I am a long time DD fan and I haven't played DD2 since ipwr was still a thing so I am far behind on updates. When ipwr was out I was around 730. I have played for a bit I am ascension level 35 and when I play c3 I get the same gear when I play c7. Can someone explain the loot system to me now?  

if you have max upgraded c3 gear, you drop will be around max upgraded c3 stats, but with 0 on the upgrade

so you upgrade that again, and you get a max upgraded piece with c4 stats, so you go into c4, and farm for 0 ups piece of the same stats, upgrade it and u get max upgraded piece with c5 stats, go into c5 and farm for the same stats but now it have 0 upgrades, so upgrade it again, rinse and repeat

@VolvoCEO quote:

if you have max upgraded c3 gear, you drop will be around max upgraded c3 stats, but with 0 on the upgrade

so you upgrade that again, and you get a max upgraded piece with c4 stats, so you go into c4, and farm for 0 ups piece of the same stats, upgrade it and u get max upgraded piece with c5 stats, go into c5 and farm for the same stats but now it have 0 upgrades, so upgrade it again, rinse and repeat

The latest patch increased the overlap between tiers, and reduced the impact of upgrades, making the technique you described largely obsolete. Now you just equip items that are upgrades to what you have, and move up to the next tier when things start feeling easy.

@rebelwade12 quote:

So I do not need to upgrade items?

Upgrading CAN help but now with the overlap I am not sure it's so necessary. Gear will drop based on the highest geared hero in your deck, so even if you just want to put the best blues that are dropping all on one hero, that'll count, even if it's a builder you arent dpsing on.
Just so you're aware, gear that affects loot drops are Wep, Helm, Chest, Gloves and Boots - Use their armour values as a pseudo 'ipwr' scale, definitely simplifies things for new/returning players IMO :D

@[UMF] Filthylopez quote:

@rebelwade12 quote:

So I do not need to upgrade items?

Upgrading CAN help but now with the overlap I am not sure it's so necessary. Gear will drop based on the highest geared hero in your deck, so even if you just want to put the best blues that are dropping all on one hero, that'll count, even if it's a builder you arent dpsing on.
Just so you're aware, gear that affects loot drops are Wep, Helm, Chest, Gloves and Boots - Use their armour values as a pseudo 'ipwr' scale, definitely simplifies things for new/returning players IMO :D

So relics do not affect the stats of item drops? If so, is that something new with the most recent update or has that been around since the trials update launched? Would be nice if Trendy made this info more available. :P

@Baba-Kaboom quote:

So relics do not affect the stats of item drops? If so, is that something new with the most recent update or has that been around since the trials update launched? Would be nice if Trendy made this info more available. :P

Relics have never affected item drops :)

@Baba-Kaboom quote:

Thanks for the info. So much gold wasted lol :P.

@Baba-Kaboom quote:

I could be wrong but I believe only empty relic slots were left out of the drop calculation, if you had bad relics equipped you would see worse drops.

@redragon6466 quote:

I could be wrong but I believe only empty relic slots were left out of the drop calculation, if you had bad relics equipped you would see worse drops.

Interesting, nothing like that ever seemed to affect my loot progression, at least that I noticed - so who knows lol
At least now it's much easier for people to understand, just the best geared hero in deck ;) ;)

Guys one question I have and since this topic came up, I have not totally understood the previous concept, that you take an item upgraded max and then get better item. If I upgrade all items, I should see better items on the unupgraded stats or after the upgrade? meaning if the base value of x item is 2000 and upgraded is 2500, I should see items 2501 or 2001? Probably this has been discussed way too much, but I haven't been on lately, I have read how loot system works but haven't exactly figured it out completely. Also I know that this method is probably now obsolete, but it is a question I always have

@specialK quote:

Guys one question I have and since this topic came up, I have not totally understood the previous concept, that you take an item upgraded max and then get better item. If I upgrade all items, I should see better items on the unupgraded stats or after the upgrade? meaning if the base value of x item is 2000 and upgraded is 2500, I should see items 2501 or 2001? Probably this has been discussed way too much, but I haven't been on lately, I have read how loot system works but haven't exactly figured it out completely. Also I know that this method is probably now obsolete, but it is a question I always have

at this point if you are not in c7 then it really isn't worth it to upgrade gear, the upgrades themselves at 60 give about a 10% stats increase. This little a stat increase isn't worth the money unless you are stuck on a tier and need a bit of a boost.

@Baba-Kaboom quote:

this is incorrect and correct at the same time, relics affect drops when they are equipped so if your "ipwr" was 100 and you equipped a relic wthat was higher or lower then 100 ipwr it would add to your average but now with that said when relics are not equipped they do not add to your gear average and relics are the only piece of gear that behaves this way.

@Baba-Kaboom quote:

@Baba-Kaboom quote:

Thanks for the info. So much gold wasted lol :P.

read the above.