Sign in to follow this  
ddace

Update 4 - QoL Suggestions

Greetings Defenders,

I know everyone is anxiously awaiting Update 3 to come out.  While we are working toward that we are also looking toward Update 4 and the changes it may bring.  We have seen several posts pop up lately with different suggestions of things to consider.  We would like to consolidate everything into one thread even if you are just linking to the thread you already created.

So please feel free to add your ideas below or comment if you like other players' ideas.

Happy Defending!!

Hi

QoL suggestions only. Not necessarily mine as I am repeating some suggested by others.

1. Make the mini map loot identifying blob flash

2. Remove build time (looking at Summoner) for Survivals

3. Have the option to remove towers and monster (from spawns for next wave) from minimap (again looking at Survival)4.

4. A more even distribution of Jester tower spawns (no harm in asking)

5. Guardians being able to roll to Ult (not so much QoL but a nice idea)

• Fix jester Move Tower ability bug which accidentally sells/destroys the towers while moving them if you get hit by enemies.(Will post a video later in a separate thread on how to re-produce this, happens a lot while moving auras especially when there is a lot of mobs attacking you and you are trying to quickly move the tower/aura).

• Add the ability to automatically turn on/off damage numbers in actual map runs.
    Something like this can be added in options menu; 2 settings(radio buttons):
    -- 1 -- Damage Numbers on/off at all times/places, which is the current setting anyways.
    -- 2 -- Damage numbers on by default in Tavern, but off in maps.

• Allow multiple item selection so that they can be either moved to a folder/shop/or added to trade in one go, think of Summoner's drag select as an example, you drag the mouse and it selects all the items under the "rectangle/square" selection box, and then items can be moved into a folder/added to a trade/moved to shop/sold/dropped/given to hero/whatever. (Suggestion Image -- http://i.imgur.com/hhLcPSO.jpg )

• Add a hotkey similar to the " L " key (currently to to lock/unlock), to add/remove items from trade on the press of the new hotkey.
    IMPLEMENTED IN UPDATE 3. THANKS!

• Change the color of Trading Icon(brown bag) which shows a particular item has been added to trade or not. For a fair amount of items, the current [item in trade window] color makes it hard to figure out which items are added in to the trade window, change to color to something bright like lime-green, etc.
  • Staying on topic of adding stuff to trade window, allow removal of items directly from the trade window itself, if possible.

• Give more zoom-out / zoom-in range for tower placement to all other characters as well, much like Summoner's zoom-in/out. [ In maps like Akatiti, etc. that have a lot of trees and leaf foliage textures, it becomes extremely annoying to figure out where the towers are getting placed, etc. even at the lowest zoom setting ]

• Fix Spiders staying stuck at a their spawn location if they don't have the player in their reachable path. Have them attack towers instead, but make them move for the love of God. Extremely annoying in survivals on big maps.
  • Fix Djinns shooting for the stars(read: abruptly going above on top the map) under certain conditions, happens a lot in Buc Bay, CD, Embermount Survival, etc.

• INCREASE AFK SHOP MAX MANA PRICE LIMIT FOR ITEMS to 100b at least. PLEASE. :-(

• Fix armor rollback from chests in NMHC/MM survival. Cursed items from chests is not funny.

• ALLOW PLAYERS TO PRESS G IN BOSS RUSH... zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
    IMPLEMENTED IN UPDATE 3 IN THE FORM OF A HOST ACTIVATE BEACON. THANKS!

Edit # 1 --

• REMOVE LONG A$$ enemy-type spawn list in front of spawn-doors/points while playing Mix Mode Survival. (Suggestion Images -- http://imgur.com/a/fGljg ).

• Reduce/optimize Reflect Beam border animations, make it somewhat pleasing to the eye, or just remove the unnecessary border animation altogether if game is being played on low-texture settings. (Suggestion Images -- http://imgur.com/a/m0PA5 ).

• Fix Mana/Purity bomb sound, well basically lower down its volume by a significant bit.

