Sign in to follow this  
ddace

Update 4 - QoL Suggestions

Yea. It should be harder to delete heroes. 

Same with items that you never want deleted. I don't understand why items you take off get put in the same spot as all of the loot you find. It would be nice if things could be differentiated... like a border color on anything with upgrades invested into it. A confirmation would be nice if anything you're selling is partially/fully upgraded. 

Also, some kind of text, background, or border color would be nice for different qualities of items as well (Mythic/Trans/etc). Most games do this nowadays.

For items, they can possibly add a new keybind(assuming a few keys are left) and pressing that key toggles the flag on the item and changes it from being sellable to bank to being not sellable. Obviously pressing these on event items can change the existing flag on some items which prevent them from being sold(mostly the new event items). So I dunno how they will implement this.

Maybe instead of a flag just a favourite "Star" like icon instead of Lock, so any item toggled as a "Star"(or Favorited) it can't be sold regardless of what its sell to bank flag is and whether or not its locked or not.

@Black Mamba quote:

For items, they can possibly add a new keybind(assuming a few keys are left) and pressing that key toggles the flag on the item and changes it from being sellable to bank to being not sellable. Obviously pressing these on event items can change the existing flag on some items which prevent them from being sold(mostly the new event items). So I dunno how they will implement this.

Maybe instead of a flag just a favourite "Star" like icon instead of Lock, so any item toggled as a "Star"(or Favorited) it can't be sold regardless of what its sell to bank flag is and whether or not its locked or not.

This wasn't an issue until the unlock all and sell all buttons were added, locking and unlocking items were meant to be the solution to this issue. It's a real bummer when it happens but there are already systems in place to prevent accidental deletion.

@Double Dark quote:

Yea. It should be harder to delete heroes. 

Same with items that you never want deleted. I don't understand why items you take off get put in the same spot as all of the loot you find. It would be nice if things could be differentiated... like a border color on anything with upgrades invested into it. A confirmation would be nice if anything you're selling is partially/fully upgraded. 

Also, some kind of text, background, or border color would be nice for different qualities of items as well (Mythic/Trans/etc). Most games do this nowadays.

For hero deletion there is also a system in place to prevent someone from deleting a character unintentionally, which is the confirmation box.

I don't think there is enough of an issue with the current systems to warrant altering it. Just be more careful in the future. If you lose a character due to a 3rd party program, that's on you, not the game.

Based on your argument -- car manufacturers can just refuse to add any safety equipment in their cars and say don't drink and drive, don't text and drive, if you avoid those two things, you can avoid most accidents. And when a 3rd party truck-driver collides with you and you bash your head due to the lack of a seat-belt -- they can just say that's on them and you and not the car or the manufacturer.
What's the harm in adding additional safety layers, I don't understand the opposition to this? More safety is supposed to be good or bad?

It's a real bummer when it happens but there are already systems in place to prevent accidental deletion. 

Like which? There's no "selective" unlock or selective lock button in the game, its either all or single one at a time. Neither of which can prevent accidental deletion.
I don't see the issue in adding a lock heroes button which just disables/blacks out the Delete Hero button itself! Seems like a simple enough safety layer, dunno why the opposition. Also its not altering existing system, its just adding another safety layer on it.

except you're forgetting there are standards in place, car manufacturers are required to build seat belts. Just because some idiot might think it's funny to ride on the roof of a car and gets hurt or killed, doesn't mean they should put a seat belt on the roof.

There is a reason why the car manufacturers tell people to get their vehicles services from the dealer, otherwise you get people modifying their vehicles in ways that no longer makes it safe by the standards that allowed it to be on the road in the first place.

Right on the belts it tells you to read the instructions on how to use them, should they make a audio file play each time you open the doors, just because some idiot can't be bothered to read?

But enough with that analogy, regardless if you keep adding more and more safety features to the system, someone will mess it up. With the current system all you need is a bit of common sense, we don't need to stupid proof everything.

Edit: There is a selective lock button, click an item and press L or click the big LOCK ITEM button. Now your item can no longer be sold until you unlock it. We also have folders, move your locked items in there for safe keepings. I don't think more time should be spent on something we already have in place, I would rather see the devs working on something more meaningful. If this was happening more often then I would agree with you, but our forums are not filled with this issue. When it does happen, more often than not it's due to emulators.

we don't need to stupid proof everything.

Who is we? You don't speak for others. Got a certificate for that by any chance?

There is a selective lock button, click an item and press L or click the big LOCK ITEM button.

Read: "Its either all or single one at a time." It doesn't help solve accidental deletion still.

I would rather see the devs working on something more meaningful.

