Sign in to follow this  
raymundomanofdoo

My game won't launch once again. Please help

So perhaps region restriction or port forwarding would be the answer. I will do some digging to find out what ports need to be forwarded and try that. I tried placing my system in the DMZ and it did not work. The log message I have when not using a VPN and I can't launch is this...

(03:53:13:235)EventServer: PVEventsServer::Initialize ParentConnection

It gets stuck here so it is not initalizing the connection properly to the server thus causing a hang in the application until it CAN establish that TCP handshake. I will get back to you raymundomanofdoo with a definite solution in my case and perhaps it will help you too.

Hmm... ok. I wish your computer had the decency to provide us with logs lol. I am curious as to why yours is not cooperating. If you have access to another network resource in the meantime.. I.E. "VPN" I would recommend seeing if it runs for you and maybe once I find the solution then we both will be in business and then we can trade steam names.

For verification purposes, what ports did you forward to your local IP address (192.168.x.x)

Hey raymundo, please try this...

How to turn on Logging

1. Navigate to the config folder at ...Steam/steamapps/common/Dungeon Defenders 2/DunDef2/UDKGame/config/
  2. Edit UDKEngine.ini with Notepad or Notepad++
  3. Change the following lines within UDKEngine.ini file by putting a semi-colon in front of them so they look like the following: 
    ;Suppress=DevNetTraffic
    ;Suppress=DevConfig
    ;Suppress=DevNet
    ;Suppress=PlayVerse
    ;Suppress=CURL
  4. Save the updated UDKEngine.ini
  5. Launch Dungeon Defenders 2 and replicate the issue you've been experiencing.
  6. Once you have replicated the issue close Dungeon Defenders 2. If the issue is the game not completely loading please wait 1 minute and then force close the game.

Then see if your logs folder will populate with logs and then maybe we could see what is going on.

And if some reason THAT doesn't work lol. Try this please...

Step 1:
Right-click on your desktop, go to New and select Text Document.

Step 2:
Enter the following text into the document:  DunDefLauncher.exe -PVBSDEBUG=true

Step 3:
Name the document "runme.bat" (without the quotations).

Step 4:
Put the runme.bat in Steam's working folder for DD2.

Example path: [STEAM INSTALL PATH]\Steam\SteamApps\common\Dungeon Defenders 2

Step 5:
Run the runme.bat as an administrator.

Step 6:
A console screen will pop up which will then load the DD2 launcher (our bootstrapper). While the launcher is running it will log to two text files in the same working folder.

Log file names:
awesomium.log
runlog.log

Once you do all this and your problem still isn't fix. Please post your bug logs in here so that I may further assist you. We will get to the bottom of this!

So what fixed this for me temporarily at least, I can get into the game but after waiting at a white screen...Changed my date and time to reflect my current timezone and then forwarded the two ports required for Dungeon Defenders to communicate over network. 

Sorry to hijack the thread but i do have the same problem and the logs says the same than Alpha's one. Support is silent, any way to fix the problem?

Hell everyone. So I just tried to launch DD2 once again seeing that there was an update to the game. Sadly it did not work. i tried for a couple hours once again doing all of the troubleshooting that I could think of with no success. Even worse is nobody on the staff has seemed to care to reply to anyone in this post. The community is great and I'm happy that some of you tried to help, but I don't have the time or the drive to continue to try to debug the game with nobody on the staff helping in the process. I will probably keep trying every time there is an update, but that's really all I care to do anymore. Thank you all for the assistance that you did provide.

@raymundomanofdoo quote:

Hell everyone. So I just tried to launch DD2 once again seeing that there was an update to the game. Sadly it did not work. i tried for a couple hours once again doing all of the troubleshooting that I could think of with no success. Even worse is nobody on the staff has seemed to care to reply to anyone in this post. The community is great and I'm happy that some of you tried to help, but I don't have the time or the drive to continue to try to debug the game with nobody on the staff helping in the process. I will probably keep trying every time there is an update, but that's really all I care to do anymore. Thank you all for the assistance that you did provide.

I've sent in a ticket a few weeks ago. No words back from that yet. The methods for trouble shooting don't even work for me as I cannot produce the logs they are asking for (the files don't generate). Maybe they're working on it - maybe they aren't. I haven't seen anyone successfully have a fix for it other than getting lucky with config files or plugging directly into the router instead of over WiFi. In any case, Overwatch is $20 off right now and it's the anniversary event.

I was pretty hopeful this patch too but i'm not gonna bother trying to fix the successfully authenticate with steam problem or the retarded long loading black screen parent pv connection log issue.