Edit # 2 --
    Updated links for Mix Mode enemy list being crazy long and added a "prototype" suggestion for making Reflect beams less painful to look at. Also added a visual explanation for multiple item selection.

Edit # 3 --

• Add a master hotkey -- say, CTRL+G, which when pressed by the host, readies up all the players in that particular round/lobby as well. Its annoying to wait for people to Press G or those who go AFK for a few mins during build phases.

Edit # 4 --

• IMPORTANT -- ALLOW ALL 4 WEAPON TYPES TO BE AWARDED WHILE PLAYING AS JESTER.
    Currently, as many people may know if you play maps like CD, Embermount or any map that has a chance to drop all 4 class weapons, then for Jesters -- you never get APPRENTICE WEAPONS. Which doesn't really make much sense considering Summoners get dropped with all weapon types. 
    IMPLEMENTED IN UPDATE 3. MANY MANY MANY THANKS!

Edit # 5 --

• Drop Coal(for NM) and Small Coal (for other difficulties) and Santa Accs to the Etherian Holiday Extravaganza map completion drop pool, similar to Silent Night / Winter Wonderland. Its a fairly hard(but fun) map on a given difficulty but only drops 1 class specific weapon currently, which also probably doesn't roll over Myth(if playing in NMHC). So have the map drop the Santa Weapons similar to Silent Night / Winter Wonderland.

• Allow Summoners to Equip Animus Pets -- http://i.imgur.com/BhdOzJz.png -- Summoners can't equip any Animus Pet currently, while Jesters can equip any of those. And EV can equip the Huntress/Apprentice animus as it should, and Barb can equip Squire animus as it should, again. So the summoner gets left out! Fix please!

• Had mentioned this in private to Acen(a while back) and to Plane recently -- the hero-damage scaling on Jester is somewhat higher than Apprentice, which makes a pure DPS Apprentice do less damage than a Jester at same stats while using the same weapon. Also due to this the difference between SL Apprentice Skin and Jester is about 4-6% or something, i.e. SL App does a mere 4-6% more damage than the Jester. Don't quote me on the % number, but the difference between Jester and SL App damage at a given hero-damage point using the same weapon is fairly negligible.Since people won't like the idea of nerfing hero-damage scaling on Jester, the best bet is to then make Apprentice hero-damage scaling to that of the Jester so both Apprentice in vanilla skin does the same damage at any given hero-damage stat point as that of the Jester, and SL Skin App will do whatever is its appropriate damage(bonus) than the Jester as it should.
    TL;DR -- At, say 3k Hero-DMG points, the Jester will do more damage than Apprentice on a given weapon. This needs to be fixed for Apprentices using normal skins that don't give any additional damage bonus. 

• Reduce Silent Night Boss Fight waiting time to about 30 seconds from current 60 seconds. Unlike EHE, there is no Santa to defend on this map so it doesn't make sense to wait that long.
    IMPLEMENTED IN UPDATE 3. THANKS!

• Possible re-work on the projectile animations for Rift and Quietus to make them less screen-obstructing and less distracting.

Edit #6 --

• A buff to -- Crystal Shield, Crystal Plume, Crystal Bracer, Crystal Mask, Top Hat, ToL Bow, Pirate Patch, and Palantir Accessories are needed to bring them to WW/Ember levels since these drop only from their specific maps. On paper WW and Ember still have the best possible accs, this sucks becasue the options to use other accs is severely limited if you're stat + looks focused on your character. When ToL Mask and Cufflinks are already supposed to roll like Ember, then why not the Hat & Bow and other stuff? :-/

• If not ToL & Pirate Patch, at the bare-minimum the Crystalline Dimension, Palantir & Halloween Accessories definitely need a stat buff. Also given that CD only drops 1 of them and they roll like crap & they will be removed from Lab which rolls them better than CD does will make their removal rather pointless!

