Sign in to follow this  
ddace

Update 4 - QoL Suggestions

I don't know if you know this but you can pick up items from anywhere on the map with overlord mode now, so it really shouldn't be that hard of a task to find the right drops, I just set the minimum quality to whatever and pick them all up in overlord mode (doesn't take more then 5 seconds), then at the end of the map I look through them like normal. I think it's pretty easy to tell if a piece is going to be usable or not so I don't think any further changes are necessary. If anything I'd like the the rating system to be removed all together. 

@Pulchritudinous Washboard quote:

I don't know if you know this but you can pick up items from anywhere on the map with overlord mode now, so it really shouldn't be that hard of a task to find the right drops, I just set the minimum quality to whatever and pick them all up in overlord mode (doesn't take more then 5 seconds), then at the end of the map I look through them like normal. I think it's pretty easy to tell if a piece is going to be usable or not so I don't think any further changes are necessary. If anything I'd like the the rating system to be removed all together. 

Hey,

I'm an old player, probably like you. If there was an easy way to KNOW an item on the ground is over a certain threshold and worth picking up immediately when it drops? Why wouldn't you want that?

Edit: DD's inventory system is atrocious, filtering through the box is like shoving bamboo shoots under fingernails.

@MadArkael quote:

Hey,

I'm an old player, probably like you. If there was an easy way to KNOW an item on the ground is over a certain threshold and worth picking up immediately when it drops? Why wouldn't you want that?

Because I already know as soon as I look at anything whether it's good for me or not, and what you are suggesting just sounds like more clutter on screen that I don't want. That's not to say I'm fully against the idea, it's just something I wouldn't use and don't think there is a need for it. 

Because I already know as soon as I look at anything whether it's good for me or not, and what you are suggesting just sounds like more clutter on screen that I don't want. That's not to say I'm fully against the idea, it's just something I wouldn't use and don't think there is a need for it. 

Ok. So the pick everything over a certain rarity up and look at it later is the answer. You waste tons of time looking at items just like we do. You do it after the game is the difference.  I'd rather just not pick it up to begin with.

We mentioned such an option should be toggle-able. So even if it was not implemented in such a way where it would be easy to see and caused more clutter, you could hit a corresponding hotkey and it would *poof*. 

Darkened is also suggesting being able to hide items all together. If you could hide all the items on the ground, and only see exactly what you want I don't see how that's a bad thing.

Also imagine starting from scratch again, picking out the good from the bad is always much more difficult in the beginning. I'm at the trans stage currently after doing a 'restart' and even at this stage like for instance on moonbase survival I'd love to be able to see the highest sum tower/fps stat item with upgrades included on the map just show up so I can see and decide if any of my chars can use it, then hit control G again.

I do understand your opinion from an old player perspective. You personally have most if not all of what you need. Try to put yourself in a new players shoes who's trying to get over that wall to start really making progress into nightmare and just wants a super easy way to identify those higher stat items. I just imagine some system where the time spent evaluating items is cut at least in half. The "build" times I've spent in maps sometimes is ridiculous. 

Appreciate you making conversation even if the perspectives are different.

Thought you might enjoy this:CD43BB107DE196DCD43CE3DDB7D925274D30436D

70 Items to pick up. Stash is full in what 5 waves at that rate?

@MadArkael quote:

I see only one item you should be looking at and thats the supreme piece right there. you dont have to funnel through trans gear because its not worth it if you can reach wave 32 on moonbase.

that, and im pretty sure that you had your mage or your boost monk out, and that means around like 70% of all the drops are going to be weapons and i am almost certain that every single weapon there isnt going to be better than a mischief maker like the one youre using.

if you were farming armor, youd farm moonbase. and youd typically only have summoners out so only armor would drop.

if you were farming weapons, youd typically farm the campaign version of any map on nmhc.

but, since youre using a monk and/or an apprentice to farm items on moonbase survival, youre generally going to be getting mythical tiered trans weapons with very poor stats.

you said, and I quote, " If you could hide all the items on the ground, and only see exactly what you want I don't see how that's a bad thing."

well im going to be responding by saying you are seeing the wrong things my fellow dd player

@MadArkael quote:

We mentioned such an option should be toggle-able. So even if it was not implemented in such a way where it would be easy to see and caused more clutter, you could hit a corresponding hotkey and it would *poof*. 

