Sign in to follow this  
ddace

Update 4 - QoL Suggestions

This has probably been mentioned but what about giving Jesters the ability to move EV beams? If it can move magical auras I don't see why it can't pick up and move a buff beam.

One more thing, extend the bloody Archer Minion Arrow Range, by atleast 15%. Goblin Copter/Harbinger ranged attacks are a few meters outside the archers arrow range, making the overall wave time, much greater after having to wait for the despawn. 

Edit: I'm just going to add a list of things when ever I encounter them.

Moraggo Overlord camera sitting WAY too high in lower areas.

Moonbase Overlord Camera sitting too low at the northern crystal 

From the Steam forums:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/65800/discussions/0/3277925755451584602/#c1692659135897297589

Add 'x' to swap pets on summoner or swords on Barbarian, so you can more easily compare a pet/sword when equipping.  Would also help with equipping an alternate pet/weapon when your item box is full, or just swapping your pets because you like one better on the left.

I think there should be an option to lock items on a hero. I'm sure most if not all of us at some time have accidentally equipped a piece of trash during combat, which could be especially bad if your item box happens to be full since the previously equipped item will be dropped.

@mayhem_zero quote:

I think there should be an option to lock items on a hero. I'm sure most if not all of us at some time have accidentally equipped a piece of trash during combat, which could be especially bad if your item box happens to be full since the previously equipped item will be dropped.

This i lost my upgrader boots on my jester like that and was never able to replace them... with an equally good piece.

Please this:
G6Ig4op.png

If the button is not possible, a simple pop-up "Yes" or "No" confirmation would also work. Right now if you hit X on the folder = RIP.

@Black Mamba quote:

Please this:
G6Ig4op.png

If the button is not possible, a simple pop-up "Yes" or "No" confirmation would also work. Right now if you hit X on the folder = RIP.

Either that or keep the items, same as when you delete a hero.

Ummm, actually when you delete a folder, it doesn't delete the items! It just throws anything inside that folder back to your root folder of your inventory. While this is not a massive issue as nothing is lost, it is very annoying to have to re-sort and rearrange everything.

For instance let's take this example -- I have a folder structure like this: MyStuff -> Currency -> Diamonds -> Non Cap / 1 Cap / 2 Cap.

Which as its self explanatory from the names -- it holds all my diamonds nicely sorted into appripriate folders. Now if I accidentally delete the "Non Cap" folder, that wouldn't be much of an issue as all the items inside that will be back to the root of the inventory so I can just go ahead and make a new folder and transfer them over. However, if I accidentally delete the Diamonds folder itself, that will delete all the subfolders inside that folder and send all items inside the folder and its subfolder to the root of the inventory. Thereby messing up my already sorted Diamonds. 
That's for 1 folder, I have 197 items in my Main folder which has multiple level subfolders where I've  meticulously sorted and stored items as my per needs. Imagine accidentally clicking on the X while that folder is selected(has happened a few times with me already). 
Hope you get the gist! :-D

So having a lock/unlock-folder button which  also locks/unlocks all subfolders inside it and adding a simple warning/confirmation pop-up would be a perfect QoL feature. Possibly as QoL of a feature as you can get! :-D

@Black Mamba quote:

Ummm, actually when you delete a folder, it doesn't delete the items! It just throws anything inside that folder back to your root folder of your inventory. While this is not a massive issue as nothing is lost, it is very annoying to have to re-sort and rearrange everything.

For instance let's take this example -- I have a folder structure like this: MyStuff -> Currency -> Diamonds -> Non Cap / 1 Cap / 2 Cap.

