We need chaos VIII and IX

We need proper balance to the game instead of letting ascension run it to the ground.

no more chaos tiers and more gameplay variety . That's what we need. These steamrollable shenanigans of Tiers are an atrocity by now 

Here is people beating c7 and i am struggling to do C5 lol. What is the best walls now since my walls are getting smashed to bits on wave 1 C5, so can't progress to C6/C7

Best wall is Great Wall of China..... try that! skeleton.png

@Araytha quote:

Here is people beating c7 and i am struggling to do C5 lol. What is the best walls now since my walls are getting smashed to bits on wave 1 C5, so can't progress to C6/C7

@Araytha quote:

Haven't tried after yet another ruinous patch, but I was using Mystic Walls before.

And it will depend on your ascension level, as apparently, gets more and more important instead of Gear or actual tower placement.

Good wall?

colobro.jpg

Colo Bro is always the best, gobu. He is so strong and mighty!

Emoji_Kobalt.pngEmoji_Huntress.pngEmoji_Goblin.png~(The legion wants him too!)

Also this screen hits the player like "whaaaamh" into the face :D its funny. I actually got scared the first time it happened.

waaaaam.jpg

Everyone wanted to disagree and argue with me when I said this was going to happen before it happened.

The game should not be balanced for player with high ascension, they said.

Ascension is not that big of an upgrade, they said.

Ascension is going to matter less, they said.

Well, it wasn't balanced for players with high ascension, and people are already clearing the highest difficulty hours after the patch was released. It's super easy for some people and still super hard for people without the ascension levels. I warned everyone but nobody listens.

@dreamanime quote:

Good wall?

colobro.jpg

Also this screen hits the player like "whaaaamh" into the face :D its funny. I actually got scared the first time it happened.

waaaaam.jpg

I was scary first time when i saw this screen too, gobu.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

Everyone wanted to disagree and argue with me when I said this was going to happen before it happened.

Well, it wasn't balanced for players with high ascension, and people are already clearing the highest difficulty hours after the patch was released. It's super easy for some people and still super hard for people without the ascension levels. I warned everyone but nobody listens.

Playing the devil's advocate here, I think it was a very small minority that disagreed with you actually. 

I still loathe the Ascension as it is right now. I admit it has potential to be a great system, but the way it was implemented was a recipe for disaster. 

I'm at lvl98 right now and FINALLY being able to bit C5 ( even if I got some help near the end of being able to solo it ). 

But I see more and more people with high ascension crapping on lower ascension people stating they need to L2P or take a break. This is massive pit in the player base right now and allowing some to post stuff like this while other's, regardless of how much they try and slowly progress, fail miserably over and over.

Cause your mic was not turned on.... I guess...::::....apprentice_small.png

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

@dreamanime quote:

Good wall?

colobro.jpg

waaaaam.jpg

OMG, I got Win Bonus Shard once playing C5 and I felt Legendary!!! Now I feel Pleb-lendary spider.png

they should've made it more like DD1. Map specific weapon with certain visual effects, and adding more map. Even if a direct map translation from DD1 with improved graphics will do. I also loved that dd1 quest chain for killing the Old one. And make it like every single time  you wanna enter the end game map, you have to beat the prequest again.

Instead of chasing ascension. wait for new update. beat it within 2 days and chasing ascension again.

@Elyssae quote:

@Araytha quote:

Haven't tried after yet another ruinous patch, but I was using Mystic Walls before.

And it will depend on your ascension level, as apparently, gets more and more important instead of Gear or actual tower placement.

thats totally false, I saw ppl with 300 ascension make bad builds and fail and i saw once a guy with a very original build that was lvl 40 or 45 and succeed in c5

placement is the only thing that matter, and obviously having the 3 4 op shards and heroes

most high level ascension you see have easy time is cause they... played a lot, they experimented and failed, and their placement in general is better

in every game who plays 1000 hours is better than who plays 100

Ascension is the only way to differentiate tower strength now. In the past those who farmed the most got the highest stat gear with the random ipwr between 716 and 750, now everyone gets exactly the same stat relics after a set amount of hours. Any additional hours spent playing the game will not making you stronger... without Ascension.

I think balancing tiers around people with 600+ Ascension will make the game impossible for those unwilling to sit in C3 for weeks on end AFK farming Ascension. I think its just tough luck for us with high Ascension until Onslaught/survival comes out.

@whaaaah quote:

Beat it with 1 c6 totem & 1 c6 relic, are you kidding me?

37FD2757A827CB7D85E223A1EA9CA14B5CDA1D73

i have no idea how ur doing this iam ascension  250 and cant pass c6 with max c5 gear 

@Zimmermann quote:

Ascension is the only way to differentiate tower strength now. In the past those who farmed the most got the highest stat gear with the random ipwr between 716 and 750, now everyone gets exactly the same stat relics after a set amount of hours. Any additional hours spent playing the game will not making you stronger... without Ascension.