I mean LOL. If you didn't notice it yet, read the title of this thread. They are literally asking for QoL features / suggestions. If having an additional layer of item / hero safety helps people prevent accidental deletion, then it is indeed a QoL feature for them. Besides, how do you come to the conclusion that its not meaningful? Like what even?

regardless if you keep adding more and more safety features to the system, someone will mess it up. 

Well, how will your sell an item which is marked NOT SELL-ABLE even if it is not locked? At that point you'd have to literally favorite it and sell it, which means you did it on purpose. Not accidentally. Realize the difference here.

The car standards are there becasue its what people asked for to improve their own safety, or its what was suggested by concerned authorities/bodies/communities. You really didn't have to write an essay about car safety norms and standards -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automobile_safety#History Read how layer upon layer of safety was and is being added.
Good thing car manufacturers don't take your advice of not putting in more safety measures. LOL.

Right on the belts it tells you to read the instructions on how to use them, should they make a audio file play each time you open the doors, just because some idiot can't be bothered to read?

Do you even own a modern car by any chance? On my Hyundai i20, anytime I start the engine without the seat-belt it starts beeping and doesn't stop until the seat-belt is put on. LITERALLY AN ADDITIONAL LAYER OF SECURITY to annoy you to the point that you make a habit of putting on the seat-belt. Classic stupid-proof solution. The hell you talking about cars not having audio cues and indicators lol!

We as in the community which I consider you and I a part of, they are asking for suggestions here after all. Semantics like this gets us nowhere.

I said "more meaningful" implying I considered it had some level of meaning.

Just like how someone deleted their character, even know a window comes up to be sure, they deleted it. Same situation, someone clicks a button and makes a mistake.

I wasn't talking about wearing a seat belt, I was talking about how to use it and that was just a example. If you really wanted to you can plug the seat belt in and sit in front of it to get around the annoying beep. My entire point is there are safety features already in place, with instructions on how to use them, yet every so often people mess it up either by ignorance or neglect.

My entire point is there are safety features already in place

Only now there are a few becasue those were also "suggested" to be added as an extra layer of safety when dealing with items.
Prior to this update, if you had an item which was unlocked and equipped on your hero and if you sent it back to the item box it would still be unlocked. You could very well miss out on realizing that an item you unequipped didn't have a lock on and little do you know you were are a serious risk of losing it. I've lost multiple items due to this. Despite being rather careful with my stuff sh!t like this happens. 

Same arguments you are making right now that we don't need more safety features, were made back in the Update 3 QoL thread(or some other one) regarding when I suggested auto-locking of items anytime they enter the inventory. Word to word same arguments were being made that CDT can focus on elsewhere, or this is not needed "hurr hurr use common sense durr hurr".
Still they did add a feature that anytime an item that goes from the tavern floor or the hero character to your inventory it gets a lock by default. Did that decrease accidental deletion, most definitely yes.
Can it still happen, of course it can -- they still did miss out on part of the suggestion that anytime an item you put in the shop and remove it should also get an auto-lock.
If you can send locked items to shop, then when you remove them they should get a lock put on them, right now its not the case. Only items you picked up from map drops do no get auto-locks on them so that you are able to quickly sell anything you didn't want and to distinguish them from items received at the end of a map/survival. And in this case becasue you are manually checking each item you would lock them or drop them individually, that's what majority of people do.

And its not even like the lock icon is super indicative or bright to give you a good enough visual cue as to an item has been locked or not.

And as to your earlier point of not seeing many people complaining about this, well they already know that purposefully or accidentally sold items or deleted heroes won't be restored. So no amount of complaining and bickering will help, therefore people just suck it up and move on. Nothing wrong in adding a stupid-proof solution. A hero lock button seems easy enough to implement.

The item favorite/non-sellable thingy maybe complicated and honestly I think if they incorporate the other part of my previous suggestion about auto-locking items removed from shop then that more or less solves majority of accidental deletions currently.

PS: I've already tried putting the seat-belt first then sitting in front of it, it just annoying uncomfortable and irritating. And sitting with the seat-belt normally fastened is good enough. The beep solution works.

I like the idea of adding a type in confirmation box to character deletion, same with a hard locking item option. However, I think automatic item sorting would also solve this. Tagging folders to take in specific items as they're added to your box, with a tag for items sent from heroes.

These kinda changes seem rather low priority to me, as like I said, already have existing systems in place.

An alternative to a confirmation is to make "sell all" UNABLE to sell things partially/max upgraded... including pets that were worn and some EXP on them. This would make it practically risk free to hit the button but more work in some cases. Selling individual items could still have a confirmation on items that are partially/max upgraded. There could also be an option for the maximum item quality that can be sold by Sell All so that you don't accidentally sell Supreme+. That or Supreme+ never gets sold by sell all and must be sold individually. 