Which as its self explanatory from the names -- it holds all my diamonds nicely sorted into appripriate folders. Now if I accidentally delete the "Non Cap" folder, that wouldn't be much of an issue as all the items inside that will be back to the root of the inventory so I can just go ahead and make a new folder and transfer them over. However, if I accidentally delete the Diamonds folder itself, that will delete all the subfolders inside that folder and send all items inside the folder and its subfolder to the root of the inventory. Thereby messing up my already sorted Diamonds. 
That's for 1 folder, I have 197 items in my Main folder which has multiple level subfolders where I've  meticulously sorted and stored items as my per needs. Imagine accidentally clicking on the X while that folder is selected(has happened a few times with me already). 
Hope you get the gist! :-D

So having a lock/unlock-folder button which  also locks/unlocks all subfolders inside it and adding a simple warning/confirmation pop-up would be a perfect QoL feature. Possibly as QoL of a feature as you can get! :-D

Got it. I don't think I've ever deleted a folder...

Got it. I don't think I've ever deleted a folder...

Oh yeah, I figured! I'd suggest not deleting any folder anyways, it's a nightmare to rearrange things if the folder(s) gets deleted.

I finally got the keybind for turning off spawn lists to work, which is nice, but it only disables them on the minimap. Can we make it happen outside of the minimap as well?

@Caimen0 quote:

I finally got the keybind for turning off spawn lists to work, which is nice, but it only disables them on the minimap. Can we make it happen outside of the minimap as well?

Gets my vote as I had already suggested this in this thread long back. Dunno why it wasn't implemented in Update 3 despite adding the option to toggle billboard from minimap. There needs to be an option to disable Enemy billboards in-game as well.

https://dungeondefenders.com/1/topic/144839/?scrollTo=1279029&page=1

I know this thread is almost a year old, but with the recent content update done less than a month ago (which shocked me and made me return to DD1 after years of not playing) I wanted to put in a few QoL changes i would like to see implemented.

DDE inspired (not really QoL change, just something I personally like):

- A transmog system. Some of the weapons/amors/accessories do indeed look neat but are unwearable because of bad stat rolling. The transmog/recolor NPC in DDE is really neat and if we can have that in DD1, it would be a lot of fun to accessorize my characters.

QoL changes:

- Please let us DISABLE the mob count spawn list on the map view over all the doors. As much as it is cool to see that, I would like to see a menu option to disable it since it tends to make it hard to see chests/drops/defenses when I'm looking at the map.

- When using "move tower" ability from the jester, allow me to use the same alt+scroll hot key combination that let's me scroll through defenses when doing upgrades so I can pick from a tower stack what I want to move

- Accessories: The stat rolling on them is beyond abismal 99% of the time. Perhaps there is a way to normalize the stat rolls based on difficulty? Doing embermount and getting cursed items with triple diget negatives after getting my hide singed by that blasted tower munching pheonix is disheartening.

- Increase mana limit in the tavern shop: I have some stuff on my tavern floor that I'd like to sell for more than 2billion but aren't worth a coal(10b average). I can not be at my machine all the time to negociate transactions and the few items I could just throw up for a handful of billion without worring about having to be present would be fantastic.

- The alogrithim of stat rolling on gear makes it so I see only one true upgrade every... week or so? I do survival waves 20-35 and that takes around 5-6 hours to finish. 99.9% of the drops are vendored. I walk away with maybe 2 pieces a run that are "ok". I don't know how the code works to stat roll on items, but I don't think it's appropriate, considering the rarity, that ultimate quality armor roll negatives or double/single diget stats. My last survival clear, I had 3? pieces of ultimate armor drop, and they all went to the garbage.

Thank you for the third content update that was done in January 2018. That was quite a holiday suprize and I do hope you guys keep working on this game. Playing again has been much fun and I've been able to pick up where I left off years ago like riding a bike. :) Well sorta, been a bit rusty relearning maps I used to farm like a champ.

@Verrilo quote:

- Increase mana limit in the tavern shop: I have some stuff on my tavern floor that I'd like to sell for more than 2billion but aren't worth a coal(10b average). I can not be at my machine all the time to negociate transactions and the few items I could just throw up for a handful of billion without worring about having to be present would be fantastic.

This has been suggested by plenty of people since over a year or two now. Dunno why its not being implemented. A simple 100B price increase would solve most of the problems faced by people like us who can't be arsed to stay active on the shop 24x7. Having to sell items for mana for significantly cheaper than they should actually cost just sucks. And for certain low level items trading on the forums doesn't result in much given how dead the trading aspect of the game is, currently and it only keeps getting worse. Allowing players to set a price of 100B or heck I would say even 999B would be a much needed change.

