Sign in to follow this  
ddace

Update 4 - QoL Suggestions

@Hakon quote:

I don't know if this is the best place to post it since update 4 was already released, neither i know if someone already suggested these things, but i would like to do a few suggestions that would improve the game in my opinion:

It's fine, but you can make a new thread to draw attention to your ideas if you like. 

1 - Allow us to type how much mana exactly we want to drop inside a match so we dont have to lose time pressing LEFT and RIGHT until we get the exact value we want, that's especially useful on survivals.

Sounds pretty useful.

2 - "Over mana" fall to the floor so we dont have a run ruined because a beginner gave you a 500 mana block when you were at like 2000 mana (2000 + 500 = 2020 on you + 480 mana on floor)

This happens to me all the time.  New players are always eager to help by picking up mana and dropping it on you, but it's actually destroying mana so you have to teach them not to do that.  I don't know if this is the right solution or not, but I think you could make a thread about this one to see what the community thinks.

4 - Mana that fall out of the map during build phase should respawn in front of forge (embermount, endless spires, sky city... On survival that's an annoying thing on those maps)

Mana, not items?  People have proposed items being caught and respawned at forge before, but it was rejected at the time.  I know there are several players who would still like that, though. 

5 - Would be really really really nice to have some kind of report of crystal destruction so we can know what crystal was destroyed and what did the last damage to it, even better if it show from what spawn that enemy came from; it's an idea that need some improvement, a bit crude still, but i think that would be an amazing implement to the game.

Yeah, I'd like that.

6 - I think everyone would highly appreciate an option to remove the animation of spawn when swapping characters at forge (that wastes a lot of time which is annoying and sometimes even frustrating, that's even more true on very restrictive maps like the greater turkey hunt and sky o' love)

Herr Jeol had the same suggestion, but I don't think he ever got around to posting it on the forums.  Of course, that animation time is part of the challenge of time-restricted maps and difficulties, so that would make the game a bit easier.  Not sure if that's really desirable.

7 - Visual effects on ogre minions doesn't show clearly, so the player can't see properly if they are being buffed by a buff beam / monk's tower boost, etc. Maybe increasing the size of the visual effects on ogres could fix that.

Yeah, increasing the socket scaling could help.  I'll ping Gigazelle and see what he has to say about it.

8 - I don't want to check the stats of ethereal traps anymore, please make the suffering stop.

Lol

1 - BUG: The Greater Turkey Hunt doesn't show MU count in any place of the HUD, so please add that.

That one's my fault.  It was working when I first put the change in, but I broke it when I fixed something else.  I know about it already since I like that map and play it fairly often, so it's definitely on the list to get fixed.

2 - BUG: The characters shadow doesn't show on floor when using first person view, please add that if possible.

Not sure we can change that, TBH.

For buff beam particle effects, the issue is a combination of socket scaling and the particle effect itself. I'll do some investigating on what we can do about it.

4 - I really meant mana, Plane. Like when you open a chest at a high starting wave on survival and then the mana get all scattered, often some of it falling to lava unless you have an extra character sitting right next to it, but again if you are playing with a beginner he might throw a lot of it away by accident, or a player could troll you by opening a chest, jumping at lava and pressing M before dying. About items: yeah, items ultimate or above could have that aswell, i don't mind tho, but mana can be problematic depending of the build you want to do and what other people do with your chests.

@Hakon quote:

4 - I really meant mana, Plane. Like when you open a chest at a high starting wave on survival and then the mana get all scattered, often some of it falling to lava unless you have an extra character sitting right next to it

Oh, I understand now.  BTW, when I do Ember wave 36, I hit my 'drop mana' key immediately after opening the chest, so none of it ends up falling off the map.

Ah yeah, i try doing that aswell, but im not very good with it and i end throwing all mana from the chest to the floor so i end up needing to go to another chest and try again, and next time i will have the chance of throwing a 500 mana block to lava, so using 2 characters together ends up being the less dangerous to me, but still a mechanic like that that "deletes" mana is still not nice to have

Suggestion:
1) Add dummies with immunities to tavern, so people can test damage output of elemental weapons. If kraken's bug isn't fixed, i also suggest putting a mini-kraken dummy on tavern.

2) "Visual slots". Addicional special slots that doesn't contribute on stats, but allow you to equip accessories which modify the appearance of your character. That way, for example, you can equip cool looking accs without having to worry about a -300 in an important stat for your character.