Sign in to follow this  
mmaakk

My experience after spending 11.5K Medals buying Shard Packs

So I was getting close to the 12K medals cap and, for Science, I did spend it all buying Shards III packs. I was gunning for the Range Shard called "Deadly Strikes".

Here are the numbers:

1 Pack contains 5 Shards and costs 500 Medals.

23 packs X 5 Shards per pack = 115 Shards

How many "Deadly Strikes" I got in total? = 1

Well, got 1 at least. Not sure if I'm suppose to be happy or sad with this result.

Also got 2 Shielding Guard, but I already have enough of this Shard.

@mmaakk quote:

So I was getting close to the 12K medals cap and, for Science, I did spend it all buying Shards III packs. I was gunning for the Range Shard called "Deadly Strikes".

Here are the numbers:

1 Pack contains 5 Shards and costs 500 Medals.

23 packs X 5 Shards per pack = 115 Shards

How many "Deadly Strikes" I got in total? = 1

Well, got 1 at least. Not sure if I'm suppose to be happy or sad with this result.

Also got 2 Shielding Guard, but I already have enough of this Shard.

Wow, only 1/115 with guaranteed Chaos 3 shards! That is incredibly frustrating RNG. 

BUT - You should definetely be GLAD with getting one, See how close you came to getting NONE.

@MamaTata quote:

yep... it was confirmed by someone.

@PandynatorDD quote:

I heard if you pay with gems you have a better chance at getting the shard you want.

Actually confirmed with enough evidence? Could be coincidental RNG if the person bought X amount with gems and compared to X amount of ones purchased with DMs.
I really hope it isn't designed to be more 'lucky' if you spend gems, greedy asf

@PandynatorDD quote:

I heard if you pay with gems you have a better chance at getting the shard you want.

I can guarantee you 6 Pack (beer) sounds more compelling to me, over 5 Pack shards.

i collected 100 chaos 3 shards before the patch, and i opened them after the patch.

and i got 6 deadly strike out of them, its just RNG, it has nothing to do with medals or gems.

I hate to do this but im a jerk so...i bought 4 chaos 3 packs with medals and got 1 deadly strikes. Of course i got 3 of that crappy jackpot shard. Wtf is that not disabled? They could make it where every tenth kill you get a bag of 100 gold and it still wouldnt help...

@trshy quote:

i collected 100 chaos 3 shards before the patch, and i opened them after the patch.

and i got 6 deadly strike out of them, its just RNG, it has nothing to do with medals or gems.

Yeah something similar happened to me where i farmed 30 c3 shards after the patch and got like 3 or 4 deadly strikes.

I'm ascension 265ish and bought about 4k defender medals of c3 shards and still don't have a single deadly strikes. So what you're telling me is if I save up 12k worth of medals, I'll actually have a chance for one. Sweeet, count me in, but only if it means I have a chance to improve upon the 7 oil spills I got from those c3 packs I bought. Cuz I definitely need more of those too.

So far, the numbers reported in this thread have about 11 or 12 Deadly Strikes out of about 250 total C3 shards collected (note that the total started was 249, but I rounded as I am assuming that everyone who reported a multiple of 5 was rounding their own numbers). That is approximately 1 in 22 which is better than the 1 in 25-35 listed in the 19.5 patch notes (I don't know how many C3 shards there actually are).

Take this information however you like and remember that the overall sample size is probably too small to be basing any major judgments on it.

@CollectorOfBolts quote:

So far, the numbers reported in this thread have about 11 or 12 Deadly Strikes out of about 250 total C3 shards collected (note that the total started was 249, but I rounded as I am assuming that everyone who reported a multiple of 5 was rounding their own numbers). That is approximately 1 in 22 which is better than the 1 in 25-35 listed in the 19.5 patch notes (I don't know how many C3 shards there actually are).

Take this information however you like and remember that the overall sample size is probably too small to be basing any major judgments on it.

There are 28 C3 shards.

Member of Defense Council confirmed today that by buying packs with gems you get 33% crit chance to get shards that you want. You can't beat that!

I heard that if you buy em with gems while wearing a costume and a premium pet equipped you get 5/5 deadly strikes in every pack.

I heard if you are one of the legion members, gobu, you get always panic fire, press your luck and the gold shard in your pack. I can confirm this, i sold them. Emoji_Kobalt.pngEmoji_Huntress.pngEmoji_Goblin.png

@dreamanime quote:

I heard if you are one of the legion members, gobu, you get always panic fire, press your luck and the gold shard in your pack. I can confirm this, i sold them. Emoji_Kobalt.pngEmoji_Huntress.pngEmoji_Goblin.png

I did not know that I was a member of the legion...

It might not be that good shards have low drop rates, just that you're prone to get the same shards over and over again.   I've noticed that on any given day I will often open multiple copies of the same shard.  The game probably uses a hidden seed that determines likely drops.  I have no idea what determines this seed, but it does change.  It's especially noticeable when you get junk like 2 jackpot's and 2 corruption's bargains out of about 10 shards.  When it's 2 defense rate shards on the same day, it just seems like good luck.  

@Burns quote:

It might not be that good shards have low drop rates, just that you're prone to get the same shards over and over again.   I've noticed that on any given day I will often open multiple copies of the same shard.  The game probably uses a hidden seed that determines likely drops.  I have no idea what determines this seed, but it does change.  It's especially noticeable when you get junk like 2 jackpot's and 2 corruption's bargains out of about 10 shards.  When it's 2 defense rate shards on the same day, it just seems like good luck.  

Bought 14 C3 Packs Yesterday - got 2 Deadly Strike Shards in them...

Game confirmed to be able to read your mind to know what shards you want.  Trendy are truly pioneers of the game development industry.

@danimaltastic quote:

I'm ascension 265ish and bought about 4k defender medals of c3 shards and still don't have a single deadly strikes. So what you're telling me is if I save up 12k worth of medals, I'll actually have a chance for one. Sweeet, count me in, but only if it means I have a chance to improve upon the 7 oil spills I got from those c3 packs I bought. Cuz I definitely need more of those too.

i don't know if you play Hearthstone but when it comes to RNG...... 

CpGxv0XWgAA5j3p.jpg