• Please add PIRATE HAT as a reward in Buccaneer Bay Campaign (or even Pirate Invasion) with the ability to roll like WW/Ember stats. If the recent ToW Pet survey is any indication -- people love having themed items that match the lore of a map/challenge. And I doubt anyone in their right mind would disagree that PIRATE HAT doesn't fit in the theme of a PIRATE MAP!
    This needs to be done. Heck, should've been done in Update 3 anyways.

• < more to come >

Some aren't really "textbook QoL" changes, but yeah...

Last update as of -- 7th Sept, 2017.

DD not allowingme to edit my first post, so I will add

ADDED

6. Is it possible to make a tower, when being placed, change colour or something similar to show whether, if placed there, it will be on the BB? Saves placing, checking and oftentimes, replacing the setting so that I can squeeze that 10th tower onto the BB

EDIT of ADDED

or

7. Possibly controvesially, can we make tower stacking available to everyone? It seeems to be somwehat random as to who can and cannot stack towers

I agree with what [[49571,users]] suggested about towers being buffed.
I was looking to make that suggestion as an edit, well basically mine would've been increase/change the color and animation for towers when they are buffed by the buff-beam to make it more visible. But [[49571,users]]'s suggestion is even is better if it shows some sort of notification before even placing down the tower as to whether the tower is being buffed or not.

One thing i have in mind but would be a rather huge thing would be:

Reworking old challenges on NM difficulty to give some usefull items that can compete with endgame stuff.

Or change things a bit up so we would have some reasons to farm other maps (Not saying we need new ones).

A huge endgame breaker that mixes stuff up would be really interesting because now it is:

Moonbase Surv = Armor

Moonbase Camp = Builder weapon that are good enough

And DPS isn't really needed only a Geenie Jester^^

In Vanilla you farmed so many different maps because each had some unique thing in it that was really usefull and they have taken a huge part from it by giving random pet rewards on some maps.

Just something i had in mind and probably not many will like ^^

When upgrading/repairing/selling, you can press -/+ or e or use alt+scrollwheel to pick between overlapping towers.

Please make it possible to do this with Move Tower as well.

Updated links for Mix Mode enemy list being crazy long and added a "prototype" suggestion for making Reflect beams less painful to look at. Also added a visual explanation for multiple item selection.
Please refer to my previous post -- here(click)

Since update 3 is going to be removing map exclusive accessories from lab assault it would be nice to see a buff to the CD, Palantir and Temple O' Love accessories. (Not sure if QoL but thought I might as well say it)

Edit: When upgrading make it auto target reflect walls last or at least make them much lower priority.

@mkjo quote:

7. Possibly controvesially, can we make tower stacking available to everyone? It seeems to be somwehat random as to who can and cannot stack towers

I'm fairly sure there are few restrictions much like Minion Stacking -- available only for hosts, etc. And you can't possibly stack Traps/Auras.
Also, tower stacking has been a long known thing. It initially emerged from some players on the console community demonstrating it, and then people trying it out on PC back in the day to varied success. Since it requires timing, its obviously difficult to execute compared to minion stacking or Jester Presents stacking.
But, I'm not personally fond of tower stacking coz it takes away whatever little challenge the game presents! Its a glitch/exploit; much like Sky City Grill method, Minion Stacking, Genie Proc, but these things have been in game and remained unpatched for so long that they are pretty much considered "features" LOL! So I'm not sure making it readily available would be a good idea.

Also, edited my main post(again) with another suggestion -- allowing Hosts to "Ready up/Press G" for other players.

Making a new comment for this coz kinda IMPORTANT.

-- ALLOW ALL 4 WEAPON TYPES TO BE AWARDED WHILE PLAYING AS JESTER.
Currently, as many people may know if you play maps like CD, Embermount or any map that has a chance to drop all 4 class weapons, but for Jesters -- you never get APPRENTICE WEAPONS dropped as rewards. Which doesn't really make much sense considering Summoners get dropped with all 4 weapon types.

Edited my main post(again!) with this suggestion as well.

