward and easy. Playing with others becomes difficult to the point where u have a few builds that work, and you need people to do specific things at specific times. It's especially hard in pubs where you want to play with others but people way below the required stats join or afkers. 
solo and multiplayer feel like completely different games

health of selected enemies

Solo (Million hp)                      4 Players (Million hp)
Roller               29.4                                             78        

Lady Orc          7.5                                               18 

Kobolt              2.5                                                6.29

Going just on these numbers, the Health increases by 2.4-2.6x

they almost triple in numbers ...

what happened to the stats i saw somewhere that were saying they were suppose to scale by +25% per player? well those numbers bigbadbaz shows are WAY higher than +75%

I don´t know man. As the game is right now, when reaching endgame there is little challenge left, so only thing is to join pubs so it´s not a complete walkthrough like solo.

@MaJean quote:

I don´t know man. As the game is right now, when reaching endgame there is little challenge left, so only thing is to join pubs so it´s not a complete walkthrough like solo.

Yeah, make MP scaling some sort of hidden end game for people that play way too much. That's a great idea. Why should MP be accessible for casual players, right?

@n8hfx quote:

@MaJean quote:

Yeah, make MP scaling some sort of hidden end game for people that play way too much. That's a great idea. Why should MP be accessible for casual players, right?

Take a chill pill. I´m talking about endgame. If people reach endgame they should be able to clear maps with no problems. 

It still seems like the choices are get carried, carry someone else, or play solo. But it is closer at least.

We need a challenge mode for CT7 max geared players where you are fighting CT8 critters but still only get CT7 gear so we are always challenged like when you are breaking into a new Trial. And preferably, all maps there too of course :)

Then people who want a challenge do that, scale down the MP scaling to more bosses/1 tougher lane, and then people gearing up who just want to play with other people aren't getting hosed.

People:  MP Scaling makes the game too hard for MP matches!

Trendy:  We'll remove damage scaling so it's easier, but add more HP scaling, so the difficulty is the same as before.

........ya know, I was expecting the loot update to at least give a temporary upsurge in players, but I thought it'd be a bit more substantial than changing the current player loss this month from -17% to -15%.

Pre-trials, I used to run public games with 0 ipwr requirement and a bunch of players new to the game would join in and we'd have fun chatting and they'd check out how defenses are placed and they'd get lots of "free loot".  Sure, they were leeching because the game was easy enough that I could solo even with 3 people who had terrible equipment, but everyone had a good time. Nowadays there's still no way for a new player to even know what to ASK FOR when it comes to how to get better loot in this game, and with no one holding multiplayer matches for them to join up and no time to chat in them cause they're too hard as it is, it's really no wonder that new players don't stick around.

Per the steam charts, the game has now lost ALL the new players it gained with the Trials update (it's lost slightly more by now, actually).  But hey, it's okay cause Multipayer, one of the best ways to get newbies acclimated to the game, has gotta stay hard, I guess?

....that much HP is just asking for monsters to clog up so much at the barricades that some lady orcs end up jumping them.  Fun.

Yeah, trendy, Nerf the health scale. When we wanted Dmg scale gone, we didnt mean to ALSO up the health scale. Did you not hear how mobs having more health essentially translates into more over dmg we take cause of them lasting longer? Nerf the health scale back to 25% minimum.

And for those who want challenge. Ask for Incursions back to give us challenge. We desperately need something other than this god aweful "Trials Only" crap. It gets viciously repetitive extremely fast. We need some choice in our gameplay.

The current problem with MP scaling is that it makes a defense build which works in solo games fails hard in MP games. I think the best solution is to also make Defense DPS scale in Multiplayer games. It addresses the problem directly, and unlike removing the MP scaling, the mobs and bosses won't become too squishy when we have 4 players fighting them in the game.

@Fat Cat Mimi quote:

The current problem with MP scaling is that it makes a defense build which works in solo games fails hard in MP games.

That was same issue before when we still had mob dmg scaling. Now it's still teh same but insteado f it being because of mob dmg scaling, now it's because mob health scaling was jacked up too high because trendy thought it would make up for removing dmg scaling. We didnt need a "make up" we just needed dmg scaling removed. Health numbers were fine as is, tougher and took longer but still enough for a team of players to deal with without getting face-rolled.

I just double-checked with the design team:  The health scaling is supposed to be at +25% per player as it was before The Loot Update. We're investigating this!

@iamisom quote:

I just double-checked with the design team:  The health scaling is supposed to be at +25% per player as it was before The Loot Update. We're investigating this!

NO MORE NERFS TO THE LEGION!!! Gobu!!!!!!!!!!! T.T *sob sob* Buff the legion plis, plis, gobu.

Gobu T.T

Emoji_Kobalt.pngEmoji_Huntress.pngEmoji_Goblin.png

just 20 more days till the legion is nerfed into the ground T.T. *sob sob* gobu

@iamisom quote:

so it was a bug that they are getting around 75% health per player? Well that's good to know. We hope you get it fixed and squash this lil bugger trendy! ^^