Some feedback/opinion [Gold/Upgrades, Co-Op and RNG]

I really like the trials update overall, but there are some things that needs some fix really quick. I've mentioned some problems on other posts (as a reply), but got no feedback from devs, so I decided to create my own "feedback post".

Gold/Upgrade Cost Issues:

Earning Gold is really hard since the update came out, the only shard that supposed to make you rich (Jackpot) is completely useless. The prices are too high, I'm starting to feel like that I wont be able to progress further due to the lack of gold.

I really want to gear up all of my heroes, but I can't because I know there will be new chaos difficulties so I have to save gold. This brings up another problem: "The Meta". People mostly use Flame Auras and WMs, just like me. I really want to build more heroes and try different builds, but sadly I can't, I'm rather just saving gold for the new chaos difficulties, and trying to progress with the least heroes/towers.

Co-Op:

At the moment this game feels like it is mostly solo based (way easier and faster). This game should really introduce something like roles or guilds/teams (healer, dps, tank etc..). Obviously there are classes with the same stats atm, but they just feel the same on the field, they all do high damage, you don't even need multiple heroes to win a game (..or other players).

I also want to mention the Host Privileges here. The host can't control anything at all (who can/can't join, either game rules). Literally anyone can join even people straight outta campaign to c7 matches, because that's how you make progression, right?

RNG:

Well, obviously it's a grinding game, but still, sometimes I feel like the RNG is even worse since the update. You can change shards which is a good thing, but everything else is just RNG. I played sooo many games of c7, and I still couldn't get a legendary/mythical totem with 60 max upgrades. Some items are just useless literally, It's funny that even a blue can be more usefull with more upgrages than a RARE legendary with 15 upgrades.

My other problem with RNG is the victory chest. I bet you know that feeling when you play a game (C7 for example), and you don't get a single mythical, but there is still hope; The Victory Chest. The HUD says: Victory, and you are about to claim your "hardly" earned reward. And guess what? You got a Green Chest (or a Blue) in C7.. Ouch..

These issues are bothering me the most, I have read a few posts with similar issues, but saw no feedback from Trendy. Like I said, I really enjoy the game overall, but these issues make me quit quite frequently. (Boredom, lack of gold)

they KNOW, they read it but just dont reply. they are working on it. sadly for us it take weeks to imply new changes. i agress with most but the Co-op. we dont need roles. we need rewards to make us play Co-op. why do map with 110% stronger monsters with no reward other than fun. 

@123theman123 quote:

they KNOW, they read it but just dont reply. they are working on it. sadly for us it take weeks to imply new changes. i agress with most but the Co-op. we dont need roles. we need rewards to make us play Co-op. why do map with 110% stronger monsters with no reward other than fun. 

Agreed. Im just trying to come up with ideas because coop is obviously dead.

So I have been playing through DD2 with a roommate and the entire card deck leveling when you play is difficult for us to play without each other, I wish i could disable shared XP anyone else in co-op run through feel the same??

@wotz_ XIII quote:

Gold/Upgrade Cost Issues:

Earning Gold is really hard since the update came out, the only shard that supposed to make you rich (Jackpot) is completely useless. The prices are too high, I'm starting to feel like that I wont be able to progress further due to the lack of gold.

I also want to mention the Host Privileges here. The host can't control anything at all (who can/can't join, either game rules). Literally anyone can join even people straight outta campaign to c7 matches, because that's how you make progression, right?

Well Gold is an issue for low level i'm sure. as i reached C7 and can farm it almost "afk" with win streal i generally have around 60k to 100k gold each map when i reach 3 win streak, that's pretty fine to my mind.

But i do agree 20k-40k for chaos 1 to 5 is pretty tough since this is the moment you use massive amount to gear up

About Host privileges, since Trendy doesn't wanna answer about implementing it in Public game i generally create my own public game and wait until "leecher" leave and do not build the map when they stay on it

+ i stay near an Edge, cliff, river on map. so if they decide to rally and kick me to get back the Mana to build, since i'm close to the edge, some mana will go out of map so the map will be screwed.

Enjoy !

@wotz_ XIII quote:

Co-Op:

At the moment this game feels like it is mostly solo based (way easier and faster).

They should reduce the boost to enemy level for extra players in the game. The devs will need to spend time playing the game to find out a suitable value of the boost though... so that a game will be slightly easier for 4 players than solo.

@wotz_ XIII quote:

I think Trendy designed such that there is nothing like hosts in this game. But I would like it if there is an option that only allow players with the same tier's gear to join the game.

@Fat Cat Mimi quote:

They should reduce the boost to enemy level for extra players in the game. The devs will need to spend time playing the game to find out a suitable value of the boost though... so that a game will be slightly easier for 4 players than solo.

I think Trendy designed such that there is nothing like hosts in this game. But I would like it if there is an option that only allow players with the same tier's gear to join the game.

They already lower the Scale on Multiplayer, if player could slack less while playing their hero, they woulodn't be any problem playing as 4 players.

It was +35% hp/atk each player, now it +25% hp/atk

They removed the option of "IPWR" since chaos patch, so yeah everyone can join everygame now, so it's screwed up between the lost "noob" player who join anything called "trial" randomly

and pro leeching people trying over and over to gear up in map they will never get any better gear

Nothing wrong with the current difficulty with more players, except the fact that it is not rewarding. I mostly play solo because it makes my life easier when farming stuff. 

This.... SOOOO much.  I understand not only giving legendary chests but please restrict it to mythic and above.   I feel like there's enough RNG on the gear already that this won't make it that much quicker to get the gear you want.  Also, I think the chances of getting a legendary chest should scale with your win streak.  E.g first win: 10% chance, 2nd win: 20% chance... 10th win: 100% chance.

@wotz_ XIII quote:

My other problem with RNG is the victory chest. I bet you know that feeling when you play a game (C7 for example), and you don't get a single mythical, but there is still hope; The Victory Chest. The HUD says: Victory, and you are about to claim your "hardly" earned reward. And guess what? You got a Green Chest (or a Blue) in C7.. Ouch..