@Black Mamba quote:

@mkjo quote:

I'm fairly sure there are few restrictions much like Minion Stacking -- available only for hosts, etc. And you can't possibly stack Traps/Auras.
Also, tower stacking has been a long known thing. It initially emerged from some players on the console community demonstrating it, and then people trying it out on PC back in the day to varied success. Since it requires timing, its obviously difficult to execute compared to minion stacking or Jester Presents stacking.
But, I'm not personally fond of tower stacking coz it takes away whatever little challenge the game presents! Its a glitch/exploit; much like Sky City Grill method, Minion Stacking, Genie Proc, but these things have been in game and remained unpatched for so long that they are pretty much considered "features" LOL! So I'm not sure making it readily available would be a good idea.

Also, edited my main post(again) with another suggestion -- allowing Hosts to "Ready up/Press G" for other players.

To be honest, my suggestion, although this may have been obfuscated a little too well, was was as much about closing the stacking glitch as not. I would be as happy to see it closed although saying so makes me look a grouch (as I cannot tower stack - whether as a host or even using a programmed mouse button).

I am going to throw all of the things I have seen/though of into a post.  I am not going to go through the trouble or trying to remember who came up with what, but if for some reason you see your idea here and want credit, please PM me and I will gladly add it where it is due.  These are just a bunch of ideas here :

1) personalize the color of item quality beams on map overlay, while holding shift.

2) Add more face accessories that are NOT face-covering-masks or facial hair.  i.e., add more things like monocles or possibly a tattoo/face-paint line of accessory.  Something to have on female characters that is not a mustache or beard.  The tattoo/painting idea might even fit in with the egyptian theme of update 4.  Maybe add some goggles, or more eye-wear if it can be tied to the theme.

3) A new costume for Adept, Countess, and Initiate. Most commonly builders, but adept is fun for dps. 3 costumes is rather low compared to how many some others have in their wardrobe. Given how much work I think designing a costume could be, I would be glad to help with concepts and/or playing with some visual design software to make some.  

4) Some sort of new weapon for huntress, ideally a map reward that can spawn with practical stats for either dps or tower, such as the hyper/blaster rifles.  Personally, I would vote to model the look of it after a true Bow and Arrow concept or some other really Low-tech concept.

5) I am going to just +1 two ideas I saw here already in this thread that I think are outstanding - increase the mana cost limit for AFK shops (Mamba's post) and make weapons spawn with equal 33% for all three elemental damage types (Plane's post)

6) Ult guardians (Plane posted the details about this)

7) Keep with the trend and fix the issue for the rest of map rewards that are better on insane than NM.  I know blasters/chicken will be fixed, but it would be nice to see the other items fixed similar to these as well.

8) I am not sure the specifics, nor do I know if it is popular among the community, but I would propose a method of changing the "forged by" field of an item.  Of course, the way to do so should be quite difficult, and possibly even limited to the player who originally forged it.  The reason behind this, is sometimes I forge items with the wrong character on accident.  Not that it really matters in the grand scheme of the game.  The item still serves the same purpose/function.  But I just wanted to propose it anyway.  Maybe the way to do this, is to add something in the tavern, similar to a defender's forge, where you can just reforge items, and maybe it would require large amounts of mana or a coal or something.

9) A big one that was recently posted as well - a connection loss timeout wait.  If your internet goes out for a split second, you currently lose all progress and it really can be annoying in long survivals.  This idea might be impossible to implement without changing something on Trendy's end of the game data, though.

10) remove the auto-level up function.  and/or allow XP to be toggled off at any point.

** More updates to come when I remember what I had previously thought/read.  Thanks to the CDT for listening :)   I am now told Number 3 is impossible at this point in time.  Disregard that idea, please.

@UncrownedData quote:

3) A new costume for Adept, Countess, and Initiate.  Most commonly builders, but adept is fun for dps.  3 costumes is rather low compared to how many some others have in their wardrobe.  Given how much work I think designing a costume could be, I would be glad to help with concepts and/or playing with some visual design software to make some.  

