How to make DD2 Pure fun

Most are personal preference but it's worth thinking over to see if the game would actually be a lot more fun overall.

1st, is upgrades/additional features to Co-op. These in my opinion would allow many more to feel comfortable with wanting to play with others. The aim is for more to want to play with others.

- A classic mode for mana box collection: Touching boxes opens them, all carry portions of the build mana

- Lobby search tools: Total players currently playing on selected difficulty, preferred DPS character, host unlocked characters

- Host options: All can have an icon and/or short description after selecting said lobby for joining. Might need a UI update for the browser. (Only host can build towers, kicking players after 3-5 minutes of joining. Now the time is so you can access & let them know if they will be better suited elsewhere so you won't have to host kick. Oh & a couple major changes the host can only host kick if they provide a reason, ie. inactive, disruptive, etc. Also each player that is host kicked is immediately blocked from joining your future games, would also be helpful for the host kick log to be saved on the dev side. Any deliberant abuse of the host kick feature should not be welcome)

- The ability to vote for a host change, or at least a fix for the host switching after seemingly every game.

- Private Tavern options! (Ability to showcase something, possibly in the secret room under the tavern, be it a title, armor, weapon, pet, etc. Be able to create a personalized banner, you are the heroes afterall. Ability to change tavern design to seasonal variants, many hard workers made them & I know they'd like for us to not let them go to waste!)

- Trading: In my own personal opinion trading should revolve around the upcoming crafting system, there's so much that can be done with that feature alone. You can add various paints for color changing (though it should be standard I can't blame you for putting it behind a wall since this is a Free to play game), add additional effects to owned gear if not create entirely new pieces specifically for crafting. Maybe even built in crafting bonus in place of 1 shard.

- Co-op DPS boost shards, As Defenders of Etheria we stand together

- Possibly an option where the characters in the town dress up like Goblins (Goblin town skin!). Could even have some confused Goblins walking around just out of bounds until they realize the people aren't of them & run off

- Hardcore Mode: If not something similar to DD1 then basically a mode where only Chaos enemies spawn with rebalanced stats, no normal enemies. Let this have it's own scoreboard, tell points & time spent when viewing

- Add more available units for building, don't need too much but at the moment it's too limiting. Oh & you can even scale the build units per difficulty

- After selection of continue allow for a vote of 3 different maps

- Allow extra shard pack drops when playing with more players (up to 5 for tier total) *An incentive to play Co-op*

- Option to see Health of towers on map as well as a bigger map option

- Display available build mana on players

- Personality: Level up dances, Costume emotes (Don't worry about creating multiple to be used at once, just keep things simple), & the infamous callouts from days past

2nd is relating to the original 4 heroes & ways to balance current Chaos tier enemies. I know I'm not the only one that is bothered by the clear nerf of the characters tower options but I've dealt with it until now. Where are their 5th towers? I have a hard time just using the main 4 since they can't do everything themselves & need another character to help their towers. I was under the impression that each character could fend for themselves & they were able to go pretty far until the introduction of Chaos tier enemies.

Main Heroes 5th tower, just giving them their missing tower to help them better prepare for the challenges at hand.

- Apprentice: Gotta bring back the Magic missile, make it very low on DU (20-30) & mainly so he can tackle aerial enemies. I thought about the possibility of an uber to change the frostbite to a frozen shooter but a 5th would be better imo. (Possible shard: Shoots one Uber sized round with 125% damage, that reacts in a cone effect, that travels half the overall defense range every 15-25 seconds) *Very low on stats except speed, mainly to fill in gaps with defenses*

- Huntress: I'd suggest either the gas trap or a unique blockade or something akin to the flamethrower that spew shadows to make itself &/or other things nearby invisible. Cound make it similar to the magic wall where it's effect activates after a certain amount of damage is done to the tower. (Possible shard: For the shadow blockade, allow it's shadows to increase damage of nearby towers & D.O.T. nearby enemies) *Can't attack normally*

- Monk: A dragon themed cannon that fires, at medium speed, a missile that explodes into 3-5 tiny electric auras that quickly disapate upon 2-4 hits. Might be able to use Ascension to increase their duration. (Possible shard: Loses electric auras but gains piercing & projectile change to fire element) *Can't attack air units*

- Squire: Firstly I'd very much like a switch back to slice & dice instead of training dummy, secondly he could use a slingshot tower that drops a boulder onto enemies. Long range tower with increases to range affecting the boulder strike impact. (Possible shard: The boulder is set aflame & burns the area over time) *Can only toss boulders in a straight line*

Chaos Tier enemy balances, though I would greatly prefer removing all hard counter enemies & crit stats instead.

- Shield Goblin: Shield has a life bar possibly 25-35% of it's overall health. Since you insist on keeping crits, allow projectile crits to destroy the shield but the enemies themselves are immune to crit damage from all sources so they take no damage from that. Another way to balance it could be to force a damage cap to be exceeded for them to take damage from projeciles, something like 15-30% each projectile hit.

