Sign in to follow this  
ddace

Update 4 - QoL Suggestions

@Manicka quote:

Remove cooldown from summoner phase shift ability, or add cooldown to phase shift overlord.

It has an animation. The animation goes for less time than the actual cooldown. If you want to pick up an Ult piece on survival. use phase shift to get over there, un-shift, spam the pick up key, and as soon as you hear the item being picked up, spam overlord. 

The summoner doesn't get damaged in either of these transition periods, giving you a small time frame to pick up the item. It is still best to watch out for Kobolds and DEW's during this.

QoL suggestion:

Or we could just have Item Pick up in Phase Shift. Some of us experience bad internet that "hiccups" and may have lost an Ult++ piece or two in the pastkobold.png. Being able to pick up items during the wave in a less risky way, would be very nice.

@Black Mamba quote:

Could also incorporate Buff Players, Buff & Debuff Enemies, and Heal All percentages for Wheel roll as well! :D More information is always good! :D

nI63c68.png

AafvdQq.png

x0m1GIE.png

NNhW4F0.png

N4OKjuu.png

Tough to get those screen shots since the red text fades out so fast :)

I would like to see a Transparent Loot score\scaling factor to maps to prevent the guessing game of where to farm the best armor.

Even simpler just add a menu or something on the forums from the worst to the best.

Manicka, I swear to each of the gods, If this bloody forum doesn't stop "Quoting" me whenever you comment, I'm going to take suggestions as to the steps I should be taking towards solving the problem.

@Ser Offline-alot quote:

Manicka, I swear to each of the gods, If this bloody forum doesn't stop "Quoting" me whenever you comment, I'm going to take suggestions as to the steps I should be taking towards solving the problem.

It does to me too, seems like it's because I quoted you once so now we are bugged forever.
Besides every time I want to post something I have the quote pre-filled so I have to delete the text field first :/

To remove the annoying quotes before you even post something, check this thread -- https://dungeondefenders.com/1/topic/147057/
(Edit: Should mention that you will have to sign-in again after doing that)

Also take a look at this if you want to edit comments(bit more detailed) -- https://dungeondefenders.com/1/topic/148159/?scrollTo=1298737&page=1

Also how to add images etc. -- https://dungeondefenders.com/1/topic/142624/

@Black Mamba quote:

To remove the annoying quotes before you even post something, check this thread -- https://dungeondefenders.com/1/topic/147057/
(Edit: Should mention that you will have to sign-in again after doing that)

Also take a look at this if you want to edit comments(bit more detailed) -- https://dungeondefenders.com/1/topic/148159/?scrollTo=1298737&page=1

Also how to add images etc. -- https://dungeondefenders.com/1/topic/142624/

Not something the CDT can change. Also the company that was in charge of forum upkeep (Duxter) went under, so no changes can currently be made to the website - Notice that Duxter is still a logo in the page footer, so Trendy haven't replaced them yet.

It's a travesty, really.

@Manicka quote:
@Ser Offline-alot quote:

It does to me too, seems like it's because I quoted you once so now we are bugged forever.
Besides every time I want to post something I have the quote pre-filled so I have to delete the text field first :/

Change the /1/ to /2/ in the URL, which will give the forums the DD2 look. click 'clear field' in the lower left, and you should stop getting notifications for each other.

Add a toggle key (e.g. hold ALT) to disable the set bonus of stats when hovering over an item. As it is now, I can't compare armor without taking off a piece of it. If this functionality already exists please tell me, because comparing items can be quite tedious and error prone since removing a piece of gear means it ends up lost in a stash of junk.

Uncap the distance for arrows from summoners archer minion, so that it doesn't dissapear after centrain distance.

@Black Mamba quote:

Option to manually turn off these hideous "green indicators", please.
l6vKX0o.png

This is ctrl-p for now (configurable of course).  We're running low on keys, but I figured ctrl-p would be okay since p is already a visual toggle, and you probably don't need to toggle green dots very often.  We could fit it in the options menu, but it's kind of full right now . . .

VNXcgdK.png

Make the gap in the Tavern Defense fence bigger.  You can barely fit through

And the windows! Some characters can't even fit through them, those fat lard parents.

I'd like to see the HUD toggle either assigned to a less accident-prone key or made to display a message saying how to turn the HUD back on. New players regularly toggle it off and then can't figure out how they did it without spamming keys or restarting the game, since it also hides the chat.

Sky O' Love is the only map I will never play on Hardcore because I'm terrified that disgustingly long pairing session will end with me falling into some pit that looks exactly like every other piece of solid ground on the entire map. It's basically a Kaizo trap. Please either make them more clear or remove them altogether. I guarantee you that invisible pits are not positively contributing to the map in any way.

The Presidential Royale PvP map must be played a minimum of four times if you want to unlock all the costumes, and it is exceedingly unpleasant. The instant-kill fire walls get more frags in a match than most players. The rest of his hits killing instantly is a tolerable method of preventing players from spawncamping, but at least make it possible to survive the fire.

It'd be nice if the bosses on Lab didn't get stuck on random walls anytime you don't stand in that one corner. Any player making any attempt to beat it without standing in that one spot and cheesing them off the edge are complicated by the EVs getting stuck god-knows where, to the point where players are effectively penalized for leaving spawn to try to fight them. They already take long enough to kill when you can find them.

@Zurkov quote:It'd be nice if the bosses on Lab didn't get stuck on random walls anytime you don't stand in that one corner. Any player making any attempt to beat it without standing in that one spot and cheesing them off the edge are complicated by the EVs getting stuck god-knows where, to the point where players are effectively penalized for leaving spawn to try to fight them. They already take long enough to kill when you can find them.

I want to fix Lab Assault.  It's easy to cheese once you learn how, but it's difficult for people to do non-cheese strats consistently with DPS because of stuck enemies.  Unfortunately, people are so strongly in favor of keeping it broken I have given up on the idea.

@Zurkov quote:The Presidential Royale PvP map must be played a minimum of four times if you want to unlock all the costumes, and it is exceedingly unpleasant.

No one should ever play this map because it permanently unlocks useless items in the item pool which are always worth 1776 mana, so the main effect of clearing the map is that your average mana from clearing a wave goes down, and your chance of getting a nice core drop like an ult++ lupine goes down slightly.  It only takes 10 minutes or so to get both pets from the map, but you're better off trading for them.

I'm also curious if you have any plans to rework Lightning Stance, and maybe the Shock Beam. Right now they're both in a situation where the only things that are liable to survive are immune to the stun.

Plane quote:

No one should ever play this map because it permanently unlocks useless items in the item pool which are always worth 1776 mana, so the main effect of clearing the map is that your average mana from clearing a wave goes down, and your chance of getting a nice core drop like an ult++ lupine goes down slightly.  It only takes 10 minutes or so to get both pets from the map, but you're better off trading for them.

Why not change the item so the mana value fluctuates normally, but it always spawns with some other stat (like elemental damage) at 1776?

Make orange dots slightly oranger.  Right now they are red and red-orange.  Some players still have trouble distinguishing the two.

@Plane quote:

The Romney costume for Squire is one of the few that gives the character a speed boost, along with granting other costumes that you need to unlock if you are a person who wants to unlock everything. Simply avoiding the map outright isn't a great solution.

The GW costume for Apprentice is also one of my personal favorites. Being unable to get it because it permanently lowers mana from survivals is crazy talk.