This is why I said I'm not fully against it, just not something I would use.

@MadArkael quote:

Thought you might enjoy this:CD43BB107DE196DCD43CE3DDB7D925274D30436D

If you are at the stage where you are farming moonbase I would suggest picking up sups or higher, unless you are doing some trans hero's only thing.

@bonny quote:

@MadArkael quote:

I see only one item you should be looking at and thats the supreme piece right there. you dont have to funnel through trans gear because its not worth it if you can reach wave 32 on moonbase.

that, and im pretty sure that you had your mage or your boost monk out, and that means around like 70% of all the drops are going to be weapons and i am almost certain that every single weapon there isnt going to be better than a mischief maker like the one youre using.

if you were farming armor, youd farm moonbase. and youd typically only have summoners out so only armor would drop.

if you were farming weapons, youd typically farm the campaign version of any map on nmhc.

but, since youre using a monk and/or an apprentice to farm items on moonbase survival, youre generally going to be getting mythical tiered trans weapons with very poor stats.

you said, and I quote, " If you could hide all the items on the ground, and only see exactly what you want I don't see how that's a bad thing."

well im going to be responding by saying you are seeing the wrong things my fellow dd player

"If I could hide the items on the ground" Meaning with another intuitive toggle-able UI element that shows either the sum of whatever stat you have selected or, is more in depth and is above some sort of pre set filter in the options. Hide all but chain, now only the chain above x stats are showing. That supreme on the ground was a weapon, I was using app, for higher base tower dmg, 2 boost summoners and a boost monk to rip out some quick mana.

Again everyone cant see past their own monitor. I have played this game enough to know how to build and progress. These filters would be incredibly useful to someone who is new. (I would also use the tar out of them)

I totally get people are like "but I dont need it" for me it really boils down to, this is a PC game that the menus are built for a console, you get very limited information displayed very poorly. I just want to go through my stash less. Maybe the answer is a new item box UI. the 12 items a tab (without folders) on a pc game is kinda meh. DefUI anyone? (SkyUI)

Idk if this has been said already, but currently the Challenges list in the Mission Setup screen is very unorganized.

This is how it is currently:

Lab Assault

Temple O' Love

Silent Night

Tower Wars

The Greater Turkey Hunt

Halloween Spooktacular 2

Boss Rush

Volcanic Eruption

Riddle of the Deep

Shipwreck Ruins MonsterFest

Uber Death From Above

Rumble in the Jungle

War of the Djinn

Oasis MonsterFest

Sky O' Love

Assault Challenge Pack: Part 3

Assault Challenge Pack: Part 2

Assault Challenge Pack: Part 1

Etherian Holiday Extravaganza

Portal Defense

Uber Lifestream Hollow MonsterFest

Uber Monster Fest

The Great Turkey Hunt

Warping Core Challenge Pack: Part 1

Warping Core Challenge Pack: Part 2

Warping Core Challenge Pack: Part 3

Warping Core Challenge Pack: Part 4

Frostdale 'Capture The Flag' PvP

Frostdale 'Hold The Flag' PvP

Halloween Spooktacular

Challenge: Monster Fest

Challenge: Treasure Hunt

Challenge: Assault

Challenge: Death From Above

Challenge: Moving Core

Challenge: Chicken

Challenge: Zippy Terror

Challenge: Ogre Crush

Challenge: Wizardry

Challenge: Raining Goblins

Challenge: Warping Core

Challenge: Unlikely Allies

Challenge: No Towers Allowed

Hall of Heroes PvP

Lifestream Hollow PvP

Presidential Battle Royale

Oasis PvP

Karathiki Competitive Tower Defense

Shipwreck Ruins PvP  

Everything just doesn't make much sense at all, like why would the original 13 challenges be reversed and in the middle of the list? It would make a lot more sense for newer players and a lot more convenient for older players if the challenges were organized in a more logical way. I propose this new way of listing the challenges:

