Hello! Gear farming problem. Need some help !

Hello everyone!

So i started to play DD2 agian after a 1 year break and so, But im not a "good player" so the game is pretty new for me anyway, i play DD1 very much tho but DD2 is a hold new game so.

But anyway, im lvl 50 atm, but im having a hard time to gearing my Lavamancer , i only get 46 items to drop for me and i have been in "boost groups" and clearing some Chaos 3 maps and Incursions too , but no luck at all. I have unselected my other hero and only working on gearing my Lavamancer atm. So is there anything i need to do berfore i can get higher gear ? Im fully 46 items atm , is it im just unlucky?

And where should i try to farm?

Greetings Dödkärlek =)

The gear that drops is based on the gear in your current herodeck. So even if you get boosted you won't get good gear. Secondly, you only get upgrades from trials. At the top of the map list there's a button called trials which will send you to one random map in the pool for the current chaos tier. That's the only way to get upgrades.

There are quite a few topics on this very topic in the forums atm, so I'd suggest reading those for more indepth descriptions.

Incursions are pointless atm (except for the quest).

@DödKärlekツ quote:

But anyway, im lvl 50 atm, but im having a hard time to gearing my Lavamancer , i only get 46 items to drop for me and i have been in "boost groups" and clearing some Chaos 3 maps and Incursions too , but no luck at all. I have unselected my other hero and only working on gearing my Lavamancer atm. So is there anything i need to do berfore i can get higher gear ? Im fully 46 items atm , is it im just unlucky?

If by 46 items, you mean level 46, then its not luck, it's the system working as intended. 

You have to be at the previous tier of gear to acquire new gear reliably . For example, to get C3 gear, you should be wearing C2 tier gear. So going into boost maps isn't going to help you, especially not if your not even in basic level 50 gear. It's trendy's way of preventing being able to skip right to end game gear if you can get someone to carry you a few wave.

I'm not sure exactly where to look for level 50 drops, I'd assume Harbringer would be good?

@Radu Lykan quote:

@DödKärlekツ quote:

If by 46 items, you mean level 46, then its not luck, it's the system working as intended. 

You have to be at the previous tier of gear to acquire new gear reliably . For example, to get C3 gear, you should be wearing C2 tier gear. So going into boost maps isn't going to help you, especially not if your not even in basic level 50 gear. It's trendy's way of preventing being able to skip right to end game gear if you can get someone to carry you a few wave.

I'm not sure exactly where to look for level 50 drops, I'd assume Harbringer would be good?

I would hardly say the system is working as intended .

Given the current MP Scaling, the game shouldn't restrict the drops at all. DD1 allowed for Carry's . It even allowed for gear to be dropped. 

I've said this in another thread/post already, but DD2 keeps pushing content and rules that make it seem like a competitive Leaderboard game when there's nothing of the sorts. 

If I wanna carry someone (there isn't even trading at the moment, so I gain nothing but Karma from doing so and increased stress maybe), why should the game punish both me and the other player ? This Forced Ladder crap can't possibly be intended on a casual tower ( action hero ? ) game. 

Funny enough, there's currently absolutely NO restriction on joining public games. That's the biggest F*** YOU from Trendy and feeds the "I don't know what I'm doing wrong" from new players or old DD1 veterans looking into this new game. If I wanna run C4/5 with equally geared players that could actually get it done despite all the overwhelming odds ( MP Scaling ahoy ), I don't even have an LFG. I either trust blind luck or spend hours trying to invite people that have good gear. (I'm on PS4, so there's not even a chat there. ).

So no, I can't say this system is working as intended at this point nor can I possibly agree with it.

Map rotation should've been implemented weeks ago. Choosing a map outside of the stupid Trials randomness should award Chaos appropriate Gear. 
Skyguards should've been fixed by now.

I still can't forgive them for hotfixing Nimbus so quickly but not doing the same with Skyguards. 

System is working as intended but there's NOTHING in the game that tells you what the system IS (besides other players if you somehow know to ask about the system you probably didn't know existed in the first place)

@Elyssae quote:

@Radu Lykan quote:

snip

snip

snip

You're feelings about the system aside, doesn't change the meaning of words or the fact that its working as the devs  have intended it to. It's fine not to like the system and recommend that it's changed, but it is currently accomplishing exactly what it was intended to do.

