Sign in to follow this  
ddace

CDT Update 3 - ToW Survival Pets and Challenge Weapon drop survey

Greetings All!!

A couple of questions have come up in the beta feedback and wanted to make sure they got as much direct attention from the community as possible so we can get your opinions on them.  Please take a moment to briefly respond and try to encourage others to respond as well.  The more players we can get to voice their opinions the better.  You can expound on why you choose what you choose or just post the option you like.

1. Do you want To change the Seahorse pet to somethign else on Temple of water survival?

• Yes. Use Different pet. (if choosing this option, please list your preferred pet)
  • No. Keep the Seahorse

2. Do you want a Tower Stat Pet, as a 3rd pet, at the end of Temple of Water Survival and move pet from question 1 to wave 30?

• Yes. (Please list preferred tower pet to use)
  • No. Pet from Question 1 is fine.

3. How many weapons should Temple of Polybius Challenge Reward?

• 1 weapon
  • 2 weapons

4.  How should the items be rewarded on Temple of Polybius Challenge?

• 1 per account like CD
  • 1 per char like most maps

Thanks and Happy Defending!!

1. B - I like the seahorse :)

2. A

3. B

4. A

EDIT: I like the turtle pet idea that other people posted, changing my vote to 2 A :)

1. B

2. B - would like a floating water blob or something new but it might be a tad late for that so it would be A if we could

3. B - its tough and getting one reward would kind of suck for the time investment and difficulty

4. A

So,

1. Do you want To change the Seahorse pet to something else on Temple of water survival?

A. Yes. Use Different pet.
-- Djinnlett / Goblin Cupid / Animus(all 4) / Rainbow Unicorn. I can't decide on one though. Definitely need more variety in end-game pets. Surprising to see the responses so far, ouch! And then people complain about lack of variety, but then don't want variety when there is an option to! But oh well it is what it is not gonna complain! Whatever is the final result I'm okay with it! :D

2. Do you want a Tower Stat Pet at the end of Temple of Water Survival?

A. Yes.
-- As suggested in the other thread -- Either a re-use of the Ember-pet but colored aqua-blue and renamed as Ice Block / Water Blob. Or an aqua-blue colored Turtle on a Treadmill with speed bonus, and 700/800 stat cap and level requirement 90 if 700 or 97 if 800(given people an option to taste the 800 stat pets before getting a Diamond, i.e. more variety in builders too). Currently you can't farm Turtles using "conventional" survivals so it would be nice. And Turtles fit the "water" them pretty well IMO!

3. How many weapons should Temple of Polybius Challenge Reward?

B. 2 weapons.
-- Tough map, so its pointless to lock-out and force people to play as a particular class to get these weapons.

4. How should the items be rewarded on Temple of Polybius Challenge?

A. 1 per account like CD.
-- Although I love more items, but did some testing and I might give it a pass given that they roll pretty high on stats on both the weapons. All 4 runs I got 3 ults and 1 sup, over-capping Ults in multiple stats at that. So yeah 1 per account seems reasonable for this.

1. B - I personally like the seahorse being rewarded over anything else.

2. I'm kinda on the border with this though. I like the seahorse being the end of survival reward, but if it was bumped to wave 30 and a blue turtle added as the wave 35 pet reward with good stats then that wouldn't be bad either. Or both could be rewarded at wave 35.

3. B - that challenge is hard as nails! Being quite lengthy if it only rewarded 1 weapon it wouldn't feel that rewarding to do other than the fact you cleared the map, so I support both weapons being rewarded. Also most of the time at the end of the map one person will almost always be on a monk, so that would limit them from getting the huntress reward if they couldn't swap roles with people they're running with, as well as the fact to get the huntress reward it would lock them into having to use that class.

4. A - 1 reward of 2 weapons per account. I doubt anyone can carry afks in this map, and this supports teaming up with other people as well.

EDIT: Now that the base question for 2 has changed, I feel I would like a blue turtle at the end of the survival with seahorse being bumped to wave 30. Would it be possible to reskin the treadmill to water (wouldn't need to be anything fancy, even water in the shape of the treadmill would be fine) and name it Turtle of the deep? I've been influenced by riddle :P .

1 - No. Keep the Seahorse
2 - No. Pet from Question 1 is fine.
3 - 2 weapons
4 - 1 per account like CD

@Inferno.0b quote:

2. I'm kinda on the border with this though. I like the seahorse being the end of survival reward, but if it was bumped to wave 30 and a blue turtle added as the wave 35 pet reward with good stats then that wouldn't be bad either. Or both could be rewarded at wave 35.

That is what the initial suggestion was, i.e Fairy wave 25, Any Pet/Seahorse Wave 30 and the Stat Pet Wave 35. Therefore 2nd question and the options to it are misleading and should be addressed/edited.
People are getting the idea that its an "either-or" between the Seahorse/Any Other pet and the Stat pet, i.e. only 2 pet rewards. Whereas that is not what was suggested in the update thread.

Morning,

(Kana from Order of Paradox)

Throwing my 2 cents into the ring..

