Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

[Early Access] Patch 20.2 Notes and Discussion

Server Improvements

• We’ve made multiple improvements to our servers that should help reduce the overall number of disconnects.

Zapper Boss Changes

The goal of the Zapper boss is to disable a large amount of defenses at once; however, its damage was causing defenses to instantly die -- and in some cases, the core, too. With the below changes, the Zapper should be more in line with how we want it to affect the battlefield.

• Damage radically decreased to very, very low values.

• Health slightly decreased.

• Has a very large radius that stuns all Defenses hit for 45s.

• Size slightly reduced, and AI updated to make kamikaze mechanics target more correctly and be less easy to trick into kamikazing into a Hero.

Split Viper Shard

The Split Viper Shard was turning Sand Viper into a bit of a runaway monster. With this change, we wanted to keep the net DPS of hitting 3 targets pretty high, but a slight Defense Power penalty allows us to keep it closer to the intended benefits (it's still really, really good though).

• Split Viper Shard at max level now applies a small Defense Power penalty, ending at -20% at maximum level.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where the Defense Speed stat wasn’t accurately applying unless players unequipped/re-equipped their Shards/Relics. Everyone should see accurate Defense Speed stats now.

• Fixed an issue where the Earthshatter Tower was unable to hit smaller enemies. We gave it some new glasses, and it now hits them properly.

• You can now pick up the golden ingot from the Forest Biome map in all game modes.

• The Mystic has regained the Snake God’s favor. Appeasement buffs are working again.

• Kobold Fliers and EMP Kobold Fliers have death animations once again. Now they should crash into the ground and dissolve out when killed, rather than instantly disappearing. Good for you; bad for them.

• If a player has more than 8 inventory bags, the price of the "max out bags" bundle will no longer appear negative.

• Added some collision to the scroll cauldrons behind the Gran Ma’ster in the tavern.

• PS4/Controller - Fixed an issue where unequipping all shards was not working while using a controller. Players no longer have to go into the upgrade UI to unequip shards individually.

• PS4 - Dark Assassins will no longer become invisible after using their demon kiss ability for the 3rd time.

Known Issues

• There’s an issue with the End-of-Match screen where it sometimes won’t let players Continue. We’re looking into it now and hope to have a fix very soon.

I gobued abit inside, gobu.

@iamisom quote:

Zapper Boss Changes

The goal of the Zapper boss is to disable a large amount of defenses at once; however, its damage was causing defenses to instantly die -- and in some cases, the core, too. With the below changes, the Zapper should be more in line with how we want it to affect the battlefield.

• Damage radically decreased to very, very low values.

• Health slightly decreased.

• Has a very large radius that stuns all Defenses hit for 45s.

• Size slightly reduced, and AI updated to make kamikaze mechanics target more correctly and be less easy to trick into kamikazing into a Hero.

Can we PLEASE! Pretty Pretty PLEASE get the crit bug fixed for EV.  This has been in the last 2 patches now and still sounds like based on patch notes it's not fixed still!

Come on guys this is a huge PITA to constantly have to swap heroes to get her Crit to trigger.....I'll back someone some cookies, or write a love letter, or do whatever I have to do but PLEASE! fix the crit bug!

@The1TruJok3r quote:

Can we PLEASE! Pretty Pretty PLEASE get the crit bug fixed for EV.  This has been in the last 2 patches now and still sounds like based on patch notes it's not fixed still!

Come on guys this is a huge PITA to constantly have to swap heroes to get her Crit to trigger.....I'll back someone some cookies, or write a love letter, or do whatever I have to do but PLEASE! fix the crit bug!

bustedtees.9c286c13-f45d-47ca-8a2f-49d38
Glad to hear Defense rate is working now too, will test momentarily..

@Cruxiable quote:

Is the game back up yet? I'm getting error 5008 whenever I attempt to play

Just started working on PS4, had to force close app and restart.

i like that we  get the patchnotes now before the patch hits.

@iamisom quote:Known Issues
  • There’s an issue with the End-of-Match screen where it sometimes won’t let players Continue. We’re looking into it now and hope to have a fix very soon.

sometimes? ; D

it´s all the time for me in coop.

solo no problemo, but i want to play with my team, and this bug is extremly annoying. all players have to disconnect and reconnect (or alt+f4), meet again in the private tavern and the win streak bonus is -ofc- lost.

@The1TruJok3r quote:

It's not even a PITA let alone a HUGE pita. Place your turrets and swap back and forth. Done. It's annoying sure, but the speed shard issue was much more annoying to deal with.

@B.oNG quote:

i like that we  get the patchnotes now before the patch hits.

@iamisom quote:Known Issues

sometimes? ; D

it´s all the time for me in coop.

solo no problemo, but i want to play with my team, and this bug is extremly annoying. all players have to disconnect and reconnect (or alt+f4), meet again in the private tavern and the win streak bonus is -ofc- lost.

Yeah that is what I've noticed a lot when playing with my friends.  I've never had the issue but one of them *always* has it occur and we'll be on wave 3-4 of the next map before she can get in.  It is a bit of a mess.

@iamisom quote:

Known Issues

YES!  This has been my number one issue for months now.  I know it's not fixed, yet, but to see in writing that you recognize the issue exists eases my mind considerably--THANK YOU!

@The1TruJok3r quote:

Does this only affect the Weapon Manufacturer? If so, it looks like this bug should be fixed in the near future. It's on the list. Is this affecting her other defenses? 

Please try to decrease the size of updates, it is so big to people in slow internet Emoji_TNT.png

Are cores instantly exploding on sewers  in c7 a feature or a bug?

I've had three separate occurrences (Wave 2/5, 3/5, 5/5), of within 20 seconds of a round starting, before any mobs even have a chance to get close to my core, the core just exploding.

I'm imagining this must be one of the kobolts somehow destroying the core as soon as they spawn since I've only ever seen this in c7. Of course whenever I tried to record the issue for reference it never happens.