Sign in to follow this  
Atherial

Discussion for Survival Rewards in Future Updates

Hello Defenders

It is me Atherial here to do what i can for the game and bring up some discussion about the current patch and the future patches. I wish for this chat to stay civil as these are only suggestions for possibly ways to make the game more enjoyable for a larger group of people. So without wasting more time lets get into the thick of things with my main points. 

Main Points 

Survivals

On the topic of survivals i have a few questions to ask and a fair few other points to make. First lets start by talking about rewards for survivals. 

1. What is saying that we need to have a pet awarded on a survival map. Lets say that on the final wave of ToW survival we are awarded with a blue bloodshot staff called "the eye of the storm" this item would spawn basically the same as any other staff but be a alternate place to farm a very good staff. Well being slightly different for collection and theme. This would not be limited to only a bloodshot there is a large list of weapons that could be very easily integrated into this format giving people that really like making fancy looking chars or farming a ++ of every weapon at home. To name a few: Crystal Weapons, Base Campaign boss rewards, Any of the Challenge Weapons, ETC. These take the basic Idea of the item and add a interesting spin on them well not bloating maps with the campaign drops making those feel unique along with the survival drops. 
  2. Another topic i want to cover is core drops that are map specific. The eternia shards introduced many cool and unique weapons that are specific to the map and along with a campaign reward also were obtainable on survival. We all know these weapons things like: Bloodshot, Sea Spear, Prism Glaive, Airship Rudder, ETC. Though in the latest maps we have not noticed these even though the tend to be a variation of the map specific weapon. Meaning we could have let say a ember sword or a ember sceptre that drops as a core drop from ember-mount for example. Not saying this will work for every weapon as i feel that making a core drop ember sceptre on ember would be a disaster. But i think that it would be nice if each map had 1 - 2 or so core drops for each class. 

That is all i have on rewards as for the maps themselves i feel have been very good. Mob number has been sticking to a decent ammount besides MB but that is due to spooky scaling when cores die. You can tell since it makes skeletons spawn (get it).

Thanks for reading this i have more but i feel this is the most important one to post first. Hope this helps anyone and sparks a good discussion.

Atherial

I like the idea of changing up survival rewards

I do feel as though we have enough tower pet options...

1a. Pretty sure at the end of ToW you will be given the campaign reward drops, as it seems to be common for CDT maps -- Buc Bay & Ember both drop reward weps at the end of the survival. So the Elder Staff is already there, I'm not understanding this request then for another staff.
1b. As for the other older weps, its the same issue as with some DLC pets -- some of them are unique(in design and functionality) but poor for DPS, so no one uses them. Although unlike pet drops, at least the new ToW weapons are fairly unique and well thought out, in design and 2 in functionality as well!

2. Core drop weapons will have to be significantly poorer/weaker in DPS compared to their reward counterparts to make them be available on survival/campaign once you beat a given map. But I do agree on this part, having unique core drop weapons is good -- for tower wep / stat stick farming and they look nice for decoration, etc.

I think new core drop weapons would be nice :)