Sign in to follow this  
ddace

Update 4 - QoL Suggestions

Yesterday I was thinking with a friend and we were talking about how nice it would be to be able to speed up the game as lots of tower defense games.
While in the context of Dungeon Defenders it might seem like kind of cheating, it could be incorporated as just a speed boost for the ennemies increasing the difficulty but speeding up the waves too.
Idk, what do you all think ?

@Akasame quote:

Yesterday I was thinking with a friend and we were talking about how nice it would be to be able to speed up the game as lots of tower defense games.
While in the context of Dungeon Defenders it might seem like kind of cheating, it could be incorporated as just a speed boost for the ennemies increasing the difficulty but speeding up the waves too.
Idk, what do you all think ?

Yes.

Can you guys implement auto loot - at least for the items that are an improvement to the ones you are currently wearing? Many times I lose on items because I do not have enough time to walk around the map picking them up before they despawn.

I feel that there isnt much help for new players in general other than other players (which many players go out of their way to help new players). I missed the previous event because I didnt know how to even do an event. All these things about contacting a event host, downloading a map, ect. It was very confusing to me.  The only way I found out that I needed to contact an event host was through an other player (but it was already too late by then.... the event was already finished).

I think it will be great for new players to have some type of in game guide that help explains what you have to do for upcoming events. It doesnt just have to be about events but also update old players about recent changes to the game. (since I met many who came back to this game recently). In other words, an in game "News alert" .

Maybe when you pause the game there can be an "News alert" tab that players can check out. Any future/past alerts/news about the game can be access through there.

@phukyou2014 quote:

I feel that there isnt much help for new players in general other than other players (which many players go out of their way to help new players). I missed the previous event because I didnt know how to even do an event. All these things about contacting a event host, downloading a map, ect. It was very confusing to me.  The only way I found out that I needed to contact an event host was through an other player (but it was already too late by then.... the event was already finished).

Just FYI, you don't need to contact an event host.  You just need to join the chat room for the PC Community Events Group on Steam.  We use that chat room to keep track of who needs to play the event during the event weekend.

I'd be happy with any changes that helped with our communication on the events, though :)

@Plane quote:

Just FYI, you don't need to contact an event host.  You just need to join the chat room for the PC Community Events Group on Steam.  We use that chat room to keep track of who needs to play the event during the event weekend.

I'd be happy with any changes that helped with our communication on the events, though :)

Yeah, word of mouth isnt really reliable for newer players lol. 

Roger that, I will check out the group chat on steam then. Thanks!

I'd like electric auras to show damage per second when you inspect them, not damage per hit:

VIMZPUQ.png

See how the number on the dummy varies?  That's because it has a four-second sampling window, so sometimes it's hitting 12 times, other times it's hitting 13 times.  But the real DPS isn't varying like that, and it's easy for the game to calculate what it is, so I figure we could just show it under "show details", like in this screen shot.

Because the number on the dummy varies like this, figuring out how to optimize damage:rate is kind of a pain.  Adding the DPS to inspect would make it easier.  (This is what LTs already do, so I basically just changed elec auras to do the same thing on my copy of DDDK.)

@Demarki quote:

Can you guys implement auto loot - at least for the items that are an improvement to the ones you are currently wearing? Many times I lose on items because I do not have enough time to walk around the map picking them up before they despawn.

The "better gear" detection system is god awful. It may have been good early into the game but what is good in the endgame is no where relevant anymore. I have caping ult dps gloves that the game thinks are worse than some trans armor items. 

The idea of the game automatically putting those items into my inventory is even worse.

Can you please add recommended level to the rest of the maps that don't have it(city in the cliffs, taley mining complex etc)? It's a very useful indicator and it's a shame that not all maps have it. 

Is it possible to look into Mistymire Forest drop chance for the dlc weapons? I barely see them drop while doing survival and it's been like that since 2012. Can you guys even up its drop chance to the same as the rest of Eternia Shards maps? If that's not possible nor too late to make changes for it without TE, maybe make use of the weapons rewards from Eternia Shards maps (easy to hard difficulty weapon rewards) in the future plans. It sucks that we don't get to see the light of those weapons in Nightmare and some are even fun to use too.

@berrypower1234 quote:

Is it possible to look into Mistymire Forest drop chance for the dlc weapons? I barely see them drop while doing survival and it's been like that since 2012. Can you guys even up its drop chance to the same as the rest of Eternia Shards maps? If that's not possible nor too late to make changes for it without TE, maybe make use of the weapons rewards from Eternia Shards maps (easy to hard difficulty weapon rewards) in the future plans. It sucks that we don't get to see the light of those weapons in Nightmare and some are even fun to use too.

We fixed this for Update 3, so if Trendy can get a chance to QA the patch and release it then you can farm Misty weapons (:

Also, one of the Mistymire weapons was made into an event item recently:

6KvghI9.png

@mayhem_zero quote:

Defenses built and upgraded in the same build phase should be able to be sold for all the mana including that used to upgrade them.

100% agree with this, never understood why it wouldn't be sold for full cost on the same build phase.

Think this was already mentioned during the Update 3 Beta itself, but I can't figure out a way to play CD if the Portal is "Turned Off".  it would be nice to just play/Launch it from the QFTLES Map Menu itself. Never been a fan of the CD Portal inside the Tavern but I'd love to launch CD without having to enable and disable the CD portal from the settings.

Also adding to what mayhem suggested above about showing MU to all players. 
If you die, you can only see the DU count on the spectate screen and not the MU count. It would be to nice to be able to see MU count there as well.

It would be nice to have a Acc Color changing station in our new tavern, not player custom colors, but some CDT approved colors. I ask because, I've always wanted, but have yet to EVER see... a RED Santa hat (Really?!?!?!), I only ever see fugly colors!

Add a Nightmare+ difficulty for original campaign (Deeper Well to Glitterhelm Caverns). Boost difficulty to Ember levels. Add random rewards upon completion (like most newer maps have).

Also, a little tiny bug fix, Update 3 created a little bug in the player shop while using a controller. I can't move stuff into folders anymore, I press Y on folder which is the "Set Active Folder" button, but Y is also "Set Price" button, so now it wants me to set price for folder. :S

It's not really game breaking, it works fine with mouse and keyboard, but it would be nice to have it corrected for next time.