Anyone else having problems with split screen? The game will crash out when trying to click next to go to the next map. Sometimes it will take a few mins and give an option for menu or hub, but sometimes it crashes so hard I have to restart the ps4.

It sometimes crashes when we open split screen, that is always a system reset crash. It don't do the crash always, but always when moving from map to map.

Edit - I have noticed that we are getting the dryad screen almost every loading screen going out of maps. Dunno if that screen is still a problem or not. We just are getting it every time now. 

Anyone else having this problem?  I am starting to think my download may be messed up somehow. 

We have never successfully been able to continue to the next map since the new update playing split screen. Agree with everything you said. Always dryad screen, sometimes can go to hub, most of the time have to restart game/system. Not just you def a ps4 multiplayer huge bug. Very frustrating.

Thanks for the info, luckily it seems it's affecting the pc players too so that should speed a fix up by a ton. Whatever is causing it it's hitting everyone. 

@Ensane quote:

Thanks for the info, luckily it seems it's affecting the pc players too so that should speed a fix up by a ton. Whatever is causing it it's hitting everyone. 

Best idea is to have your coop partner drop from the game so you can continue (and keep win bonus). It seems to work properly in single player. Even if you forget and have gone to the end of match screen, have your partner disconnect there PS4 remote and the single player options will pop up once they're disco'd. It's a bit of a pain but I haven't had a crash or hang up since I started doing that. Thanks to [[167854,users]] for the info!

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@Ensane quote:

Thanks for letting us know, makes me feel a lot better knowing it’s not just us console players having the problem. 👍🏻

• 3 weeks later...

My gf and I ran into this bug and the game kept crashing when she attempted to split screen into the 5th level, "The Throne Room" map.

The solution: Make sure you progress all the conversation with the Knight Commander with BOTH PLAYERS in the split screen. Apparently there was a quest completion that I turned in, and she never ended up speaking to the NPC characters in the Private Tavern. Once she did, we were able to load into "The Throne Room" without a problem.

This is a game-breaking bug for split screen players and very obscure to figure out. If two players beat a level together, the level should be considered complete for both characters without having to speak to an NPC character. Either that, or have a huge indicator that both players must perform a required action.