1: B (and A) - I dont see a problem with keeping a seahorse as a reward in ToW survival, but I also agree with Inferno. Embermount sees the player rewarded with 3 pets as they progress along the track of 40 waves. With 35 waves in ToW, why not push the seahorse back to a 20 or 25 wave reward, and place a new pet into the wave 35 reward. Pushing the seahorse to a lower wave (such as 20), would allow a different pet to be inserted around wave 30 (such as a Rainbow Unicorn.. currently doing a "no-towers" run through of all the levels, and everyone is using a rainbow unicorn, so I'm kinda partial to them right now lol). And as a reward for getting wave 35, introduce a "new" pet. A re-use of the turtle on a treamill model, as Mambo suggested, would be a good idea. Maybe a step between the Pirate Skeleton and a Diamond? (lvl 90/93 required, 700 to 750 stats). I rarely see a Turtle on a Treadmill (outside of a godly armor set build...). Guarantee the Turtle and treadmill to be blue (like "Something Blue" blue), and give it a specific ToW reward name (Tortue Bleue? just watched Tortue Rouge, sorry... "Unlike the red variety, this one wont break your raft." .. i really want this pet now lol... ). 

2: A - Yes, a tower pet would be good, see question 1 response.

3: B - 2 weapons. 

4: A - 1 per account.

1. B

2. A- Blue turtle tower pet, and I think having 3 pets for this map would be cool so it could be something like Fairy, seahorse, then Blue turtle tower pet

@Inferno.0b quote:

3. B

4. A

1. B 
i think the sea horse is fine. This can by proxy raise the chance of finding a good horse due to people wanting to run the new map. Since i personally like sea horses more than other dps pets am completely fine with this. 

2. A
I think we should follow the trend and keep a stat based pet. Maybe a diamond pet that looks like a water droplet.

3. B
that way we don't have to play a ranger on the boss to beat the map if we don't have a amazing of X character.

4. A
I want to run with friends.

Updated question 2 in order to clarify the question further in case it was needed. 

1. There should be a different pet. There is already a survival map that gives a seahorse, we don't need two. I think the pony would be a good replacement if it got a buff (would be a fun pet). 

2. I think there should be a stat pet. I think it should be 25 Fairy, 30 Pony, 35 Stat pet. I think it would be cool to have a beefed up turtle on treadmill. Possibly a blue recolor and a different name. Maybe "Surf's Up".

3 & 4. If there will be only one reward per account then there should be two weapons per run. It is a very hard map to only get one weapon. If there is one reward per player then it should only be one weapon. I personally think it should be one reward per account with two weapons.

1) I would like to see keeping the sea horse.  I am *equally* fine with a fairy.  I wouldn't be upset with a rainbow unicorn.  Anything else I would personally very likely sell to the vendor or give away.  So, I guess I technically vote B.  

2) I vote A, of course.  I think which pet *hugely* depends on what level of stats the pet would have.  I would not like to see a re use of the embermount fire glob even if it is recolored.  Of course, if it doesn't have stats atleast comparable to a low quality diamond, it wouldn't really matter at all what the pet actually is.  I have not played the map, but I hear from basically everyone it is tough.  It seems fitting to bump up the stats of a pet reward for such a map.  I would personally vote to keep it lower than the average rolled diamond. I could get behind something fish/turtle related, but both fish in a bowl and turtle on a treadmill are rather low rolling pets.  I have not really been a fan of pets on treadmills personally, so maybe take the fish out of the bowl or the turtle off the treadmill and up the stats.   A water droplet as Atherial suggested would be super neat so long as it doesn't look like a blue embermount pet (pile of... rocks I guess I will call it).  Half way through writing this, I changed my mind and I would like to see a water droplet over anything else.  

3) my vote for 3 and 4 are contigent on each other.  I vote B, 2 weapoins.  I agree with most people here in that it should be limited to one set of 2 weapons per account.  I am going to go a step further though, and say the weapons should *not* be class specific.  That would take out the factor of forcing someone to obtain a monk weapon if they dont want one.  It would also add a little more incentive to play the map and do so in groups.  If not, I would say atleast have one random and one class specific.  Two weapons that are both class specific would be less than Ideal if you ask me.

4) I vote one set per account, so I vote A here.  See above for more specifics, though. IF and only if the CDT decides to reward 1 weapon, then I vote one per character. Otherwise, if it is 2, go one set of 2 weapons per account.

1. A, We dont really have any map where you can get a good dps Serpent.  (So higher quality then the one from magus)

2.A, Turtel on treadmill (Maybe higher stats/quality?) 

3. B

4. A

Thanks to all who have posted your preferences so far.  Please continue to encourage others to do the same.

Currently I have asked the team to look at adding a tower pet in order to get ahead of things as a good portion of players want a stat pet of some kind and sea turtle/blue turtle seems to be the lead on that.  This would move the seahorse down to wave 30 or whatever pet is decided upon in the end from question 1.

Also, this does not mean voting is over and final.  If the votes start looking like that changes, then we will reevaluate.  We just want to be ahead as much as we can to not slow things down too much.  So please keep it coming.

So blue turtle was asked for.  One of the CDT members was able to quickly look at colors for us and I wanted to post here to make sure this is what was wanted.

blrLwJI.png

You can see the parts that will be randomly colorized in this pic.

3CpZNbd.png