I like the Starred items idea from Mambo as well, but there will still be some cases where you looted Supreme+ items in Moonbase and didn't see them. This is partially why I suggested the colored item quality differentiation (text/background/border) in the stash.

@Black Mamba quote:

Reduce intensity of Fire Elemental damage on weapons.
Of all the three elemental type, the visual effects and intensity of Fire elemental is high for some reason. Way too high in fact.
Lightning elemental intensity is prolly the best, very less pronounced if you have low elemental damage and increases mildly with more damage in it. I think.
In addition to this, I'll just club another request here:
Disable Accessory Effects on FPS Camera mode when you press H(or whatever is your key to high the HUD). Currently pressing H one time disables the Pet viewmodel and the Wep viewmodel, but it sadly doesn't disable the Accessory Effect, some effects like the Crystal, and Hearts effect make the screen a bit clogged. So it would be nice to have it disabled when you press H on FPS camera mode. 

AJQatxC.jpg

Pls no I love the way fire looks on weapons

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

You cannot tell me that this does not like straight up awesome.

Looks hideous IMO.
But how about a toggle then. For those who don't want elemental effects they don't have to bear with it and those who want it, like you, can have it!

I'm all for more toggles.

If it's possible to add a removal of that that's toggleable, i'm all for it. Please don't remove the effect altogether.

Speaking of toggles:

Would it be possible to have a character-specific accessory visibility toggle?

IE: I have my menu set to 'show accessories' but I have them hidden on three specific characters.

Some costumes are cool enough to not need accessories at all. But they're not cool enough to not see accessories on any character.

The Auto-lead for character shooting. You know, when your Lupine tries to hit moving mobs, so it just aims too far left/right. Yea, THAT. Get rid of it. It sucks so much. Lupines suffer terribly as they try to hit 1 mob instead of the Players aimed position to hit many. 

@Ser Offline-alot quote:

The Auto-lead for character shooting. You know, when your Lupine tries to hit moving mobs, so it just aims too far left/right. Yea, THAT. Get rid of it. It sucks so much. Lupines suffer terribly as they try to hit 1 mob instead of the Players aimed position to hit many. 

Figuring it's been left in for gamepad players. It wouldn't be bad if it was a toggled option for mouse and keyboard though.

Anytime a player leaves the game(in build phase) or gets disconnected, have them drop whatever current mana they were holding on their character(s).
Sometimes people join the game start opening chests(even when told not to) and then abruptly get disconnected or intentionally leave, thereby taking away all the mana with them. Which sucks becasue then you have to restart the game if they went away with the mana in the very 1st wave, especially on maps like TD, Ember, ToL, Akatiti, etc.

Could there also be a toggle-able no-go zone near the forge?
A lot of people just camp at the forge when told not to, and its very irritating for builders to constantly have to ask for mana, sometimes people go AFK and if you kick them they vanish with the mana, so its not a solution. Maybe there can be a toggle on the host side which when enabled disallows other players near the forge to pick up any dropped mana by the host or other players.
Dunno if this will be technically possible or feasible to implement but anything which makes the life of public builders better will be helpful.

And yes, "hide match" option is there, but the thing about hiding is firstly most of the times once you're done building you just ready up and proceed to the combat phase, its habitual. And by the time you realize to un-hide the match it probably already too late. So its more of a band-aid fix. And secondly if you hide the match while building, then noobs can't learn a thing or two about building in maps. When someone sees another player building a map from scratch they often tend to remember it more than joining a game with pre-built towers and everything good to go.

Palantir Minimap could be reworked.
Here's what I mean:
The aura stacks are pretty much next to each other, however due to the zoomed out nature of the minimap on Palantir, they appear miles apart. This is kind of inconsistent with other maps. Also notice how the 5DU buff beam looks larger in length compared to the aura diameter on the minimap.
QvbxwSa.jpg

Make Guardian Pets show which towers are being boosted during Build Phase. 

(or just boosting pets in general, maybe an 'aura' kind of effect for Fairies, cats and Imps, so you know the distance of the effect)

@Ser Offline-alot quote:

Make Guardian Pets show which towers are being boosted during Build Phase. 

(or just boosting pets in general, maybe an 'aura' kind of effect for Fairies, cats and Imps, so you know the distance of the effect)

Well guardians pets choose the closest towers.

Show Flash Heal percentage on the dummy

unknown.png

So that way players don't have to read my forum post to know the range is 5 to 35%, and players can tell there's no need to put more points in after 2419 ab2