Sign in to follow this  
ddace

Update 4 - QoL Suggestions

@Ser Offline-alot quote:WHAT IF, there was a "Remake Last Build" feature for Survival?

This could work if implemented per session.

Say, the first time you load into tavern, you cannot access a build you made yesterday, but upon failing a survival, the first wave is automatically recreated for you.

I am 100% ok with such an addition.

@Hock3y quote:

Make it so that the apprentice guardian and some other pets don't make a noise every 5 seconds

+1 

This is so annoying

Another Suggestion. In the Hero Edit menu, have "Hide Accesories" apply there as well.

Edit 1: When making a Private match, make it not ask "Are you sure?". most people are playing Privately anyway.

Reduce intensity of Fire Elemental damage on weapons.
Of all the three elemental type, the visual effects and intensity of Fire elemental is high for some reason. Way too high in fact.
Lightning elemental intensity is prolly the best, very less pronounced if you have low elemental damage and increases mildly with more damage in it. I think.
In addition to this, I'll just club another request here:
Disable Accessory Effects on FPS Camera mode when you press H(or whatever is your key to high the HUD). Currently pressing H one time disables the Pet viewmodel and the Wep viewmodel, but it sadly doesn't disable the Accessory Effect, some effects like the Crystal, and Hearts effect make the screen a bit clogged. So it would be nice to have it disabled when you press H on FPS camera mode. 

AJQatxC.jpg

When you press back at the "Play Online" menu, you go STRAIGHT back to the main menu, forcing you to go back through a dozen other menus; 

Menu > Choose Multiplayer Mode > Select Hero > Select[ed] Heroes > Play Online > Are You sure? (This one is the worst). 

the "Slowgre" problem... (Got a rant on the Steam Discussions). For all that don't know what a "Slowgre" is, it is the few Ogres at the end of a round, that spawn 15-23 seconds apart, significantly reducing the wave time, adding minutes and minutes to your total time at the end.

@Ser Offline-alot quote:

the "Slowgre" problem... (Got a rant on the Steam Discussions). For all that don't know what a "Slowgre" is, it is the few Ogres at the end of a round, that spawn 15-23 seconds apart, significantly reducing the wave time, adding minutes and minutes to your total time at the end.

K I N G ' S G A M E

I still have PTSD from that map

Please kill the slowgre

@Pulchritudinous Washboard quote:

Make it so the UI doesn't slide out of view when showing the map, this isn't unnecessary as the map and UI would never overlap. Often I've found myself wanting to see my heath and the map at the same time. 

It overlaps when you have multiple characters in

Well uhm. 1250k is 1250000 and 1250 is 1250... idk what you meant by that.

You can already price folders.

Traps can be moved to "overlap" with crystals.

Suggested lvl is good, idk why it should item quality... like nm can give anything soo. Just no.

@Manicka quote:

Traps can be build near crystal regardless of their size just like auras.

Step 1: Take gear off your trap builder

Step 2: Place trap next to crystal

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit

If you really want to go all in on small traps, you get a set of items with tower HP, cast rate, and movespeed, then swap it out for your normal tower items once you place the traps.

Traps NEED to be able to be build in spawn/near crystals just like Auras.
Even with Tower move, if you have high radius on your traps you can'y get them as close as auras unless the traps were placed with 0 radius, i.e. on naked char, which itself is a tedious task removing stuff equipping stuff, unnecessary waste of time.

Have the ability to lock items similar to how event Items are un-sellable. 

This would make me(and probably others) feel a little safer when swapping gear, and selling all random reward gear.

Few things I would like to see fixed/changed.

Allow the Jester to change selected tower with +/- while using move tower.

Upgrading pets while using exp animation reduced to be more in line with using pro mode.

Upgrading pets while using the shift/ctrl currently doesn't work properly.

Allow the use of shift/ctrl modifiers on wave select and player join level.

Increased travel speed of mana, based on movement speed of the character collection it.

List of things I would like to see added in a future update.

2-4 player mode - Sets the difficulty to 2-4 players (selectable) Allowing players to get the benefits of 2-4 characters. This is possible already by leaving the wave after it starts, only you miss out on end of wave/level rewards. This would greatly reduce the lag from having 4 characters on a level while increasing the difficulty making it a risk/reward situation. Ideally you would receive 2-4x rewards based on the host's character at the end of the wave/level. This difficulty setting would not be changeable after the match has started, unlike adding in more characters.

Item box automatic organization - Tag certain folders to automatically take in certain types of items upon receiving . (i.e. swords, staves, helms, boosts, pets, ect) Possibly even items with specific names.

Accessories changed to include random traits akin to some of the weapons and pets. Such as a speed bonus, DU/MU -1 for x unit, cool down reduction on x ability, mana collection radius, ect.

*Challange Mode* Sets your stats to what would be considered the bare minimum for being able to complete a map, with a slider to reduce your stats down even more (100% being normal challenge mode, 50% being half the stats, 45%, 5%, ect.) I feel this could add some more competition to the game, trying to push down your stats, forcing unique strategies and builds, competing for the best times, scores, and lowest stats on the leaderboards.  Many players already do these "2k stat" builds, I would love to see this taken to the next level and expanded upon.

