Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie

Give us back the ability to choose our maps

Ok the trials idea isn't working, for me and for many others.

Surely there is no huge reason why we shouldn't just get all the maps back for each Chaos tier and be able to select the map we want to play.

I know way back when NM4 was hard we played Liferoot over and over again as we could get a build that worked. It wasn't too much of a chore, because we chose to do it.

Also when NM4 Inc was the thing to play we all hit Griblock's Incursion as it was the best time to reward. Once again we chose to do this.

This map rotation, or lack of it takes our choice away and that is an annoyance and restriction we don't need.

So Trendy open up all the maps like they were on all tiers so we can farm how we want to farm.

The C7 Demon's lair incursion would be nice, especially with the medallion drop :-)

Who knows you could assign higher drop rates for specific shards to different incursions.

@PandynatorDD quote:

Personally I would prefer daily resets, 5 new maps every day.

Lawd NO! Weekly reset are fine imo, but daily removes too much of the 'progression' you get when you're 'learning' the maps - basically every day your experience with the previous maps is gone *poof*. This is seems fine when you're already geared in that tier and just want to change the monotony, but is horrendous whilst gearing / starting a tier.

I think a potential solution to everyone's woe's is to use something akin to what they had before mixed with the new system:

• You can play any map per chaos Tier and get gear, and shards - but let's say half of what you get currently with Trials. (don't stress on the actual number - that obviously needs balancing tweaks and is not in the scope of this post). XP, gold, and def medals is left at the normal value.
  • Every week, 5 maps are 'randomly' chosen as the 'Trials of the Week'. These maps give the full benefit of gear/shards and are the only place you can 'continue' your Win Streak*. XP, gold, and def medals is left at the same value as non-Trials maps.
  • This allows people the 'choice' of all maps if they're doing it primarily for XP/medals/fun (you still get gear/shards *DOH*). OTOH, if people are anal about min/max-ing gear/shards they can instead focus on the 'random trials'.
  • The weekly rotation reduces the monotony of the Trials, even between new chaos tier releases, whilst preserving some semblance of map progression during the course of the week.

#My2Cents

@malf quote:
@PandynatorDD quote:

Personally I would prefer daily resets, 5 new maps every day.

Lawd NO! Weekly reset are fine imo, but daily removes too much of the 'progression' you get when you're 'learning' the maps - basically every day your experience with the previous maps is gone *poof*. This is seems fine when you're already geared in that tier and just want to change the monotony, but is horrendous whilst gearing / starting a tier.

I think a potential solution to everyone's woe's is to use something akin to what they had before mixed with the new system:

• You can play any map per chaos Tier and get gear, and shards - but let's say half of what you get currently with Trials. (don't stress on the actual number - that obviously needs balancing tweaks and is not in the scope of this post). XP, gold, and def medals is left at the normal value.
  • Every week, 5 maps are 'randomly' chosen as the 'Trials of the Week'. These maps give the full benefit of gear/shards and are the only place you can 'continue' your Win Streak*. XP, gold, and def medals is left at the same value as non-Trials maps.
  • This allows people the 'choice' of all maps if they're doing it just for XP/medals/fun. If people are aiming to min/max gear/shards, then they instead focus on the 'random trials'. The weekly rotation reduces the monotony of the Trials, even between new chaos tier releases, whilst preserving some semblance of map progression during the course of the week.

#My2Cents

i love it but  dont include exp in any map. reason is because people just farm easy afk maps for days than just afk in trials.  any map idea great for gold/coins because it reasourements for max gear and shard and  buying other stuff. 

@123theman123 quote:

i love it but  dont include exp in any map. reason is because people just farm easy afk maps for days than just afk in trials.  any map idea great for gold/coins because it reasourements for max gear and shard and  buying other stuff. 

Thanks? Apologies, but after the "I love it" I really don't know what the rest of your post said :).

@Fozzie quote:

Surely there is no huge reason why we shouldn't just get all the maps back for each Chaos tier and be able to select the map we want to play.

I know way back when NM4 was hard we played Liferoot over and over again as we could get a build that worked. It wasn't too much of a chore, because we chose to do it.

Also when NM4 Inc was the thing to play we all hit Griblock's Incursion as it was the best time to reward. Once again we chose to do this.

This map rotation, or lack of it takes our choice away and that is an annoyance and restriction we don't need.

So Trendy open up all the maps like they were on all tiers so we can farm how we want to farm.

The C7 Demon's lair incursion would be nice, especially with the medallion drop :-)

Who knows you could assign higher drop rates for specific shards to different incursions.

Yup for so many reasons.

A lot of people are complaining it is too hard, and being forced into maps like you said is a big part of it. Instead on picking an easy map to start off with, RNGesus tells you that you have to do Assault on Throne Room. Easy map if you are overgeared, but seriously deficient in DU if you have CT5 gear and are trying the CT6 version. People should start off with Liferoot and Gates, and then work their way up. Being able to perfect a single map setup with underpowered gear is hard enough, but the current system just seems like a cliff when you get the hard maps right out of the gate.

For people who get max gear, we get stuck doing the same map for months. There are 20 maps that we aren't playing, and we end up doing the same builds over and over. When you have obvious outliers in setup time (Bastille) or ones with recurring stuck bosses (Crumbling Ruins), this gets really frustrating.

