Sign in to follow this  
ddace

Update 4 - QoL Suggestions

@Plane quote:

Add an option to enable PvP in the tavern just for lols ;)

q37fwgH.jpg

I have nothing else to say :)

1st. Disconnect timer: https://dungeondefenders.com/1/topic/144349/idea-connection-loss-timer-instead-of-instant-kick-during-private-game

2nd. Allow me to remove the mob spawns billboard that covers 90% of Moonbase (even sits over armor drops as well!) during survival forcing me to navigate with only the map. https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/817810804108166448/1D90805916F5FDF0E4CD10DF10AD827BE6C1A253/

3rd. A check list of things that should show up on map with colors of your choosing (I have cursed and godly builders and finding armor would be made a lot feasier if I could choosing to exclude mythical only from my drops for map and give them like black as a drop color)

4th. Sensitivity = Number instead of slider. Helps for people playing at above 2k DPI.

Please make Moon pets so they don't require level 100.  They are widely considered useless right now because ToTs are better and easier to get, and the lower gravity isn't useful like a speed boost.  By the time you can farm Moons, you are almost sure to have better stat pets.  If the level requirement were lower, they would make a great stepping stone for people who haven't grinded to 100 yet (or ever) and I bet I would see more of them in use in pubs.

I would suggest requiring level 90 for NM moons, and (not sure about these) 90 83 78 74 for Insane Hard Medium Easy moons.

@Plane quote:

Please make Moon pets so they don't require level 100.  They are widely considered useless right now because ToTs are better and easier to get, and the lower gravity isn't useful like a speed boost.  By the time you can farm Moons, you are almost sure to have better stat pets.  If the level requirement were lower, they would make a great stepping stone for people who haven't grinded to 100 yet (or ever) and I bet I would see more of them in use in pubs.

I would suggest requiring level 90 for NM moons, and (not sure about these) 90 83 78 74 for Insane Hard Medium Easy moons.

Thats a widely spread problem, most of the items are useless at the moment you are able to farm them sadly :/

@Plane quote:

they also roll rather poorly. It's tragic because moons look much nicer than a massive treadmill that blocks the screen. 

Chakratos is right, though. There are a very healthy portion of map rewards from both surv and campaign that require too high level and/or roll basically useless. 

I would like to add to the accessory talk before it gets buried, I would like to support pretty much all of what's been said so far. Especially the idea of doubling accessory rewards from temple of love.

ToL already has double accessory rewards, I think you meant -- GTH2 and CD?
CD certainly needs 2 accessories at least per character. So if someone is feeling adventurous(like me) and they wish to farm Crystal Accs(like me), then they can bring extra chars and at least get extra accs at least there would be a reason to bring extra chars in CD if it drops accs for all chars.

GTH2 is hard as it is, so I'd probably suggest to simply increase the accessory count by 1 in that map without changing any core mechanics like adding a new secret code etc.

If everyone is farming with 4 chars in (3 controller)
Why not giving 4 times the reward per account and don't scale per player? ^^

@Black Mamba quote:

ToL already has double accessory rewards, I think you meant -- GTH2 and CD?
CD certainly needs 2 accessories at least per character. So if someone is feeling adventurous(like me) and they wish to farm Crystal Accs(like me), then they can bring extra chars and at least get extra accs at least there would be a reason to bring extra chars in CD if it drops accs for all chars.

GTH2 is hard as it is, so I'd probably suggest to simply increase the accessory count by 1 in that map without changing any core mechanics like adding a new secret code etc.

I didn't know that. I read Pjtor's comment wrong. Turkey masks are ugly and headdresses are okay, but I can see why others might want double rewards from GHT1/2. I especially support double CD rewards. My vote would be in add a mechanic to CD on each wave, such as touching a special crystal and the each player would receive 2x accs. Weapons should stay 1 per, if you ask me. 

@chakratos quote:

Bad idea.  Then people like Plane would farm with multiple accounts and get 16 rewards . . .

I wouldn't touch weapon numbers on CD. It's the only map in the game atm where cooperative gameplay is encouraged mainly because of the 1 weap / account rule.

Back to the accessories:

The main reason why Santa accs are better than Valentine accs is the ever-cursed rollover. Valentines have higher rolls which means they roll over more often than santas.

Personally I'd be fine with the fact valentines can't have high enough upgrades to cap or qualify for ult if they'd roll over only as often as santas do :) (which is also atrocious but that's how DD works)

Btw I'd like to see some changes in accessory colors. For some reason valentines can't get blue. (not sure about santas but I think it's the same) The white in inventory is very light-blue in-game but there's no true (darker shade) blue. I haven't seen yellow santa hat either.

Also the most common color is the "not yellow but not light-brown" (dunno how to call it) is the most ugliest and unmatchable color. The accessory equivalent of piss-yellow diamonds. Happens to santas and valentines alike. I want that removed.

DooXUN2.png<- Ewww

@Plane quote:

@chakratos quote:

Bad idea.  Then people like Plane would farm with multiple accounts and get 16 rewards . . .

Well..

