Sign in to follow this  
ddace

Update 4 - QoL Suggestions

@UncrownedData quote:

100% unrelated side note:  I just now realized the meaning of QoL - before 5 minutes ago, I thought this was the abbreviation of the map planned for update 4.  -.-

Petition to name the next map (is it the Egypt one? Does it already have a name?) something that abbreviates to QoL!

Quest of Lenpw or summat!

Make it so!

@talantmajr quote:

@UncrownedData quote:

100% unrelated side note:  I just now realized the meaning of QoL - before 5 minutes ago, I thought this was the abbreviation of the map planned for update 4.  -.-

Petition to name the next map (is it the Egypt one? Does it already have a name?) something that abbreviates to QoL!

Quest of Lenpw or summat!

Make it so!

It does have a name.

Well it looks like things are getting off track here.  Please keep in mind we are taking in ideas here.  If players want to express their preference for or against a previously mentioned idea, you are welcome to do so but please leave it at that.  This is not intended to be a discussion thread to try and persuade others.  You are welcome to start a separate thread to have such a discussion or PM another player directly about their point of view.

I would ask that all non thread related posts be deleted so that those who come to read this later arent sidetracked from its intended purpose. 

EDIT:  Thank you to those who helped clean up the thread by removing distracting posts.  Much appreciated. 

Make a button that gives me max spawn armor sets to help benefit my totally legit DD business

I'm just a bit late to the party...

Already mentioned items:

• Countess and initiate ability changes
  • Accessory stat leveling

Now for my suggestions:

• Squire's spin sucks. Not only does it only hit once, compared to Hawk hitting twice, (fixed via CSG) but it doesn't scale as well with either stats or hero boost. Furthermore, barbarian's hawk is dropped by 85% in nightmare. Squire's spin is dropped by 87%. You could at least make them even in damage reduction if not buff some ratios.
  • When placing towers, show their targeting cone on the minimap.
  • Item dropping in tavern was supposedly fixed a few patches ago. I would beg to differ. Can we just make it easy on everyone and drop items where the cursor is pointed?
  • The following maps do not show mode modifiers (Hardore shield, Survival text) on the into cinematics: Palantir, Akatiti, Tavern Defense, Embermount.

Also on a matter of personal opinion, two points on Palantir accesories:

1. Why is the set bonus angel wings? Given that the mask/bracers/sheild look like serrated weapons in their own right and the general mythology around angels, the two themes don't go together well

2. The Brooch of Annatar is very out of place in the set. It should be replaced with a crown to go with the mask.

As a Lord of The Rings nerd, I've always wondered what is the connection between the Angel Wings and Annatar(Sauron as Lord of Gifts). It felt quite a lot out of place initially. For me the wings don't fit the Annatar theme, unless you want to try too hard and consider that as Lord of Gifts, Sauron was some kind of an Angel bestowing fortune/gifts/skills upon the Elves of Eregion, mainly the smiths whom he befriended and forged the Rings of Power.

But I doubt changing it now would be feasible as quite a lot of people have built their characters around that "Angle Wings" effect. Might need to have a full discussion thread regarding that. I'd personally 100% support changing it to something more appropriate(can't think of anything right now).

If this isn't enough proof that the countess either needs a damage buff, or a huge calls to arm boost, I don't know what is.

74.5k glad + 37.5k chick

74.5k Glad with 37.5k chicken

107k wrench + 37.5k chick

107k Wrench with 37.5k Chicken

Monk pet only

Chicken only DPS with hero boost

monk combined

Wrench+Chicken with hero boost

Glad+Chicken with Call to Arms

Shout out pjtor for making the pictures

@Black Mamba quote:

As a Lord of The Rings nerd, I've always wondered what is the connection between the Angel Wings and Annatar(Sauron as Lord of Gifts). It felt quite a lot out of place initially. For me the wings don't fit the Annatar theme, unless you want to try too hard and consider that as Lord of Gifts, Sauron was some kind of an Angel bestowing fortune/gifts/skills upon the Elves of Eregion, mainly the smiths whom he befriended and forged the Rings of Power.

But I doubt changing it now would be feasible as quite a lot of people have built their characters around that "Angle Wings" effect. Might need to have a full discussion thread regarding that. I'd personally 100% support changing it to something more appropriate(can't think of anything right now).