Costumes can't be added, for now. There are technical limitations. That has been explained here by Harry and Gigazelle -- https://dungeondefenders.com/1/topic/142840/update-4-items-egyptian-theme Read from the 3rd post(mine) and the following 2 posts right after that.

@Black Mamba quote:

@UncrownedData quote:

3) A new costume for Adept, Countess, and Initiate.  Most commonly builders, but adept is fun for dps.  3 costumes is rather low compared to how many some others have in their wardrobe.  Given how much work I think designing a costume could be, I would be glad to help with concepts and/or playing with some visual design software to make some.  

Costumes can't be added, for now. There are technical limitations. That has been explained here by Harry and Gigazelle -- https://dungeondefenders.com/1/topic/142840/update-4-items-egyptian-theme Read from the 3rd post(mine) and the following 2 posts right after that.

bummer! well, I will just keep my fingers crossed for sometime in the far future.  Thanks for this info Mamba!  I won't bother with this any further then

CD bugs - If you use Move Tower on auras on CD, it destroys them instead of moving them.  Would be nice to fix other CD bugs including this, problems spawning in, spawning in dead when you move through portals, and falling through the floor on the boss.

GTH2 accs - please make it so you can get 2 accs per player, like on ToL.  This map is very hard and not especially fast, and the main reason is to run it for accs, but right now the farming desirability of this map is very low.  Most of the old-school players don't care since they're getting all their accs before the lab nerf, but newer players need a map where they can get nice shields, and this is it.

Tower/minion stacking - I don't know how many people want to see these fixed, but I currently know of 4 ways to stack towers and 3 ways to stack (non-spider) minions, which means there are at least 6 stacking bugs in the game (one of them works for both), and it would take some doing to fix them.  I would support fixing all of them if the rest of the community agrees :)

The CD Jester Tower Move bug is also present on other maps as well! :D It applies to traps too lol if you try to move them but get hit it may abruptly sell the tower.

Also GTH2, ToL Palantir and CD accs need to be on the WW/Ember stat levels.

When hosting afk shops I sometimes wonder what will fly away and which things might sit around for ages. Some afk shop log would be nice. Could also help when buying without being 100% sure and getting an IC afterwards making a report easier.

This kind of format I'd imagine:

Time/categorie/quality/price/placed in afk shop/(bought by? not sure if this is a good idea)

13.21/armor/supreme/1Bil//4 days 2 hours ago/(Timmie)/

@Black Mamba quote:

Also GTH2, ToL Palantir and CD accs need to be on the WW/Ember stat levels.

Although I would be happy to support the change (as Ember has trolled me so very hard since its release - I am yet to get one useable drop from that map), none of those other maps are as hard as Ember.

Perhaps CD might qualify due to the insta kill boss moves AND that you can only have one hero (per account) qualify for the reward.

To be clear, I am not arguing against the change but only for selfish reasons.

EDIT: Although an unqualified stat whore I am a BIG fan of the visual effect of the accessory sets and would love a reason to farm them more

I definitely support some accessories getting buffed no doubt, valentines one having high enough levels to actually be able to roll ultimate is something I suggested awhile back should be a thing. Kind of sucks of all the high stat accessories in the game they're the only ones that cannot roll ultimate purely based on max level spawn. Valentines really only needs a level buff cause i'm pretty sure they can roll over 300 in hero stats already can't they?

But I also agree on CD it's one per account and not one of the easiest maps either, though ember always takes the cake.. them ogres while fighting the boss is a nightmare. But ember accessories also have the highest stat potential as well for none ultimate currently to support the difficulty.

I do also support turkey accessories getting a hero stat buff. There's literally no reason except for fun or the achievement to run that map on Nightmare Hardcore. And If someone really wants the accessories for looks but not the stats. you can get them off akatiki unless they're getting pulled from there too?

Can't speak for Palantir, ran the map like once or twice don't remember being all that hard honestly. I had far more trouble on all the other maps compared to it.