Challenge: No Towers Allowed

Challenge: Unlikely Allies

Challenge: Warping Core

Challenge: Raining Goblins

Challenge: Wizardry

Challenge: Ogre Crush

Challenge: Zippy Terror

Challenge: Chicken

Challenge: Moving Core

Challenge: Death From Above

Challenge: Assault

Challenge: Treasure Hunt

Challenge: Monster Fest

Portal Defense

War of the Djinn

Riddle of the Deep

Boss Rush

Rumble in the Jungle

Uber Death From Above

Volcanic Eruption

Lab Assault

Challenge: Pirate Invasion (Explanation Below)

Challenge: Temple of Polybius (Explanation Below)

Sky O' Love

Temple O' Love

Halloween Spooktacular

Halloween Spooktacular 2

The Great Turkey Hunt

The Greater Turkey Hunt

Etherian Holiday Extravaganza

Silent Night

Warping Core Challenge Pack: Part 1

Warping Core Challenge Pack: Part 2

Warping Core Challenge Pack: Part 3

Warping Core Challenge Pack: Part 4

Assault Challenge Pack: Part 1

Assault Challenge Pack: Part 2

Assault Challenge Pack: Part 3

Shipwreck Ruins MonsterFest

Oasis MonsterFest

Uber Monster Fest

Uber Lifestream Hollow MonsterFest

Hall of Heroes PvP

Lifestream Hollow PvP

Oasis PvP

Shipwreck Ruins PvP

Frostdale 'Capture The Flag' PvP

Frostdale 'Hold The Flag' PvP

Presidential Battle Royale 

Tower Wars

Karathiki Competitive Tower Defense

In my opinion, this new list is much easier to understand is more logical in the placement. It starts with the original 13 challenges in order, then moves on to the challenges based on the Lost Eternia Shards maps, then the challenges based on the extra campaign maps. I decided to add Pirate Invasion and Temple of Polybius after the extra campaign map challenges because even though those are based on The Lost Quest maps, they still are challenges, and it would make more sense to have them here. After all of those are the challenges based on holidays, in order of when they are in the year and the chronological order of each one, for example, Silent Night came after Etherian Holiday Extravaganza and is harder, so it would be after that one on the list. After the holiday challenges are the 2 "Challenge Packs", then the Monster Fests, then all of the PvP challenges, including the Battle Royale, then finally the "2 team tower defense" maps. All of this in total makes the challenges list a lot more logical and easier to understand; all of the pvp challenges and monster fests in the same place instead of all over, the campaign challenges in order, the original 13 challenges on the top and not reversed order, the holiday challenges grouped together, in general it just is better than what there is now.

Also I am aware that update 4 has already come out, but this could be added to the next update whenever that happens, or added to a bug fix update.

The current order is reverse chronological, so newest challenges are at the top.  The exception is the PvP maps, which are forced to the bottom of the list. 

All CDT maps were put under Lost Quests to keep them in one place and avoid changing Trendy's map order, although the CDT did make two changes: Moonbase was moved from Challenges to Campaign when survival was added, and Crystalline Dimension was added to the QFTLES Campaign section to go with the "disable CD portal" option.

@Plane quote:

The current order is reverse chronological, so newest challenges are at the top.  The exception is the PvP maps, which are forced to the bottom of the list. 

All CDT maps were put under Lost Quests to keep them in one place and avoid changing Trendy's map order, although the CDT did make two changes: Moonbase was moved from Challenges to Campaign when survival was added, and Crystalline Dimension was added to the QFTLES Campaign section to go with the "disable CD portal" option.

I think that the challenge maps would be better of in Chronological order to help out newer players that don't really know what's going on. I think a subtle solution would be a button to change the order (from the current to a new order) so that it could be by the players preference. That would satisfy most players I'd think. As for the position of the button, It could be where the mix mode option would normally be since (to my knowledge) no challenges have a survival mode. It would be a good use for that space at least within challenges if I'm correct in the fact there are no survivals in challenges. 

As an addition to this, a suggestion would be to update the level recommendations. They are completely missing from a bunch of maps, and when they are there they often do not change over difficulty changes. Those would be lovely. I also think there should be a drop in the level requirement of Dread Dungeon as it seems to be more pointed towards level 20 or 25 players. I was able to beat it with a monk and other helping squire and both were level 7 (at the start of the map).