I agree also. I love lord of the rings and this always seemed odd.
(by far my favourite fantasy universe)

How about say -- an Eye of Sauron like effect hovering behind the player(like the pet does, but in centre or even top) with a wicked animation. Kind like this -- But the eye faces towards the screen & the pupil moves to the left and right to give a sense that it's your third eye keep a watch for you! I'd love to see this kind of effect instead of the wings, assuming it can avoid any copyrights etc. issues.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

As a Tolkien fan the only justification I can come up with is that Sauron was a Maia, serving Aulë before he was corrupted by Melkor, so in essence Sauron is a fallen angel – Maiar are the angels of Tolkien's legendarium (he explains this in his letters).  That doesn't mean the Maiar looked like Christian angels, but there's definitely a connection to be made there.  (Plus, Tolkien never really described Sauron's appearance, and Sauron was a shape-shifter so he could have had wings if he wanted to.)

Anyway, the angel wings look cool with the Annatar set, so I think we could probably keep it the way it is :)  I will also see how hard it is to put the DPS numbers on top on the dummy.  If I recall correctly, the dummy thing hasn't been done yet because it's not easy to do, but I think we can all agree it would be nice to have.

No matter how changed "Y" always bind 'equip this item'

http://img01.sogoucdn.com/net/a/04/link?appid=100520145&url=http%3A%2F%2Fimg02.sogoucdn.com%2Fapp%2Fa%2F100520146%2F4A0978EB6DE5C14FA71AE4D8F0241C9D

Can I set 'X' 'Y' to upgrade defense and detonate traps?(or upgrade defense and none)

http://img01.sogoucdn.com/net/a/04/link?appid=100520145&url=http%3A%2F%2Fimg03.sogoucdn.com%2Fapp%2Fa%2F100520146%2F46770D82B82FD227260CF378F477233D

Neat, I will make sure to list my ideas here :)

=========

*Quallity of life Changes

1. Allow rotation of the player map; When you hold a certian key the map of the level (or area you are in.) Will show. To some people who view the map they can or may get confused easily the way the map is shown. For example on The Labatory the two areas beneath the main floor I look at and see are normally facing the left and right; on the map they are shown diffrently (up and down), allowing players to change the perspective or position of the map could help a few players out while playing the game without getting confused constantly or making a wrong turn.

2. Allow a "notification" to go through or block "notifications" when battling in game (combat phase.); By notifications I am refering to when a certian defense gets struck down. Normally when a target goes down the player will be notified that the following tower went down. This is something I really like in the game but the problem is when i'm trying to look or figure out a certian defense that went down on the map it can be frustrating trying to backtrack what went down, or even worse if I don't care about the defense why would I want to see it. To make backtracking easier or less of a hassle. Players can chose whether or not they would like to see certian defenses (they will have to enter these manually.) To be shown that they are down.

Example; There are three defenses in the area, a blockade, a proximity trap, and a aura, all summoned by the same player. The player places a "flag" or some type of setting that makes it so the Aura, and proximity (when broken) will not show above as a notification. And the player places another "flag" that sets a defense to show it being broken.

You may be asking why would players want this; good question. Your first question might be; "wouldn't that waste a lot of time" yes it would. The best solution in my opinion is to configure defense "notifications" to show in a few ways.

* 1. Do not show other players notifications - This means notifications that appear from other players towers will not show and items would have to be set in game to show up as a "notification" in order to be shown (in order to be shown by default.)

* 2. Do not show your friends notifications - Same as the 1st option, if this is enabled your friends tower messages won't show. They will have to be enabled in game with a "flag"

* 3. Do not show EVERYONES notifications - Same as the 1st but everyones (and your defenses) will NOT show in the notifications feed. This means if you have this option set you will have to set flags to every defense to show in the notifications freed becuase none will show by default.

* Next on the list :) ; Show a certian defenses health by the side of the screen (can be configured anywhere.)

Along with the idea above, Having this enabled will allow players to see the health of their most important lines of defenses in a tab next to them. Without having to look on the map and make a guess or approximation of their tower(s) main line defenses. Since this is currently not a feature in Dungeon Defenders by default this will be disabled and will have to be enabled in the in game settings. Just like before players will have to "flag" items similar to the idea above, the number of defenses shown may be limited to the size of the players monitor or from the game its self.

