Upgrades have been downgraded

had a mark that i hadn't upgraded because i wasn't using it at the time.  decided to upgrade it 60 points after the update and it has FAR less stats than the other 2 that i got on the same chaos level

KN2OepB.jpg

either old loot has been heavily nerfed or ALL loot has.  waiting to see if new drops roll to the old upgraded level, or the new nerfed upgraded level :P

looks like it's just old drops.  sell all your old gear.  it will only give you heartache

spring cleaning, boys

I've only done 3 games, and found 5 legendaries. They all have 60 upgrades, and all of them lose 5-10% of the max stats ignoring the bonus additional stat you get. You get very very little from upgrading now it seems.

So yeah - if you don't care about the extra stat, the old loot that was already upgraded is better?

yes its the same here, i noticed that the new drops are crap, if you had upgraded gear before the patch its much better then the "new" crap

There was an upgrade bug with late C6/C7 loot where max stats gained by upgrading was way higher than intended. The issue wasn't the amount of stats you could get; it was the growth per upgrade. This would have caused major stat issues in future Chaos tiers, so we had to change the growth rate.

We didn't want to leave you guys being unable to reach the same amount of stats as before, so we also increased the stat roll range for all Chaos tiers. This means you should reach the same stat values (if not higher) as before, but you're relying a little less on upgrades in higher Chaos tiers and more on the actual loot drops.

@ram1024 quote:

oh sweet so i have bugged items!

:D

It looks like the upgrade scaling changes apply to old loot, so I'll add that to the patch notes. As you play, you should find stat upgrades or at least stats equal/almost equal to what you had before. Let me know if for some reason you're not finding such loot after a few hours of playing.

@iamisom quote:

There was an upgrade bug with late C6/C7 loot where max stats gained by upgrading was way higher than intended. The issue wasn't the amount of stats you could get; it was the growth per upgrade. This would have caused major stat issues in future Chaos tiers, so we had to change the growth rate.

We didn't want to leave you guys being unable to reach the same amount of stats as before, so we also increased the stat roll range for all Chaos tiers. This means you can reach the same stat values (if not higher) as before, but you're relying a little less on upgrades in higher Chaos tiers and more on the actual loot drops.

What kind of max values should we be able to see in CT7 now?

Before, we could find over 15k DP for a medallion, and then upgrade it to over 22k if it was a 60 upgrade legendary.

I have a character in basically all old CT7 max legendary gear with 60 upgrades (well, 1 only has 45), and I have not found any items that even have a single stat higher than before. 7 legendaries means 28 stats, and every single one of them were lower than the max values before.

Since we still can't see our Item Power, I don't know if I should equip newer gear and upgrade it or am I just getting unlucky with the drops?

@mmaakk quote:

geo981010

Just posted a legend relic screenshot. Check it HERE

That is about what I have been seeing, and that is a downgrade besides having the 4th stat on it. That is over 2k stat points lower for the primary value, and 500-1000 lower for each of the secondary ones.

Extra stat good, but that is not worth it for most towers for losing 5-10% of the other stats for it.

@geo981010 quote:

Extra stat good, but that is not worth it for most towers for losing 5-10% of the other stats for it.

well now that they have health you should start using them as walls ;D

i remember back when we could use PDTs as walls, those were hilarious

im getting blue drops having better stats then the legend even when you compare the max result if you would upgrade them... All new items and the stats are like crap. somethimes a myth drops having 18.5k on a medal and the game after 19.5k and so on. This messed up allot for me. waiting for a new patch before playing again, or not.

@geo981010 quote:

That is about what I have been seeing, and that is a downgrade besides having the 4th stat on it. That is over 2k stat points lower for the primary value, and 500-1000 lower for each of the secondary ones.

We've grabbed several high-end player profiles who previously had max stats, and we've confirmed that it's possible to find stats that are higher than what they have. (Their gear was boosted from 21.6k to 22.5k with this update due to our behind-the-scenes changes, and we've rolled higher stats than 22.5k on their profiles in our testing.) 

@iamisom quote:

@geo981010 quote:

We've grabbed several high-end player profiles who previously had max stats, and we've confirmed that it's possible to find stats that are higher than what they have. (Their gear was boosted from 21.6k to 22.5k with this update due to our behind-the-scenes changes, and we've rolled higher stats than 22.5k on their profiles in our testing.) 

Something is weird - I have over a dozen legendaries now, and none of them have a single stat that is higher than my old gear. 

@iamisom quote:

@geo981010 quote:

been playing for 4 hrs straight, got over 30+ legend drops and none of the drops have rolled higher than the 22.5k primary stats for me yet

Maybe cut off some of the lower end of the possible stat roll on legendaries so it can't roll lower than mythical to make it easier for us to find gear above what we're using? That's one option at least if it does need adjusting, haven't tested it much myself yet.

It should take awhile before you see them if you had perfect rolls before. We'll keep an eye on what players are finding organically over the next week.

@iamisom quote:

It should take awhile before you see them if you had perfect rolls before. We'll keep an eye on what players are finding organically over the next week.

How does this work? Miindless has a thread with max stats, and he is getting pretty similar numbers. So now we have a sample size of a hundred legendaries each with 4 stats, and none of them are better. The best seem to be about 3-4% lower, and the majority of them fall closer to 7% lower.

Do we need to upgrade our gear to the new gear, or some other trick, or is it just really really rare?

Anyone Else seeing some items drop with terrible Stat growth?  

YnFmvSC.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/YnFmvSC.jpg

wasnt expecting this patch to be so disappointing, not a single legendary drop is better than my old MYTHICS, let alone epics. Legendary armour took a monster hit and weapons dont even compare. Not once have i use a new drop in place of my old building relics, and needless to say THEY NEVER WILL, GG.

@Mighty Mango quote:

all the new relics I found hasn't even hit the 21k wall let alone coming near 22517 max value on my old relic

same. But they can drop, so i guess its just incredibly unlikely or maybe the perfect roll is equal. need to wait a week or two to really know if this is a problem or just us being impatient.

@iamisom quote:

if the boost to 22.5k didnt happen, then finding legend in the new patch will still be beneficial as it'll beat the 20828 stats of mythical, with the boost now even the old mythical got to 22.5k, the new patch isn't worth grinding for at all

My loot drops on c7 is not even close to what it was before the patch? Before patch my armor had 7k+, now after patch a legendary droped with max 6200 upgrade for me!?

I'm content with the new patch as I never spent ages grinding C7 for perfect legendaries.

Embrace the new loot don't just whinge it isn't as good as legacy gear.