Accessory normalization

Stat spawns

Right now we have 3 maps with a chance to drop top quality accs, namely ww / GTH / ember (even tho ember spawns are horrible atm)

These can reach supreme cap and also roll ult.

Valentines can't reach sup cap. They are somewhat balanced in a sense they can have higher stat spawns than santas but lower upgrades. From what I've seen patches seem to have the same spawn mechanism.

Stat spawns are horrendous for all.

Someone on CDT please correct me if I'm wrong but I distinctly recall something about their stats having 50% of rolling negative by default. On top of this we get negs from the (would've been) positive stats which rolled over. In the end the average valentine acc tends to have more negative values than positive.

Santa/GTH accs tend to get better than valentines/patches because they roll over less frequent and the higher number of upgrades can compensate for lower base stats.

I did more temple runs than most ppl and got a total of 2 top quality (450+ dmg with 200+ sides) valentines. That's way less than 1% of total drops.

Main suggestion is to do something about this :)

Next thing is the maps which drop accessories

- GTH should have some hidden switches similar to temple which doubles acc drops. Maybe to do something with the stone heads (those can be interacted with on Rumble in the jungle)

- I know Palantir / Halloween2 gets boosted to lab level but I'd give them same acc rolls as "high-end" maps.

As of right now everyone is running around with beards and santa hats, couple embers/turkeys. There is no variety. We can't make a char which looks cool (whatever this means is a personal choice :) without sacrificing stats.

For example there is no choice for facewear, if you want top quality you have a beard or a turkey mask (from lab) and there are a few ember masks. (I know we get a new mask for Temple but considering the rate of usable valentines that wont make any difference)

If palantir / spook2 gets buffed to lab lvl in patch3 we'll have 2 maps dropping unique accessories which have no use at endgame because of being inferior compared to high-end accs.

Soo... Buff them. Palantir is obsolete by all means even tho it's a fun and nicely looking map and there's no reason to run Halloween2 after unlocking all skins.

Game balance-wise I don't think it'd be a problem, even tho they are easier to run the 1 acc/char would be still the only usable thing they drop. All the other maps have some extra reward: additional loot(ember), double acc drop (temple), coal (ww), mana (invasion)

- Add CD to the above for the same reasons. (forgot to include this earlier)

Edit: heh Lightning ninja-d me while I was writing my essay.

@Plane quote:

CD bugs - If you use Move Tower on auras on CD, it destroys them instead of moving them.  Would be nice to fix other CD bugs including this, problems spawning in, spawning in dead when you move through portals, and falling through the floor on the boss.

Fix the holes on phase 2-3 so we can't get permanently stuck then rocketed to oblivion because of a lag spike / missed jump.

Pretty sure it's 50/50 for the high end accessories on nightmare hardcore pjtor, I distinctly remember acen mentioning it once before in steam chat when we were talking about accessories. That's why good 4 stat high end accessories are so rare. bracers were only ever easy to get cause of the sheer volume of them in lab, and all of them except anatars had the same exact stats. anatars had more levels on them but equal hero stat spawns. Until ember came out. And soon WW and TOL as well.

Reading all the responses its pretty clear a lot of people are in favour of stat buff to ToL, CD and GTH2 accs to bring them to WW/Ember levels. I mentioned this when a few months backs I made the thread about removing unique accs from Lab, and then in the following official confirmation thread about the accessory drop update.

Here is what I propose, considering some maps for unique accessories are fairly easy:

-- ToL, GTH2, CD, Pirate Invasion Accs get buffed to WW/Ember stat levels.
And neither of these are "cake-walk" type challenges.

-- Palantir is a fairly easy map. I suggest buff Palantir drops higher than Lab levels but lower than GTH2/ToL/CD/PI after the latter 4 have been buffed.

-- HS2 is a fun map, but is somewhat harder than people would imagine. I'd say keep HS2 and Palantir stat levels at same. That way we still have tiered stat level structure rather than all maps having a flat stat level. The current ToL stat level can be used for these two, and the other higher end maps can be buffed to WW/Ember level.