* Allow "naming" of defenses; Similar to the flaging idea. I think it would be great to allow renaming of defenses by "flaging" This would make it more easier to see what the purpose of that defense does in that area or makes it easier to notice/see if your just the kind of player who likes to have certain defenses lined up. Of course, players would also be able to see there name of the defense go by in the notifications passing by when a defense dies, and also see it in the progress/health bar of their defenses tab.

* Allow players to see their cordinates; Cordinates in game are what help lead people to an area and show X, Y, and Z values. This has some use for developers testing an area in game or map, but it also helps players to with strategizing. So they can mark cordinates or areas and use it to their advantdge. Once again since this is not something in Dungeon Defenders the option to have it by default will be off and will have to be turned on in the settings.

* Hide the progress bar of "Combat Waves" ; You know that number up there? Yup that one that shows how far your into that wave. I'm sure not everyone likes it, so why not have the option to remove it? Of course this setting will not be enabled by default becuase its a core gameplay feature and already in the game. So players will have to go into the settings and remove it.

* Hide "Number of enemies this wave" during the build phase there is normally a area where it says there will be X number of enemies this wave. Some may like it, some may not. Why not allow and have a setting to get rid of it optionally. This setting will not be enabled by default becuase it is a core gameplay feature like I said last time its becuase this is already in the game.

* During boss waves, and the countdown timer. Have the option available to remove; Have you ever gotten a headache from the numbers going up in your face and trying to focus more on getting defenses ready for the boss? Why not have the countdown timer go towards the timer that ticks during the build phase of the game (that countdown timer in the top left hand corner.) By default this option will not be enabled becuase it is already in the game and its a core mechanic.

* (Cosmetic) Use diffrent Tavern Maps; Have you ever booted into the game and ever said "Well dang it! I don't like this!" Well now you can change your tagern completely. Whether or not you prefer a certian tavern look like the christmas one, halloween, hell one?, or the new one about to be released (tavern expansion.) You can use those and be able to set which one you would like to spawn in every single time you play or finish playing a map. (Note; Becuase some Taverns are going to be missing some core features becuase of the new tavern expansion that is coming soon. Players that change their tavern may have limited features. It should also be noted that anything you put in the tavern (like weapons) May be moved or completely missing from the tavern. At some point when possible it may be possible to not have items change where they are so I guess you can say that never may happen?)

*(Cosmetic) Keep defenses where they are at by default in the Tavern ; This might be possible or not. But i'd love to see this feature in game.

*"Online" trading. ; Have you ever hated it when you have to go to a players tavern every single time by default to buy something? Well now you don't have to with online shopping. This is a feature i'd like to see when connecting to TrendyNet servers and have the option to 1. Quick Game, 2. Search Games, 3. Private Match, and 4. Online Trade. This should serve like a convient tool similar to ebay in a way (without auctions.) So you can search for player shops and buy stuff from them without needing to connect to their Tavern every single time.

* (Cosmetic) When in someone elses Tavern, allow/disallow hearing their music, and seeing their items. ; This is an option that should allow players to hear or not the players music in their Tavern if they are annoyed by it. And have the option to not see any in game dropped items in the tavern so they can navigate through the area. 

* (Cosmetic) Allow players to change the "theme background" of their player on the player select screen; If you don't know what I am talking about I am referring to the background of a player profile; i.e; Squire has one in red, Mage has one in purple, Huntress has a light green one, and Monk has a light-brown kind of color. It would be neat if players could change that color so they can set it to what they prefer.

* (Cosmetic) Allow players to organize where each player icon is. ; (Basically, move and set where everything is like moving files. I don't think this is a feature currently in Dungeon Defenders.)

*(Cosmetic) Player Search ; (If you have a lo of characters in Dungeon Defenders and just want to search the name of the hero or stats. This might be a good tool for that.)

*(Cosmetic) Change the "3D Theme" of Dungeon Defenders, the start up screen area; This might be a good tool for people who would like different 3D Themes when starting the game (Unuo the area where it says Download Content, Local Play, Online Play, Credits, and settings.)

... And thats about all I can think of for Quality of Life changes. Sorry if its a lot but I really like and appreciate this game so much and the love (but god forbid the op DLC.) the game creators and directors put into this game. Dungeon Defenders is a pretty dope game :)

Hi everyone, I have a suggestion about a new difficulty. I know this has been discussed a lot, but I think my approach is a bit different than anything discussed before and a lot of people would like it.