@censingosprey21 quote:

Please make it so you can move characters around in the character selection screen :3 it would be greatly appreciated

You can already do that.  Press alt

my suggestions v3:

a) is this thread old? update 4 was just released? I think calling them "the phoenix" update and such makes it harder to understand which update is current and whatnot.

b) please allow mana crystals floating around in-waves to pass through walls and objects. started playing recently with my son, and they get stuck in the walls and towers. re-positioning the hero doesn't always work, and it would be a nice QOL thing if they didn't get stuck anyway.

c) how about, instead of items deleting themselves as the floor cap is reached in the middle of a wave, have them get "stowed away" in a chest. at the end of the wave or after the last level, i can open the chest and thumb through pages of it. have the items arranged by quality level, and whatever I don't "move to hero forge" gets sold and split, like normal.

c.1) compact that list so that more items can be viewed per page

d) loot profiles: please allow me to create an "is item an upgrade?" profile for each character. this profile, say on my builder squire, does not "green thumb" items that have stats in fighter stats. I choose which stats are to be evaluated, and the order of their importance for the character.

d.1) holding a modifier key over an item shows a compact list of my characters that I have. this list only shows the names of characters, and only shows them if that item has the "green thumb" seal of approval with their loot profile being evaluated for each character.

e) show all equipped weapons when comparing a weapon.

e.1) do the same for pets.

f) items that fall off the map "like wyverns being shot down on the Kings Game" gets stowed next to the forge, in that thing listed on suggestion c

@Plane quote:

@censingosprey21 quote:

Please make it so you can move characters around in the character selection screen :3 it would be greatly appreciated

You can already do that.  Press alt

I meant with controller :P so that means having an actual button on the character select screen possibly

my suggestions v4:

a) is this thread old? update 4 was just released? I think calling them "the phoenix" update and such makes it harder to understand which update is current and whatnot.

b) please allow mana crystals floating around in-waves to pass through walls and objects. started playing recently with my son, and they get stuck in the walls and towers. re-positioning the hero doesn't always work, and it would be a nice QOL thing if they didn't get stuck anyway.

c) how about, instead of items deleting themselves as the floor cap is reached in the middle of a wave, have them get "stowed away" in a chest. at the end of the wave or after the last level, i can open the chest and thumb through pages of it. have the items arranged by quality level, and whatever I don't "move to hero forge" gets sold and split, like normal.

c.1) compact that list so that more items can be viewed per page

d) loot profiles: please allow me to create an "is item an upgrade?" profile for each character. this profile, say on my builder squire, does not "green thumb" items that have stats in fighter stats. I choose which stats are to be evaluated, and the order of their importance for the character.

d.1) holding a modifier key over an item shows a compact list of my characters that I have. this list only shows the names of characters, and only shows them if that item has the "green thumb" seal of approval with their loot profile being evaluated for each character.

e) show all equipped weapons when comparing a weapon.

e.1) do the same for pets.

f) items that fall off the map "like wyverns being shot down on the Kings Game" gets stowed next to the forge, in that thing listed on suggestion c

g) allow mana to pass through towers, and maybe walls. sometimes they get stuck. no matter where i stand.

h) "bouncer blockades" sometimes don't hit Orcs, even when standing on level ground.

i) add a third decimal place on a towers stats. with all the min-maxxing going on, why not?

j) "attack damage: X per second" doesn't seem to reflect what a tavern dummy reports on easy with no other modifiers. which one am i to believe?

j.1) please add the dps tower stat to bouncer blockades.

Suggestion: Add multiple item selection with summoner in tavern for item movement. 

1OJFcLS.jpg

QoL suggestions,

1. a confirmation window before deleting a folder

2. being able to arrange folders around so it doesn't always have to be from newest folder to older folder

QoL suggestions,

1) A confirmation window before deleting anything over ult

2) A way to disable mischief maker ranged effect

3) A way to disable the way lts shoot is shown to reduce lagg

4) A "lock" to lock a survival to a specific wave ( so you wont need to go back tav )

5) Somebody coming in a lobby at last wave DO appear after end of map ( without rewards / nor access to loot )

6) A way to "unkick" someone from your lobby without needing to do a new one

7) A place to pay 1-5 coals to make an item back to lvl 1 ( the "forge by" wont be changed )

8) Change Palantir accessories quality ( to winter wonderland quality )