I think balancing tiers around people with 600+ Ascension will make the game impossible for those unwilling to sit in C3 for weeks on end AFK farming Ascension. I think its just tough luck for us with high Ascension until Onslaught/survival comes out.

Tbh i farmed c5 for long and I got like 3 relic top, I still dont have a totem with HP and speed 60 leg

game is still enough random unless you really farm 10h/day

normal players arent maxed out

@mmm quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

Tbh i farmed c5 for long and I got like 3 relic top, I still dont have a totem with HP and speed 60 leg

game is still enough random unless you really farm 10h/day

normal players arent maxed out

normal players are indeed no where near maxed out , how many count of as normal i guess maybe the majority which most do not exists on the forum thus do not voice  

@mmm quote:

@Elyssae quote:

@Araytha quote:

thats totally false, I saw ppl with 300 ascension make bad builds and fail and i saw once a guy with a very original build that was lvl 40 or 45 and succeed in c5

placement is the only thing that matter, and obviously having the 3 4 op shards and heroes

most high level ascension you see have easy time is cause they... played a lot, they experimented and failed, and their placement in general is better

in every game who plays 1000 hours is better than who plays 100

This is the order of importance in DD2

Stats > placement > ascension.

Best placement in the world wont work without stats. However best stats will work with fairly bad placement.

It really is a shame (for dd2) that tower selection isn't making it into the tiers of importance for anyone 

Can beat the content with flame auras with enough stats so long as you're not a monkey and can "place them" lmao

Am I a minority in wanting a this to be a TD game that incentivizes players to focus on strategy type things (which towers to use X which tower to upgrade first X should I upgrade or build another tower X where to place tower

or is just maxing DU with any one particular tower immediately and barreling through the content cool with everyone so long as we keep getting new Chaos tiers at regular intervals?

don't cry about lack of strategy Pachi.  it was never built to have much strategy in the first place.  small maps, low attack ranges and attack rates

they practically pigeonholed all of the strategy into "place towers behind walls"

that zimmerman wants to clear it with flame auras and is able to do so should be lauded as an actual victory for trendy.  they actually have a second playstyle other than wall/tower that manages to work (with enough ascension levels)

i know you want MORE playstyles that work, not less.  but don't hate the flame aura.  be happy that it works and is a second option

What this game needs is quests and progression that isn't grind these same maps 100 times without any change or deviation. Not daily go here win this map junk. Go here, do this map, kill this guy, get this thing, then do this one, get that thing, then take all your things and go beat this level, find this guy and make something shiny. The process is not hard people. And PvP. And more variety of maps. Heaven forbid, player created maps! I've been playing RPGs for 25 years, the ground works laid to do all of this stuff, players recognize and embrace it.

What we don't need are the same items we had before with an x1.25 multiplier on stats, and some reskinned baddies packaged in a patch that breaks damn near everything every two weeks. I'd be willing to bet more time was spent on making that Emporium than in making the last 5 new enemies, and we haven't had a new map in 6 months. Priorities.

@ram1024 quote:

i know you want MORE playstyles that work, not less.  

oh, that's what you got out of that post?  No, I implied I want tower selection to matter more, not less.

It's perfectly possible to allow more strategy into the game, even with the current poorly-planned out maps, so long as a team is capable of spreadsheeting towers, analyzing that data, and is creative enough to differentiate them meaningfully across attack rates, damage, effects, ranges, etc

Flame auras aren't just a 2nd option, either.  That's crazy exaggeration lol.  But if you want to laud it as a victory for trendy then uh... we'll just have to agree to disagree then

you say it's possible, but it really isn't.  you pick your 1 wall type, then you pick whatever tower you want behind the wall.  throw a skyguard tower in there where needed

et voila, that's the gameplan

want to litter the map with mines? HAH good luck finding the mana to upgrade them.  want to string damaging christmas lights around the map?  cool now you're out of defense units and the bosses are very healthy beating your walls.  you want to place towers in the field? they will take random enemy fire and die, build em with health and they're not doing any damage

people are happy to be able to clear content without strategy because the option doesn't exist for strategy.  with all the bugs in the game we're happy that 2 things work

Well, shucks! This thread spiraled out of control pretty quickly. I don't even know where to start....Whaaah...sure you are joking! Lol  Although... might be nice to get 5 Chaos levels at once. Or 5 new game modes at once.

the following, in my opinion, would be nice to get all at once with little to no bugs (Hahahahahahahahaha! No bugs *sigh*):

Revamped onslaught

Chaos #X

Chaos #Y

Challenge mode (i.e. All your DAL powers are taken away and all you have to use is your gear and abilities)

3 new maps

2 new heroes (Barbarian + Man and Machine. Why should we only get 1 hero at a time at this point?)

Boss Rush Mode - Can we count special enemies and "mini bosses" as bosses?

I know this is only a pipe dream and we will never get all of this at once, but figured this would be a good place to share with OP starting the thread by saying we need CH 8 & 9 already.