Good suggestions otherwise, most of them are already posted in this thread earlier. The ability to scroll between towers while moving and an increase in shop mana price limit has been a hot favourite since long. It just needs to be implemented along with being able to hide the enemy billboard from spawn doors when in the build phase.

Just in case if you aren't aware of this(ignore otherwise) -- they did add "sort of" a QOL feature in this update -- Pressing O on the minimap hides the enemy billboards. While it isn't much, it does help a bit with visibility on the minimap. Pressing P also hides all the defenses from the minimap. Both combined helps out checking for items on the minimap.

The "Inventory Label" on the Hero Info screen doesn't serve much purpose.
I think it should be changed to a "Send All Items to Inventory" button so that pressing it... well... sends all currently equipped items back to the inventory. Often while switching gear or putting gear on and off for certain maps or for building Traps etc. clicking on each individual item and sending it back to inventory is just tedious.
A simple enough button to send all equipped items to inventory would be nice. Also have a "Yes / No" confirmation pop-up on the button so that you don't accidentally click it and unequip all items while in the middle of wave! :-D

ULc9zFY.png

@Black Mamba quote:Just in case if you aren't aware of this(ignore otherwise) -- they did add "sort of" a QOL feature in this update -- Pressing O on the minimap hides the enemy billboards. While it isn't much, it does help a bit with visibility on the minimap. Pressing P also hides all the defenses from the minimap. Both combined helps out checking for items on the minimap.

Oh my goodness THANK YOU. I was not even aware that it existed! Now my map views are leaps and bounds better. TY TY!

People are requesting certain map Accesories to be buffed(well, not roll over into negatives) and no one has suggested(I read through 12 pages in one sitting, maybe they did?) the Party Hats from Tavern Defense to be buffed. I've ran it a few times now, with 4 player splitscreen, and I haven't had a Hat that was better than Godly. The map itself drops Myth and trans gear, and the weapon rewards go up to Ult++(Had some Supreme armour as well), yet it gives you Godly, and rarely, Myth(even rarer for Trans, if its even possible).This is the Anniversary map for DD, and it doesn't even give you a good reward.

@Ser Offline-alot quote:

People are requesting certain map Accesories to be buffed(well, not roll over into negatives) and no one has suggested(I read through 12 pages in one sitting, maybe they did?) the Party Hats from Tavern Defense to be buffed. I've ran it a few times now, with 4 player splitscreen, and I haven't had a Hat that was better than Godly. The map itself drops Myth and trans gear, and the weapon rewards go up to Ult++(Had some Supreme armour as well), yet it gives you Godly, and rarely, Myth(even rarer for Trans, if its even possible).This is the Anniversary map for DD, and it doesn't even give you a good reward.

This idea I like, the hats look rather cool too and if they rolled higher more players would use them.

Another thing that i just thought up. 

You know that feeling, when you are trying to get the perfect survival build, but after 5-10min of building, you lose, then have to do it again but modify an area so it doesnt happen, then you lose another area, well, WHAT IF, there was a "Remake Last Build" feature for Survival? 

Pros

- Not game breaking because it's survival and you have infinite build time and depending on the wave, probably enough mana.

- Saves a lot of players a lot of time.

- Can modify builds without spending hours of restarts.

- Saving players a lot of time...

Cons

- You could just suck it up and make a build, if your build isn't working, get another, or your stats probably arent up to it(Unlikely).

- not even sure its possible(might be quite difficult) with the Dev Kit or whatever you guys are using to update DD.

- Only a good feature for those who don't have a set Survival build.

- Affects mostly Late Game survival, as that's the only difficult part of the game and you probably aren't doing survival at early levels.

- Could ruin the essence of DD. The Rebuilding after a defeat, the inventing and trying new things.

Basically it is only to save time for some players. I don't know, it's just a thought, but my last point is the strongest(maybe its unlocked after a certain wave/completion?).