Sign in to follow this  
Brian15brito@gmail.com

Please tell me everything will be alright.

I just had a quick trip down to memory lane. Im looking back at how good the dd1 days were. The incursions was fun and rewarding, the gameplay was fun and rewarding, the story, the music and the bosses! Everything was so right in dd1. Just the nostalgic feels of farming glitterhelm or running around with my dps monk (wich was my favorite class back then). Feeling really strong but still have the chance of dying or loosing. Farming for cool looking weapons like the blasticus or ogers party toy. I miss those days man.

But now that I come back to dd2 things just changed. I know that this isn't the good ol dd1 but it still feels like a tremendous step back from where they were. I understand that this is a alpha base game but its been years! And now they are thinking of releasing the game before even fixing and polishing how it is!? That sinks fear in my heart. If I invite my friends to dd2 I feel like they would hate it and get a negative impression switching over to there own games. I really don't want that to happen but its the truth.

At least back then we had all of the modes working (to some degree). Onslaught, nightmare, incrusions. But now all of that is restricted or taken away. There's not even a reason to go back to the old maps and play! I really missed that time when they released Betsy or the harbinger and it was so hype because of the drops you can get at this map only. I love the way how they advertised it showing the next big arc at what's to come. What happen to that? 

I miss the sense of grinding a spot for a weapon that can change my character build. Now that we are shying away from weapons and moving to shards for builds weapons now feel boring and not special. Harbinger weapons had harbinger passives, while Betsy weapons had Betsy passives. But now we can rip em out and switch em to other class and it all just feel like meh.

All I'm saying before I finish this post is that I still feel like this game needs to be worked on a little more before releasing to the public. The devs needs to listen to hardcore player base that played this game and still gives it the attention it desperately needs. I personally feel a disconnect with Trendy at how they present there game. I think they all need to look back on dd1 (a long brainstorm/discussion with there team) and focus on making the audience and fans happy. I cannot fathom the thought of trendy closing down on dd2 after being this long in the game.

I personally like being able to mix and match what used to be "special" passives. It makes some very fun(ny) interactions.

Game is good. We only see what is implemented. More things is about to come. Sooner or later. But it is there. Waiting to shine its greatness Emoji_Ogre.png