Sign in to follow this  
Leaffox

so how is the ascension cap an Improvement ?

how is the 140 cap on the previous 999 one an improvement, sens they still give the same amound of power pr point ?
so fare im still getting 30 Deff Health pr points on my squire walls, and with 140 as a cap now, how is this Not a Nerf to our deffences then ?

it is a nerf, it is trying to address people who have more ascension then they planned. The cap will go up as new chaos tiers are released(I don't really agree with the cap, but that is why they did it)

well with this and some ppl that still have the Buged C7 gear. now have Better gear then others that havent been in c7 yet.   and im stuckd atm on c4. cant beat it. even with some C5 items.  I had hoped that the ascesion would have help me with the missing power needed. but thats a no go now..

and it sems that the gear dropping now is worse then what dropd afew hrs ago..
Just looks like a big nerf over all.

Overall if you were capped at a tier previously you should start to see better gear, as the stat caps have been raised, however I believe there is a large variance in the stat rolls now so if before you were only getting max stats  I believe you can now get worse drops. That being said I have ~100 ascension and a mix of c3 and c4 gear and can beat most of the c4 maps, what build are you using?

@redragon6466 quote:

Overall if you were capped at a tier previously you should start to see better gear, as the stat caps have been raised, however I believe there is a large variance in the stat rolls now so if before you were only getting max stats  I believe you can now get worse drops. That being said I have ~100 ascension and a mix of c3 and c4 gear and can beat most of the c4 maps, what build are you using?

FA and WM

what are you using to try and beat C4?

lots of defenses are underpowered underperforming right now so if you're trying to progression clear with them you're gonna have a bad time

@ram1024 quote:

what are you using to try and beat C4?

lots of defenses are underpowered underperforming right now so if you're trying to progression clear with them you're gonna have a bad time

well with gear haveing lower stats then What I have now.
and   " Ohhhh Gee I wish we had Ilvl"  have no way of knowing whats the max stat that can drop with out haveing to dig around the webs to find a spread sheet.

but if deffences now are underpreformning.. is it waiting for the next patch then. for me to progress unless I do the leaching  ?

I was mid-transition from c3 to c4 when this patch hit. I was able to beat c4 previously using flame auras, weapons mans, sky guards, and the occasional cannon. And I only had c3 max stat 45 up mythical marks for just 2 of my defenses. The rest were just epic marks oh and a 45 up legendary totem which I only have 5 ups into. I'm thinking it's either your defense layout or the shards you are using for your relics. You say you have some C5 gear so these are the things I can think of. Try changing up your placement or shards.

if you're relying on massive ascension to even get pass c4, there might be somewhere you did wrong ?

with current legendary rolling an extra line and armors now can equip an extra shard, a hero can actually solo an empty lane without any towers

@Leaffox quote:

and   " Ohhhh Gee I wish we had Ilvl"  have no way of knowing whats the max stat that can drop with out haveing to dig around the webs to find a spread sheet.

but if deffences now are underpreformning.. is it waiting for the next patch then. for me to progress unless I do the leaching  ?

i'm just saying if you're not using flame aura / weapon manufacturers / pdts and instead trying to clear with sand vipers / harpies / explosive traps you're going to have a bad time

@ram1024 quote:

@Leaffox quote:

i'm just saying if you're not using flame aura / weapon manufacturers / pdts and instead trying to clear with sand vipers / harpies / explosive traps you're going to have a bad time

what are the typical pdt, weapon manufacturer, flame aura shard builds btw?

@ChilledFrench quote:

what are the typical pdt, weapon manufacturer, flame aura shard builds btw?

I use:

PDT - (Medallion* Health/Speed)  Destruction / Vampiric Empowerment / Explosive Poison 

FA - (Medallion* Crit/Speed)  Deadly Strikes / Power Transfer / Defence Crit Dmg

WM - (Mark* Power/Speed)  Deadly Strikes / Power Transfer / Defence Crit Dmg OR Defence Rate

Both orbs and Marks can be used instead of medallions for FA and WM but I found that overall this worked better for me.

if you have a mark: attack rate / deadly strikes / defense crit damage

if you have a medallion: attack rate / deadly strikes / power transfer

i don't bother using explosive poison or enhanced poison because i got tired shifting shards around when changing what character i play :D 

The point of the cap was to nerf power creep so players like myself with over 1000 Ascension could be rained in a little bit in the efforts of bringing out new content that was more balanced across the board. New content can now be balanced assuming everyone has an exact amount of ascension levels, however a possible oversight to this is that in the utility tree you actually need a hell of a lot more points to be "capped" per hero then you do in the Defense tree for example. This alone will create imbalance between the high ascension players and low if not addressed with future Chaos mode releases.

As far as you wanting higher ascension to progress, thats not something you should rely on other then maybe having 100+ ascension going into C5 (My experiences were pre Assassin/Roller nerfs and defense buffs), I cant really comment for the rest as post C5 I always had way more ascension then needed. 

My advice: Get at least 2 solid DPS heroes in your deck, have enough CC to slow monsters to only just reaching your walls, any extra CC is a DPS nerf to your build. Focus on countering monsters rather then sticking to towers you like. Finally watch some streams and read some guides. Ascension is not your problem unless you have like 20 ascension levels, your problem might be loot, shards, hero choice or strategy at this point.

@Leaffox quote:

well with this and some ppl that still have the Buged C7 gear. now have Better gear then others that havent been in c7 yet.   and im stuckd atm on c4. cant beat it. even with some C5 items.  I had hoped that the ascesion would have help me with the missing power needed. but thats a no go now..

and it sems that the gear dropping now is worse then what dropd afew hrs ago..
Just looks like a big nerf over all.

First of all, I don't want to sound like I'm saying you're wrong or anything. I'm not denying your experience. I just wanna say that for me this had lead to some insane upgrades in just a few games. I was able to farm c5 with some struggles before the patch. Lost about 1 in 4-6 maps. After the patch I did 2 c5 games, gained some amazing upgrades and then went on to oneshot c6 gaining a bunch of upgrades in that one game.

As for some players having a kind of advantage because they did things before other is hardly a new thing. Shards being moved around led to some people getting great shards in c5 that were later moved to higher tiers, thus already having an advantage.

It is an "improvement" because it addresses Trendy's myopic vision of Ascension by narrowing the gap between low end players and high end players, and it reduces (note I said reduces not eliminates) the need for multiple heroes of the same class for high end players. Someone with 900 Ascension can now max out the damage of 2 different defenses on the same character, where before it would take 3,207 ascension to max out the damage of a single defense per hero.