Sign in to follow this  
Plane

Insane chicken run build (lightning tower build)

This works really nice, I don't even have a waller EV mine has like 2k thp and works like a charm :)

Right now, mega chickens are not better on NM.  In the next version of the game, NM chickens will receive a buff and will be better, but insane chickens will still be fairly good and much easier to farm :)

The same is true of blasters.  Blasters are actually worse on NM right now, but after the patch they will be a little bit better.

Thanks alot. Good to know that :) there is some more map what drop better lot on isnane?

Mostly pets on nightmare survival:

• Kobolds.  These are usually awful on NM.  Also, farm on TD not Aka
  • Giraffes.  These are usually awful on NM.
  • Skeletons.  These are usually awful on NM.  (But I think the new Pirate Skeletons from BucBay are best on NM)
For a long time farming drills on Volcanic Eruption was better on insane, and some might argue that it still is because of the large jump in difficulty, but I think nightmare is best now.  You might be able to make the same argument about farming chickens in the next patch, because TL NMHC survival is going to take a lot longer and is much harder than insane.  Basically, farming TL insane will be a better use of most people's time until they've already got top-end insane chickens and the only way to beat them is farming on nightmare.

Aquanos is the exception for giraffes on nightmare, only that map for some reason they can regularly spawn with multiple capped 400 in hero stats.   Yes Pirate skeletons are indeed best on nightmare, they actually don't roll terribly bad compared to kobolds and skeletons on nightmare, and outright do have higher stats on nightmare in general.

What are the stat requirements for this? Ogres keep going to the west crystal and destroying my walls on the east, shouldn't they all be going to the centre? ☹️

@Luken quote:

What are the stat requirements for this? Ogres keep going to the west crystal and destroying my walls on the east, shouldn't they all be going to the centre? ☹️

Plane can correct me, but Ogres don't go to the west they just go to the east, north east, and middle, the LT's should have long enough range to be able to hit them.  I suggest a waller ev and you to upgrade and repair them from time to time.  Although I did this with like 2.5k health hp on my EV.  Try and get more stats on your Apprentice it's probably why.

@cpaxe97 quote:

Plane can correct me, but Ogres don't go to the west they just go to the east, north east, and middle, the LT's should have long enough range to be able to hit them.  I suggest a waller ev and you to upgrade and repair them from time to time.  Although I did this with like 2.5k health hp on my EV.  Try and get more stats on your Apprentice it's probably why.

It could also be a problem with the auras on the west not being strong enough, if the ogres are managing to land next to the crystal.  They should have to walk around the long way, which will bring them close enough to get hit by the LTs, which will aggro them away from the crystal.  That's why there's an ensnare on the west crystal.

Also, someone asked me how to farm this on NM starting on wave 32, so I posted a NM chicken farm build.  I managed to do it solo, but it requires good stats & DPS:

61A7D6286B4D48696C4C14CE61BCA1B6E8E35CCB

The NM build is here: http://dundefplanner.com/map.php?load=103

I have a few things I might still change, so this build isn't final, but it works for me . . .

My problem on the east is that the ogres are not going to the middle, they are all attacking the walls and not getting aggro off the LT's, I think you are properly right in regards to the west though plane, my EV is 2.6k THealth and apprentice is 4.2k dmg, 1.6 radius, 2.6 speed, would you advise that as too low?

@Luken quote:

My problem on the east is that the ogres are not going to the middle, they are all attacking the walls and not getting aggro off the LT's, I think you are properly right in regards to the west though plane, my EV is 2.6k THealth and apprentice is 4.2k dmg, 1.6 radius, 2.6 speed, would you advise that as too low?

What type of armor do you use on your apprentice? Maybe i have some spare armor to give ^^

ps: Your main goal should be to get your apprentice DMG and Rate to be 1:1

That means that 3k DMG and 3k Rate is better then 4k DMG and 2k Rate

@Luken quote:

Definitely respec your app 100% into rate.  Try it on the dummy and see if your LT damage goes up.  I bet it will :)

The walls do need to take some damage, so you might want to wheel heal now and then, or possibly DPS the ogres if they're giving you trouble.  Good luck!