Sign in to follow this  
UncrownedData

restore items from a floor shop

Hey all,  so I made a pretty stupid mistake tonight.  I have been working on a big cleaning and recently purchased DD on an alt account for storage and also to have some fun playing through the game again at some point in the future.  Anyway, I had dropped a ton of lower level stuff to move over to storage and I forgot to lock item drops after I was done.  Forward a few hours and I went to host a shop, long story short, I ended up losing quite a few of my weapons.  There wasn't anything amazing, but there were several ult/ulti+ glads, sparuses, quietus, fusions, and clavas gone when I realized what happened.  

I feel like not much can be done here since it was pretty much my fault, but I thought maybe someone might know this person and convince them to give it back?  If nothing else, I guess I would just like to remind people to host their shops carefully, and not follow my example.  Not really sure, but I think I am not allowed to call out players on the forums, so if you think you can help, pm me and I can provide the steam URL.

Thanks folks

T o

A nyone that

M ight know the person who took all Uncowneddata's

L ovely floor items, possibly by mistake, could they

A ll please let this person know that it was a mistake and that he would like them back as

Z ealously as possible

*sadface* This has happened to me a long time back. I doubt they will give you the items back. But yeah. Sucks.
Never unlock floor-items, ever.

This gives me an idea that the CDT can possibly incorporate to tackle future mishaps -- 

• Regardless of the tavern item drop option selected by the user, anytime a new instance of the lobby is created, the default setting is always changed to "FLOOR ITEM PICKUP LOCKED".
  • Also, much like how the game treats idle lobbies, and changes them to AFK shops after 30mins, apply a similar timer to this setting.
    -- If a lobby is created and the option to unlock floor items is selected, but the host goes AFK, then, as soon as the game changes the lobby type from game to AFK-Shop, instantly change the setting to "FLOOR ITEM PICKUP LOCKED".
  • Also, Move the option over to the options menu rather than having it on the map selection menu as it is currently.
  • Finally, add a "Confirmation pop-up" anything the user changes this setting and possibly include a warning message as well.

Feel free to add on to this suggestion.

lol [[49571,users]], nice work. 

@Black_Mamba

Yeah, I think the defaulting to locked is as far the idea would have to go. It might be in the best interest to make it fast and easy to access, and leave the option at the location it is in. Going into the options menu is a few more clicks and in my case, would have meant more of my stuff would be gone. But really the pain point here would be mostly solved if pickups were locked by default with every new game instance. Much like how the default is set to Non- Hardcore for game modes, we could just ask that tavern pickups are set to locked. 

That said, I must admit, everyone tells me constantly to make sure pickups are locked and I had the warnings in place. I can't really say it's an issue that needs fixing because I could have prevented it with the tiniest effort on my part.