May be true :D

Another suggestion has come to mind --
Allow players the ability to lock their Hero levels.
-- What I mean by that is, assume, someone have 4 characters made for Myth/Godly builders/DPS. Give them the ability to stop getting XP and lock their hero level to whatever it is currently, for a service fee from the Tavernkeeper of course.
-- I know plenty of people use level 74 chars and actively play with it, and they are constantly getting XP and the "apply upgrade" notification which can be annoying for such people. So having an option/service disable leveling and locking the hero level to its current number.
-- Of course, there has to be another service to re-enable leveling so people can get XP and level up if they wish, for a particular character.

Dunno how hard or tough this will be to implement, but just throwing it out there! :D

Don't savequite so many mana tokens before despawning.  On Moonbase survival (only happens with mix mode off) I end up with literally thousands of mana tokens covering the floor of the entire map at the end of each wave.  I have a fairly decent computer but the mana alone can cause my frame rate to drop, even between waves with only 1 character in.

The entire map is covered with this:
C6CEFD35044E1D8C2755700D04979AB4EC377344

05C3F26AFD22B107989335CB234ECB69FC74DAFE

Having this much mana on the ground makes my GPU work hard enough that the fan gets loud, which doesn't happen much in DD.

Couple of fixes for CD -- don't reduce Lives Count if a player dies or has to do "killme" during build phase on any mode. Its unnecessary and counter-intuitive considering there are so many invisible holes and places people can get stuck in CD that the only option is to do "killme", and with all 4 players in the game if you get stuck you're pretty much stuck there until you reach the next round.

Following is the place I know for sure people can get stuck while jumping around etc:
lav1xAE.jpg

In the above place if you go through the hole where the mouse is pointed, you fall into a "ditch" and get stuck there permanently unless you do "killme" or someone enters the portal for the Gauntlet wave.

@Pjtor quote:

I wouldn't touch weapon numbers on CD. It's the only map in the game atm where cooperative gameplay is encouraged mainly because of the 1 weap / account rule.

Back to the accessories:

The main reason why Santa accs are better than Valentine accs is the ever-cursed rollover. Valentines have higher rolls which means they roll over more often than santas.

Personally I'd be fine with the fact valentines can't have high enough upgrades to cap or qualify for ult if they'd roll over only as often as santas do :) (which is also atrocious but that's how DD works)

Btw I'd like to see some changes in accessory colors. For some reason valentines can't get blue. (not sure about santas but I think it's the same) The white in inventory is very light-blue in-game but there's no true (darker shade) blue. I haven't seen yellow santa hat either.

Also the most common color is the "not yellow but not light-brown" (dunno how to call it) is the most ugliest and unmatchable color. The accessory equivalent of piss-yellow diamonds. Happens to santas and valentines alike. I want that removed.

DooXUN2.png<- Ewww

There is also a rather ugly dull green that santa's can roll with.  Better colors would be very nice.  Especially since there are wrist pieces coming out, a better color range would be nice.

Found out another annoying place you can get stuck in CD and can't get out:
tC6eveZ.jpg

We tried getting me out from there using Portal Guns, but surprisingly Portal guns are disabled in CD for whatever reason. This needs to be fixed though. Its a huge a$$ map and having a portal gun to teleport across the map or get people out from stuck places can come in handy. I see no reason why its should be disabled lol.

Anyways, CD needs a lot of fixing though, as [[157616,users]] and other have already suggested.

Please fix the 'rotate camera' button so that it works while placing towers, like it did before the first CDT update :)

(Yes, I will keep asking for this every update, even if I'm the only player who uses the rotate camera button :)

Stuck mobs can be annoying, especially when on summoner high survival with everything upgraded already. If they don't move/attack for like half a minute it would be nice to have them removed. Might be less demanding having a counter on the last say 100? mobs of a wave checking for this.

Jester tower spawns are set up the way they are partilaly for balance reasons - e.g. deadly strikers spawn less than fire balls because of the bigger DU savings - and because Jester defenses have higher scaling. What I can look at is further reducing the amount of non-tower things (again, can't really be zero for balance reasons) and maybe turning up certain defenses like darkness traps that have very low spawn rates but have become more used in recent years.

@Plane quote:

Don't savequite so many mana tokens before despawning.  On Moonbase survival (only happens with mix mode off) I end up with literally thousands of mana tokens covering the floor of the entire map at the end of each wave.  I have a fairly decent computer but the mana alone can cause my frame rate to drop, even between waves with only 1 character in.

The entire map is covered with this:
C6CEFD35044E1D8C2755700D04979AB4EC377344

05C3F26AFD22B107989335CB234ECB69FC74DAFE

Having this much mana on the ground makes my GPU work hard enough that the fan gets loud, which doesn't happen much in DD.

Agreed. FPS drops massively, sometimes as low as 4-5FPS

BTW, can we get the issue of towers not being de-spawned/sold after a round is completed successfully, fixed?
Minions from what I can re-call get sold properly, but towers just stay in the map even if you beat it.
Please take a look at what is causing this.

@Black Mamba quote:

BTW, can we get the issue of towers not being de-spawned/sold after a round is completed successfully, fixed?
Minions from what I can re-call get sold properly, but towers just stay in the map even if you beat it.
Please take a look at what is causing this.

Towers and minions despawn on my laptop but neither despawn on my PC