@Toomuchsugar quote:

*Challange Mode* Sets your stats to what would be considered the bare minimum for being able to complete a map, with a slider to reduce your stats down even more (100% being normal challenge mode, 50% being half the stats, 45%, 5%, ect.) I feel this could add some more competition to the game, trying to push down your stats, forcing unique strategies and builds, competing for the best times, scores, and lowest stats on the leaderboards.  Many players already do these "2k stat" builds, I would love to see this taken to the next level and expanded upon.

I don't understand why you can't just take off your gear until you have 2k stats (or whatever your desired stats are.)

@Pulchritudinous Washboard quote:

It's more about the competition and ease of accessibility, this mechanic of setting stats could also have many other uses if implemented. Events, map makers, game update beta testing to name a few, could all make use of this mechanic. Using the in game leaderboard would also give players something to strive for.

Your argument could be used for any quality of life change, "I don't understand why you don't just click a bunch of times to upgrade your armor" for example.

@Toomuchsugar quote:

I don't understand why you can't just take off your gear until you have 2k stats (or whatever your desired stats are.)

@Toomuchsugar quote:

It's more about the competition and ease of accessibility, this mechanic of setting stats could also have many other uses if implemented. Events, map makers, game update beta testing to name a few, could all make use of this mechanic. Using the in game leaderboard would also give players something to strive for.

Your argument could be used for any quality of life change, "I don't understand why you don't just click a bunch of times to upgrade your armor" for example. 

When DD is mainly about grinding for higher stats I just don't see the need to implement a whole feature around lowering your stats when it's simple enough just to take off some gear to lower them. Also the DD leader boards are a utter joke rife with hackers, pretty much anyone at the top of any leader board is a hacker. I think the idea of the leader boards should be scraped completely. I also think that players have enough to strive for without having anything to do with the leader boards as things like obtaining ones desired stats and the cosmetic looks can be quite challenging/time consuming.

Also your counter argument doesn't make any sense as everyone needs to upgrade armour but not everyone wants to lower their stats for more of a challenge. 

and you won't have to do the challenge, you can worry about playing dress up while the others who enjoy a good challenge play the game mode.

I agree, the leaderboards should be addressed, I think they should be less about score and more about time spent to complete it. Speed has always been a prominent way of measuring skill. Obvious hacked times will stand out like a sore thumb, if there was some way to actually get on the board then maybe people would care more about it. It should be wiped and watched with more scrutiny.

@Pulchritudinous Washboard quote:When DD is mainly about grinding for higher stats I just don't see the need to implement a whole feature around lowering your stats when it's simple enough just to take off some gear to lower them. Also the DD leader boards are a utter joke rife with hackers, pretty much anyone at the top of any leader board is a hacker. I think the idea of the leader boards should be scraped completely. I also think that players have enough to strive for without having anything to do with the leader boards as things like obtaining ones desired stats and the cosmetic looks can be quite challenging/time consuming.

Also your counter argument doesn't make any sense as everyone needs to upgrade armour but not everyone wants to lower their stats for more of a challenge. 

The obvious QOL improvement would be to fix stuck enemies, but I'm a little worried about the side effects that might come from it.

These please. Upgrading pets is such a chore and positioning yourself for moving stacked defenses is so awkward.

@Toomuchsugar quote:

Allow the Jester to change selected tower with +/- while using move tower.

Upgrading pets while using exp animation reduced to be more in line with using pro mode.

Upgrading pets while using the shift/ctrl currently doesn't work properly.

@Manicka quote:

Remove orientation confirmation for minions when summoning. They all have 360° range, make it one click - summon like auras , traps, LTs...

They dont have a true 360°. If you angle them so they face away from a path, the mobs will get quite close before the minions turn around to attack them. having them face down the path, makes them shoot like a normal tower would. Minions have 3 arrows(well archers do anyway) left, right and forward. the targeting system prioritises all targets from Left to Right in a clock wise Direction.

(Tested on various maps, and I'm 99% sure thats how it works)

@Ser Offline-alot quote:

@Manicka quote:

Remove orientation confirmation for minions when summoning. They all have 360° range, make it one click - summon like auras , traps, LTs...

They dont have a true 360°. If you angle them so they face away from a path, the mobs will get quite close before the minions turn around to attack them. having them face down the path, makes them shoot like a normal tower would. Minions have 3 arrows(well archers do anyway) left, right and forward. the targeting system prioritises all targets from Left to Right in a clock wise Direction.

(Tested on various maps, and I'm 99% sure thats how it works)

Archers attack based on distance and a build in priority system. (Ogres > Orcs, ect.) Direction only ever effects the time it takes for the archer to shoot at the first target that comes into range, after that it doesn't matter. After a Archer has fired it keeps it's new orientation, if a target comes from the opposite side of it's current orientation then it will take slightly longer before shooting due to having to turn so maybe this is what you're seeing.

I don't know really know, I haven't given it a full on test yet, just based on some observations. I'm sure one of the CDT will tell us. And I'm sure that will be after the "Things are getting off topic" comment.

Thanks CDT member.