Sign in to follow this  
UncrownedData

Connection loss timer

Someone made a post recently, but I want to reiterate.  I have just lost the final rewards a third time of 4 attempts at moonbase survivals in the past couple days (two happened mid-wave 34 and one mid-wave 31).  Sure, the gear is the main goal of running that map, but of course the chance at decent weapons or ToTs would really be nice.  Maybe it's the internet provider, but in all 3 cases, I haven't appeared to lose internet outside the game.  I am mostly actively searching the internet/streaming music while DunDef is running and I never see any sort of notification or trouble.  Apart from the notification when I tab back into DunDef that my connection was lost, I have no way of knowing what causes this or even when it happens.  Everytime, I tab back out and have immediately loaded several new pages to make sure I have internet and it has worked fine all 3 times outside the game.  

It has happened so many times in the past as well, and I am getting really, really frustrated.  Can the idea previously posted PLEASE be looked into.  Just set a timer so that if a host loses connection, pause the game for all players.  Have a timer count down X seconds/minutes, and if the host is not back, terminate the game or pass host to a random player, etc, or pretty much whatever seems fit (the real issue is rooted in survivals, which I would assume are rarely run with multiple players.  Meaning the solution of what to do if the host does not connect within the time limit is probably not super important, at least in my opinion).  However, If the host comes back within the time limit, then the game can be resumed when the host clicks resume, or when all players click resume, or whichever method of resuming seems best fit.

Please post any and all feedback on this.  With the new map coming up, Im sure more people will be running lengthy survivals on that map as well.  Even if those are quicker, it would still be nice to have this if at all possible.  Again, please give this serious consideration.

This has been discused time and time again and has been responded to by Trendy, and probably us at some point, but while this sounds easy on paper, it is anything but in terms of actually implementing. It was actually looked into whether or not this could be implemented around the last Trendy update (Moonbase)  if I'm not mistaken and it was determined there that this wasn't doable.