9) Change the odds of getting a ult fairy in ToW to be near others ( phenix etc )

10) Change gaz traps to something actually useful

11) Continue the great work, last update was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G

1. You do get a lot of junk items ult or higher, though.  Think about how long it would take after lab to delete all your junk items . . .
2. Make the fire invisible, you mean?  That would be kind of awkward to play.
3. The "dynamic tower lighting" option now applies to LTs, which can help if you have a super ancient video card.  Aside from that, LTs are pretty much just CPU-bound, and I can't really optimize that without nerfing LTs.
4. ???
5. Might be possible, although you can just go back to tavern so I don't think it's a big deal
6. If you want them in your lobby, you probably shouldn't kick them.  I don't think adding an unkick feature is really a good time investment, as it would take a lot of work to create the UI unfortunately.
7. Can't do it, sorry
8. Please respond to this thread https://dungeondefenders.com/1/topic/158172/acessories
9. ???

10. ?????????????????????????????????

1. Maybe you could have a toggle somwhere to say i want to auto-lock "that" rarity

2. A toggle to make the texture of mischief maker invisible so people aren't annnoyed by the blinding of other players

3. Alright :p

4.Im farming moonbase , start at 17, very often, i woudl like to be able to join my lobby, choose moonbase and just launch maps with wave 17 already selected

5. true it isnt a big deal

6.If it take time then dw ^^ i thought it could help for missclick

7. fine ^^

8. Ty :D

9. Are the odds of getting a ult fairy in ToW same than a ult phoenix or a ult monkey ?

10. you know what i mean

@louisfauster quote:

1. Maybe you could have a toggle somwhere to say i want to auto-lock "that" rarity

2. A toggle to make the texture of mischief maker invisible so people aren't annnoyed by the blinding of other players

3. Alright :p

4.Im farming moonbase , start at 17, very often, i woudl like to be able to join my lobby, choose moonbase and just launch maps with wave 17 already selected

5. true it isnt a big deal

6.If it take time then dw ^^ i thought it could help for missclick

7. fine ^^

8. Ty :D

9. Are the odds of getting a ult fairy in ToW same than a ult phoenix or a ult monkey ?

10. you know what i mean

1. Then you would run into the same problem of having to design a new ui

9. They're better

10. No we don't know what you mean, you should always elaborate.

I don't know if this is the best place to post it since update 4 was already released, neither i know if someone already suggested these things, but i would like to do a few suggestions that would improve the game in my opinion:

1 - Allow us to type how much mana exactly we want to drop inside a match so we dont have to lose time pressing LEFT and RIGHT until we get the exact value we want, that's especially useful on survivals.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 - "Over mana" fall to the floor so we dont have a run ruined because a beginner gave you a 500 mana block when you were at like 2000 mana (2000 + 500 = 2020 on you + 480 mana on floor)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3 - In the screen "Quick Match / Custom Match / Private Match", the "Back" buttom should go to character selection instead of going to the first menu in the game. Very often i want to swap my character before entering a match, and the only way to do that is going all the way back to the starting menu so i can go back to character selecion screen, which is a little bit annoying.
4 - Mana that fall out of the map during build phase should respawn in front of forge (embermount, endless spires, sky city... On survival that's an annoying thing on those maps)
5 - Would be really really really nice to have some kind of report of crystal destruction so we can know what crystal was destroyed and what did the last damage to it, even better if it show from what spawn that enemy came from; it's an idea that need some improvement, a bit crude still, but i think that would be an amazing implement to the game.
6 - I think everyone would highly appreciate an option to remove the animation of spawn when swapping characters at forge (that wastes a lot of time which is annoying and sometimes even frustrating, that's even more true on very restrictive maps like the greater turkey hunt and sky o' love)
7 - Visual effects on ogre minions doesn't show clearly, so the player can't see properly if they are being buffed by a buff beam / monk's tower boost, etc. Maybe increasing the size of the visual effects on ogres could fix that.
8 - I don't want to check the stats of ethereal traps anymore, please make the suffering stop.
BUGS:
1 - BUG: The Greater Turkey Hunt doesn't show MU count in any place of the HUD, so please add that.

2 - BUG: The characters shadow doesn't show on floor when using first person view, please add that if possible.