Sign in to follow this  
It's Super Effective!

Better solution for Collecting Chest after a Victory.

Hey Trendy,

I'd like to preface this post with a very short story.

It's 3:45AM EST, I had finally beaten a C3 mission Solo after failing for 2 solid weeks.

Part of this is from the constant patch changes that keep nerfing what players have found to work, and not fixing strategies/towers that should work (Sky Guard), and moving the Defense Range Shard to C3.

It's very frustrating to try and play this game when it's a constant moving target. I get it, you have to fix things and update it, but anyways...

I went back, got some ascension levels, got some gems, switched up my DPS hero and I beat it. Best feeling in the world, C3 HERE I COME!

I was so happy and that I have finally broken into this chaos level. I saw that my victory chest was purple, a little disappointing, but still proud none the less and couldn't wait to open it hopefully with a Defense Range Shard, but I would be happy regardless.

Ran up to it, watched that chest opening animation that would normally bore me, but today was a special day...

and Pressed G to open it....

OH MY GOD **** MY LIFE, I am instantly thrown to the end-game screen and I stare at my unopened chest that I am helpless to go back to open it. 

I pressed G when I should have pressed E

WHY TRENDY? WHY? I had worked so hard, jumping through the damn hoops that this game has been putting up. I have been patient with the constant balance patches and spent countless hours failing missions and researching builds.

OK, fine that was my fault, probably brought on from getting tired, but please Trendy, why does it have to be like this? Here's any number of solutions that could have made this fool proof.

- Make it so that you cannot press G until the Chest has been looted.

- Display a warning dialog "Hey, you haven't opened your chest yet, are you sure you want to proceed?"

- Automatically open the chest when it appears.

- Pressing G opens the chest from any range, gives a few seconds delay before G will end the game.

- Auto collect the items into inventory regardless of the chest being opened (based on auto collect settings)

- Press and HOLD G for 1-2 seconds, so it will be less likely to happen.

I make this mistake a lot. Sometimes you are still on "next wave mode" and pressing G is automatic. Pressing G after finishing a map should grant chest contents in case you open the chest or not.

agreed there should be a way to prevent this from happening.. I've pressed G more times than i can remember instead of E after the victory cutscene.. happens especially when im speed mapping :(

I really like this idea:

Auto collect the items into inventory regardless of the chest being opened (based on auto collect settings)

this way its still quick and  easy to end the match

I feel your pain - but since you won honest once, you will win again. I think they do this on purpose so anyone AFK farming will not get the chest.

But yeah - it would be nice if they warned you. Auto opening would be great since that would speed it up. I would like them to allow skipping the animation to speed things up, as after several years I am bored of it. And an autocollect button that will allow picking up all gold/mana/items so you can make sure you have space (only works between rounds of course).

Sorry to hear about your loss but I can't be the only one around here who feels this is a bad idea because not everyone wants to loot their chests at the end of the game.

- While not especially apparent for Chaos games ( since you almost always want the shards ), some people run Campaign missions ( for dailies etc ) and do not wish to flood their inventory with junk gear.

@It's Super Effective! quote:

- Pressing G opens the chest from any range, gives a few seconds delay before G will end the game.

Sounds good to me. This together with something like 'press space to skip animation' might be great.