As for the special incursion shard rewards, that would be great and they should do more: instead of a 1 in 25 chance for a shard from a difficulty level, pretty much any map could have a very small pool of shards to pick from instead. Then you could offer a lot more shards in a specific difficulty level. This would be a great time to do it for the campaign too so people can start CT1 with a couple of the necessary ones that were pushed out of campaign because of smaller per difficulty shard pools. And we wouldn't have to go farm CT3/CT4 with CT7 max gear to get the useful shards - I would run Bastille in CT7 if the pool of shards there included D Rate or D Strikes or Power Transfer instead of AFKing CT3/CT4.

If Trendy doesn't like people doing the same maps over and over, consider encouraging playing other maps. Bring back the daily bonus chest so that your end chest is improved for the first 5 different maps you do. Make it so every 5 different maps in a day that you win gives a bonus (special shard or whatever), and you can get that reward multiple times. Bring back per map special weapons or armor pieces. Keep track of how many wins for a map happen in a day, and give bonuses to maps that are not getting played/beaten as much.

Rewarding people for doing different maps with different builds would make players enjoy trying different things, but forcing us to play a specific map a specific way makes us feel like we are stuck in a dead end job. Already have the real world for that... :)

@Fozzie quote:

Overall, I agree with your post. But this part^^ Maybe that was the case before Demon's Lair Inc. But Demon's Lair, for me, was the fastest payout and with 25 DM's to boot! :-)

@malf quote:
@123theman123 quote:

Thanks? Apologies, but after the "I love it" I really don't know what the rest of your post said :).

i shouldnt have comment when i JUST woke up. i mean  for 

remove the experience  earn in any chaos tier map.  reason i dislike this is due to how strong A levels are in early chaos tiers. it many not matter in C5-7. but it should in C1-4.  

@123theman123 quote:

@malf quote:
@123theman123 quote:

i shouldnt have comment when i JUST woke up. i mean  for 

remove the experience  earn in any chaos tier map.  reason i dislike this is due to how strong A levels are in early chaos tiers. it many not matter in C5-7. but it should in C1-4.  

The XP is messed up, but they shouldn't remove XP for the lower maps. You really need the first 60 levels (get the crit chance for towers + heroes) early on, and the next 150 to get range gambit is nice too.

That being said - it is way too easy to get a crazy amount of Ascension, and since the XP per level barely scales you might as well do it brainlessly AFK on CT3/CT4 while you are farming Defense Rate/Power Transfer/Deadly Strikes shards. They should make the XP per Ascension level double every 100 levels, and make the per map XP also double for each new Chaos Trial. Then farming CT3 will be very inefficient compared to CT7, and getting over crazy ascension level will be very hard (701-800 will take twice as long, 801-900 four times, 901-1000 eight times, etc).

@Fozzie quote:

ALL OF THIS!!! All of IT!

Bring back defense mode trendy, just make trials a new mode, to compete with incursion and onslaught. Bring defense mode back. And let us actually get feggin rewards out of it! Let us get chaos appropriate shards and gear from defense mode chaos runs. Just make trials a game mode that awards more, like more exp, gold, and drops per consecutive win(s), kinda like a hybrid mode of onslaught and incursion. Like onslaught cause it keeps going and going until you lose. Like incursion cause it's a different map every time with maybe those special boss versions of the new chaos enemies at the end like they have now.

Bottom line, just bring back a rewarding defense mode, for the love of god! x.x

@geo981010 quote:

The XP is messed up, but they shouldn't remove XP for the lower maps. You really need the first 60 levels (get the crit chance for towers + heroes) early on, and the next 150 to get range gambit is nice too.

That being said - it is way too easy to get a crazy amount of Ascension, and since the XP per level barely scales you might as well do it brainlessly AFK on CT3/CT4 while you are farming Defense Rate/Power Transfer/Deadly Strikes shards. They should make the XP per Ascension level double every 100 levels, and make the per map XP also double for each new Chaos Trial. Then farming CT3 will be very inefficient compared to CT7, and getting over crazy ascension level will be very hard (701-800 will take twice as long, 801-900 four times, 901-1000 eight times, etc).

true  but that different  matter. im still wonder why they made it so low bewteen each level. i get that almost no cap. must be A level 120,208 to max everything but still!

Sorry if someone else already mentioned this, I didn't read all of the comments.

Maybe add something where if you play the same map multiple times in a row your drop chances become slightly lower on that map and increase it on other maps. That way you can't farm the same easy levels over and over again and it rewards you for playing other maps. After a few other maps, you increase your chances back to normal/higher on the map you normally play.

Payday 2 has a system that is basically like this and I enjoy it because it adds variety to your gameplay and don't burn yourself out /as/ fast.

Yea I think it's time to call it a day on the trials idea. At least in the format we've experienced it. I don't know what Trendy's end goal is exactly. 

I haven't seen a post disagreeing to an end to current trials yet. And a ridiculous amount for it. It's obvious the game gets boring quickly atm :'(

Trendy, please give us our freedom back! I'd like to play the other maps without being required to go to a different Chaos tier to do so. At the very least, give us an extra map in the rotation of C5 - C7+. A side note: please reward us exp for each additional core beyond the first in the way sub-cores do (Buried Bastille should not reward less exp than Dragonfall Sewers).