Sign in to follow this  
Hom-Sha-Bom

Are Legendary items going to be required now?

So before Legendary items were nice, but they were only a little bit extra stats over Mythic, they still had the same number of shard slots. Legendary items were a luxury and you could progress with just Mythic items. Now, they still have the same number of shard slots, but legendary items add a whole extra 4th stat.

The power bump from Mythic to Legendary seems to be much bigger than it was before. Is this going to make Legendary items required?

unless they make legendaries like 100 times more rare i'm not too worried

they might, though...

No, they shouldn't be required. You can probably clear through C7 with greens if you want.

However, we know nothing at this point until we know the overall changes to stat ranges, loot caps and loot rolls.

Unless they buff up enemy HP and/or damage,  legendaries won't be any more required than they are now. You can work comfortably and effectively with mythicals and even blues. The bonus stats will just make those legendary items all the more sweet to obtain. 

In a way, yes. For optimum DPS chars it wil lrather be demanded since the current game DEMANDS you have HH or die-spam. So DPS heroes, to be the best dps they can be, are gonna need that legendary to be able to do that dps and have the health to not get face rolled.

Otherwise, not, really, i mean, in terms of progression, we can get to C7 without 4 stats per gear and mobs arent changing (sadly) so we should still be able to do so as we did before.

@Jojozityjo quote:

Otherwise, not, really, i mean, in terms of progression, we can get to C7 without 4 stats per gear and mobs arent changing (sadly) so we should still be able to do so as we did before.

Yeah, but that's going to have to change, isn't it? Currently they're nerfing ascension because it made people too powerful. Giving us every stat on every piece of gear is also going to make us too powerful for the current content.

probably. Im not even sure why they "fixed" the loot itself. I saw nothing wrong with it really, just the method in which it dropped. There is significantly much more pressing issues that need addressed and yet they just wanna dish out lil gumdrop "fixes" instead of dishing out the real deal, the real main coarse.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

So before Legendary items were nice, but they were only a little bit extra stats over Mythic, they still had the same number of shard slots. Legendary items were a luxury and you could progress with just Mythic items. Now, they still have the same number of shard slots, but legendary items add a whole extra 4th stat.

The power bump from Mythic to Legendary seems to be much bigger than it was before. Is this going to make Legendary items required?

Monsters currently are planned to remain at the same strength it appears. Not only that, the stat cap for each tier is getting raised next patch as well. Considering the current bar, and that we're only getting item buffs, legendary items should not become required. They WILL, however, have a pretty big power gap between mythics and legendaries, but that's kinda what they wanted (cause as you even said, there currently isn't much of a difference).

Unless that extra third stat comes with a much lower cap than the primary and secondary stats, legendaries will be ridiculously more powerful than anything else.  The question afterwards being whether or not Trendy will balance monster stats based on that standard or not somewhere down the line.

I can already foresee new players stuck with legendary gear and they cannot make gear progression, because they see that most of the loots are "worse" than what they are using...

Nothing much will change for defenses since foregoing DH was already the way to optimize DPS. This just makes towers less likely to die to a stray, non-kobold/kobolt attack.

Heroes, however, are getting a massive damage boost from this. Instead of just HH + 1 damage stat we now get HH + 2 damage stats. I'm assuming Trendy intends to try balancing that with the stat value rolls, but it's unlikely to be extreme enough to make much difference.

Like Mimi above me said, it's unlikely that you'll be replacing a Legendary in your hero gear (not defense gear) with anything less than either another Legendary or something with a major stat increase. Since that stat increase would have to account for the loss of your 4th stat.

@calmchaos quote:

Like Mimi above me said, it's unlikely that you'll be replacing a Legendary in your hero gear (not defense gear) with anything less than either another Legendary or something with a major stat increase. Since that stat increase would have to account for the loss of your 4th stat.

The exception is going to be your character with the highest iPWR that will be used to determine the quality of your future drops (aka the Display Dummy). 

I am hoping we were going to get some clear cut Trendy info on this, cause I assume that a mythic helmet with the armor stat at 2k and total of 4k stat points is going to be better for the Dummy than a legendary with only 1.5k armor and a total 5k stat points. I am not sure if we can really tell which one if the better one, though I think cost will be sufficient to determine the better one in the same rarity tier for an item slot.

We really either need iPWR back, or a thumbs up/down when comparing an item to what is currently equipped, or some way to very easily know.

@geo981010 quote:

@calmchaos quote:

The exception is going to be your character with the highest iPWR that will be used to determine the quality of your future drops (aka the Display Dummy). 

I am hoping we were going to get some clear cut Trendy info on this, cause I assume that a mythic helmet with the armor stat at 2k and total of 4k stat points is going to be better for the Dummy than a legendary with only 1.5k armor and a total 5k stat points. I am not sure if we can really tell which one if the better one, though I think cost will be sufficient to determine the better one in the same rarity tier for an item slot.

We really either need iPWR back, or a thumbs up/down when comparing an item to what is currently equipped, or some way to very easily know.

holy i didn't even think about that i mean the situation you described sounds like a nightmare but im pretty sure the dev stream said that the primary stat has to be higher then the others so its going to come down to adding all the total stats up to determine if its a upgrade in the example you listed above if the armor was 1500 that means the other stats could also only be 1500 or less so a max item in your example would be 1500 armor and 1500 for the rest of the stats and if it has 4 stats that means its going to have a 6k stat value overall im almost positive that its still going to be check the primary if its higher its probably a upgrade but we will see.

Hero Gear is going to be the ones that need upgrading the most cause you'll gain the most from them. Relics most likely not be replaced until you get perfect 69 up Legendary Relics, it doesn't really effect "geared" players as it does "gearing players" Geared players already have BiS relics minus the extra upgrades they are adding which seems to be 9, and defense health, which is really only going to be noticed on Flame Auras, and commonly used AA towers that are prone to being Kobalted. Gearing players wont have to worry about bricking 60 up relics to defense health instead of the other 2 defense stats which is a huge plus. And now the meta will switch to Gearing HD/HH/HCD or HD/AP/HH or possibly HCD with AP as well, and weapons obviously are going to be loads better.

At the end of the day it also depends on the "difficulty" of the game. If the new content introduced after this loot re-re-re-re-rework (how many rework on the loot we are at so far seriously?) is pretty hard then yes legendary will be must-have. If it is similar it seems many people are farming C7 without too much hassle so it will be only making those high players even more broken and create an even bigger gap between people who spend their life on the game and people that just don't have the time and play only now and then. (I find that hilarious for a tower defense based game)