At the moment almost every game is the same, you setup your build upgrade it and wait for the game to end. Maybe a bossfight here and there, and if you want the best gear there is a definitive place to go to (only few maps). On all the maps there is only one threat: ogers. For anything else you setup your aurastack and you are fine. I would like to change that and also have a bit more player interaction.

So my suggestion is a new difficulty where enemies are buffed a lot. I mean so much that every enemytype matters. Goblins should have a high enough healthpool to be able to reach the crystal even if there is an aurastack there. Ogers should be like minibosses as they were in the original campagne. They should spawn a lot less but be so powerfull that the players will have to deal with them. Defenses should however be able to survive some beating from them. Bosses should ofcourse also be scaled up to a level of about the pheonix health. And have reasonable dmg so players don't instantly die but also cannot simply tank the boss without even the need of a Heal- and SD-Aura.

Then there are some other things that would need to be changed to make this idea work. Gas traps should not be allowed, they render any groundenemie completly useless, yes even ogers could just get stuck behind a hoard of goblins and the player just focuses them down before dealing with any other enemy and the only threat left would be flying enemies. I dont think this is good game design and therefore i would disable gastraps on this difficulty. Furthermore I would also disable buffbeams. The reason beeing they simply force the player to make cramped builds to maximize the number of towers buffed by the BB. I think it is more interesting if the players can build more freely and use terrainadvantages without beeing worried about efficient BB placement. Also I would like it if minions could be pushed by sharken that way sharken could also be a threat that players have to deal with.

Now let's talk about rewards. For me the biggest reward would be the challenge and the fun. But also this would give us the change to diversify weapons! I think it would be good if allrewards for this difficulty could be scaled up to the level of other high end weapons. Also it would be great if drops during the normal waves could be around the level of Moonbase Wave 25. You will generally deal with a lot less enemies than on moonbase, but there is still a chance to get that sweet sweet ult item.

For what stats should this be balanced? I would say around a player with 3k in every stat should have a good chance to have a build that can manage the "trash" enemies while still requiring some maintance. So we are defenitly in the end-game range of stats. This difficulty should be a challenge for anyone and on every map the enemies coulb be around the same power level. While some maps will be easier than others remember that still not every map gives a distinct reward. Also there might be some maps that could seem impossible at the beginning, players have something to try there skill at. Maybe there is some kind of build that will just work.

I know this is a lot to be asked from the community dev team and if you say it is impossible/too much to do I can live with that. I tried to think of a way that does not need too much development (no new enemies and such). Basically all that needs to be done is increase healthscaling by a lot. Change spawns to only very few ogers/djinns/sharken. Disable gastrap and buffbeam. The biggest changes I think are the sharken being able to push minions and also of course all the end rewards needing to be scaled up to endgame levels.

Let me know what you guys think about this idea.

So here is a bit of a summery:

New Difficulty with changes that make "trash" be relevant and be dealt with by the build. Big enemies that have to be dealt with by the players (Ogers as minibosses, Sharken and Djinn as fast reaction threats). As a reward you have a challenge and normal drops that have the same potential as higher survival drops and endmap rewards that can compare to current endgame weapons.

@空気Wick ❤ quote:

Please add a 'boarder-less windowed' mode to the video settings <3

That can't be done due to game-engine limitations.
Even the app called Borderless-Gaming can'y help you with that. 
Basically pretty much all games with UnrealEngine3 will have a tough time to get borderless window mode and most will just flat-out not have it.

What about an option to automatically sell low tier gear during a wave. For example if you don't want anything less than transcendent as soon as it drops it will be sold. The option could include settings for all the tiers, Mythical Transcendent, Supreme, ect. This would help prevent there from being to much gear on the map as well as stop massive piles of gear from blocking that one piece of armor you are trying to find.

Ability to make larger (100B) mana tokens

Ability to type mana into trade window

Higher price limit for AFK shops (100B?)

Probably unrealistic but: AFK shops without the game open

Edit:

Push out a linux build

Any chance of a DDDK update? I keep having ideas for new challenges then realising the base maps aren't in the DDDK. eg A treasure hunt challenge based on buccaneer bay.

No word on that. I think it was requested before. But something about how the old DDDK was released on Steam was said to be the issue as to why DDDK isn't being updated anymore on Steam & it would require Trendy Devs to actually update it or something, which they won't coz DD2. skeleton.png