Sign in to follow this  
ChilledFrench

carrying others

Ill make it short. What I really liked about DD1 was the ability to carry friends or randoms after getting hard earned gear. It was a large part of the social interactions of DD1.

In DD2, no matter the difficulty that you do, you get the same gear. I think that it hinders the social aspect of the game as there is no incentive at all to play in a team. Opinions?

What are you talking about? Have you even played DD2 recently?

"No matter what you get the same gear"?  Maybe I'm just not understanding what you are trying to say. Maybe clarify a little? Are you saying that you and your friends all get the same loot? Or are you saying that you personally are getting "Xyz" loot no matter what difficulty you play, instead of getting "A" loot here, "B" loot there, etc.?

If the latter, this is actually a good thing. Starting a game and getting top loot in 2 hours is no way to fully enjoy a game. Carrying players can still be done.

Just yesterday, I was carrying a few people in Chaos 4. I built and DPS'd while they DPS'd. Social interaction is better today than it was yesterday due to some bug fixes, too.

The current leveling/gearing is meant to deincentivise leaching, which I agree with. If you are all roughly the similarly geared (Ch1-3/Ch5-7), then you can help each other DPS.  😎

^Everything SpiderDan said

Also, if I really want to carry people, I completely can, they will get gear that is around their stage of progression, not to mention high-tier shards and a lot of gold. If you really enjoyed the carrying aspects of games, you would love how you get to carry them in C2 for awhile, then carrying in C4 for awhile then eventually C6 and 7 - helping them progress in increments.
You enjoy carrying but wish you only had to do it for a few hours till you were done? I don't get you :o

The time of public leeching is over now!

Why?

Mostly all pros playing C7 now and not the lower publics because of new ascension gaining.

Sad time for leechers ^^

you can still leech. it just takes 'longer'.

I host public c7 all the time, and have found a variety of 'leechers' that then joined the 'friends' list and continued to play with me/mates later. There's just no 'shortcut' to gear now.

Personally, I don't understand the people that hop to c7 and leech directly... I get joining pub when you hit a 'wall' in your progression, but then just aim for the same/next tier - not just the last one. For me, at least half the fun is the slow 'progress'. YMMV

the problem is that there are no incentive for playing MP at the moment, other than end of the match bug, timed out problem, increase Hp of mobs, frustrated wait for random person to G up, dramas, etc.

So, as long as it persists, I'd prefer soloing.

whilst 'progressing' - without ipwr/asc restrictions, 'host' kicking powers, etc. - the negatives of public MP are too high. Likewise, the 'benefit' of MP (if any), are nullified by lack of communication/clarity and existence of quality MP rewards.

When 'farming', minus the $#@$@# trolls/socially-inept-leechers, MP (public or private) is more enjoyable than 'solo'. This is obviously subjective, as I'm sure there are those that just intrinsically prefer solo-mode over MP. For the rest of us, if TE incentivized MP more and provided better tools to deal with the 'drawbacks', it would be greatly beneficial to the health of the game.

Suggestions to Incentivise:

• Increased Gold/XP/Medals/Loot#/Loot Quality%
  • MP specific achievements / challenges - Unique content.

Suggestions for Tools to 'protect' MP:

• Minimum iPWR / Ascension thresholds.
  • 'Host/Builder' nomination - with privileges for this person to kick/ban others.

I'm sure there are more/better possibilities for each. // #My2Cents