Personally, I played plenty of DD1 too and it always felt a little silly that in such a progression based game, someone could skip right to end game if they could find someone willing to carry them.

Public games and scaling are their own separate issues that need to be fixed.

@Radu Lykan quote:

@Elyssae quote:

@Radu Lykan quote:

snip

snip

snip

You're feelings about the system aside, doesn't change the meaning of words or the fact that its working as the devs  have intended it to. It's fine not to like the system and recommend that it's changed, but it is currently accomplishing exactly what it was intended to do.

Personally, I played plenty of DD1 too and it always felt a little silly that in such a progression based game, someone could skip right to end game if they could find someone willing to carry them.

Public games and scaling are their own separate issues that need to be fixed.

Granted, my opinion or feelings on the matter are subjective, but I still refuse to believe this system is intended when there's absolutely no IN GAME information regarding this. It does not say anywhere that I need to do this kind of ladder. Thus why you get so many posts about this around here from fresh accounts, it's not officially or widely known . If I hadn't been on these forums, I might have taken an even longer time to find out that choosing a map, regardless of the Chaos I pick would only net me 46 gear. Leading me to believe it was more of a bug than intended. 

The truth is, there is no End game. There are no new maps, no new challenges, if anything, we've been taken content instead of adding. We're still playing the same maps, same number of rounds and a lack of direction for this so called "end game". 

The game is limiting playstyles over and over, and thus, I say it again, Why should my playstyle be punished ?

DD1 still made people who got carried feel useful. It was a nice way to keep the ball rolling, to build a community and a sense of accomplishment. Loot Mattered, but Loot was shareable. 

If anything, during DD1 it made LESS sense to be able to carry people, since in a way, it would hinder your income in the long run, as you could sell the gear instead of letting others pick it for free.

DD2 has nothing of that. It forces you over the same Maps over and over with bugs that are ground breaking more often than not.

@Elyssae quote:
snip

Granted, my opinion or feelings on the matter are subjective, but I still refuse to believe this system is intended when there's absolutely no IN GAME information regarding this. It does not say anywhere that I need to do this kind of ladder. Thus why you get so many posts about this around here from fresh accounts, it's not officially or widely known . If I hadn't been on these forums, I might have taken an even longer time to find out that choosing a map, regardless of the Chaos I pick would only net me 46 gear. Leading me to believe it was more of a bug than intended. 

The truth is, there is no End game. There are no new maps, no new challenges, if anything, we've been taken content instead of adding. We're still playing the same maps, same number of rounds and a lack of direction for this so called "end game". 

The game is limiting playstyles over and over, and thus, I say it again, Why should my playstyle be punished ?

DD1 still made people who got carried feel useful. It was a nice way to keep the ball rolling, to build a community and a sense of accomplishment. Loot Mattered, but Loot was shareable. 

If anything, during DD1 it made LESS sense to be able to carry people, since in a way, it would hinder your income in the long run, as you could sell the gear instead of letting others pick it for free.

DD2 has nothing of that. It forces you over the same Maps over and over with bugs that are ground breaking more often than not.

Fair points. It should be noted in game. I feel like I may have heard of it during a dev stream or a Friday fun from an official source, but I don't have an exact video or a time stamp at the ready. A quick post by our CM could clear that up. 

I guess if I try to look at it from a TN prospective I  could reason out that the progression limiters shouldn't effect someone playing through the "content" in a fresh and isolated environment. A new player comes into the game and naturally progresses through the difficulties, obtaining new gear as they go shouldn't be crippled by these changes. Then again, anyone that works in the tech industry should be aware that customers will not use your software exclusively as you intended them to and documentation is a good way to cover your ass.

I feel like the new chaos mobs do offer some new challenge, unfortunately that new challenge is now the only type of challenge available. 

Game has a lot of problems.  I just wanted to point out I don't think the progression limiters is an unintended one of them. I've kinda been liking how when I started C5, I got lower stated gear and now have been seeing a somewhat steady increase the the stats of the gear dropping as my average IPower has been increasing - if I ever get any useful drops at all.