- Robot Orcs: They short circut when a effect is placed on them, cancelling any current halt to traps, auras, etc. This is to help with tower combination combos as well as allow special effects certain towers recieve from shards to benefit the other towers of the build. Crits still damage these enemies.

- Shield Geode: Elemental damage pierces through barriers. Crits break the Geode shield but it is immune to crit damage.

- Berserker Orc: Less ignoring of walls, & not allow to walk through them. Tower combination effects could last longer &/or do increased damage.

- Dark Assassin: 5 second Immunity on spawn to assassin phase strike. Allow them to spawn from doorways & sprint towards players (The original fear for Assassins) for normal attacks. DPS effects/abilities do increased damage. Removal of silence, or at least a change to something else like slow

3rd is PS4 controller settings.

- Allow the touchpad to be used to move the camera when placing a tower

- Allow an option to use the touchpad during menu screens, have it act like a mouse

- Allow customization of button mapping for abilities/towers

- Bring back the wheel of Dungeon Defenders, have it help with above like the previous game. Allow it to be brought up by lightly touching & holding the thumb firmly on the touchpad then either the right stick or swipe for options.

- Allow 3 zoom angles like the previous game, access this by swipping up or down on the touchpad. Who wouldn't appreciate a top down angle?

4th, bring back S.A.S. that was the base, Ascension is when you go even further beyond. S.A.S. worked for main stats, Ascension's stats look like they are tacked on as to create a twisted sense of endless grind. Without the S.A.S. stats inside of Ascension trees it would drop to reasonable levels of grind, & you can even add more intricate & creative things to Ascension. Gambits are interesting & definitely not something S.A.S. could have provided. Eliminate this senseless Ascension grind, it's killing so many people's drive for the game. You can have Ascension reward bonus S.A.S. points every so often for achieving higher levels.

Oh and I would greatly appreciate the removal of speed rate caps, I'm a speedy tower guy & I keep having issues when I build all of my towers around speed but they can't compete with a damage equivalent so I lose maps. Testing tower vs itself would better help to balance them in this regard.

- S.A.S. returns as base without caps

- Ascension loses all base stat bonus & becomes free'd up for more creative & less grindy options (possibility of allowing every 10ish levels to gain 1-3 additional S.A.S. points)

- Possibility of having a separate section to further enhance character specific shards (only if obtained &  equip)

- Possibility of having Co-op Ascension traits like: +Hero health up by 3% per player in group

5th is steps back for simplicity. I don't like that this game is becoming overcomplicated, a lot of people I used to know enjoyed the simplicity of DD1 the most.

- Get rid of all Crit stats (If not all then defense crit stats should go. Also another effective change would be to allow all the DPS Crit stats to be held behind Ascension)

- Defense range added back on relics

- All 4 Defense stats on relics (Possibility of having slight variation in relic stats, only slight)

- Bring back the option to add stat points from upgrades individually

- Gold changed to Mana, gold becomes a valuable item for crafting purposes

- Experience is waved across each wave increasingly with the biggest amount on completion & not almost all upon completion

- Quick Tutorials on title screen (Drop down selection), include Chaos enemy introductions

- Return of Pure strategy mode (Personal favorite) & Guardian pets!

- Gear Naming, including Pets

- Character Name change, maybe not so simple but definitely a must have

- Basic color change (2 color options: Main pieces, & accessories), with more advanced & indepth changes linked to crafting (Like gradients, multi color, patterns, & *extra effect*)

- *Removal of Trials* or altering it to only be beneficial in experience, gold, medals, & overall consecutive win bonuses over normal defense mode

- Gear drops become plentiful again from enemies & not only from the completion chest

- Increase Mana (Gold) drops across each difficulty, & for selling

- Reduce the cost of Mana (Gold) across everything drastically, things are entirely too expensive

- Start selling every costume that does not have extra accessories for medals

- Reduce the cost for gems by at least 2/3 of what they are now, gems are entirely too expensive especially compared to other free to play games

- Make elemental weapon damage be on par with normal damage, possibly even add 2 different elemental stat weapons without hero damage, &/or add damage % to the elemental effect shards

- Remove all main stat boost shards, the balancing must be a nightmare as is so this can ease a bit off that. I'd prefer shards to be more unique, dynamic, & even silly, & with base stat shards around many like myself won't bother with more creative shards if they aren't much better in comparison

- Bring back challenges & fun challenge weapons.

- Bring back non attacking stat boost only pets. It'd be nostalgic to see Giraffes & Kobolds on a treadmill again.

New options!

- Pet Farm: Pay Mana (Gold) to raise pet affection level of pets you are not currently using (Maximum of 3 pets being raised at once). Allow a notification for each pet level gained inside. Possibility of having a medal pay variation for faster levels (Allow it to also act like a pet bank). *Do not add a gem variation*

- Practice mode: A mode where you can test your towers against any difficulty enemies. Have a comparison option to see which build better tackles the situation as well as the DPS of each tower being displayed above it. This can help to make sure tower work as intended as well as provide help with balancing against different enemies.

- Old school events: Where we can test our skills to earn some gems. (Things like 2x jump height, 2x speed, 2x weapon attack speed, super slow projectile speed, super mana regeneratin, disable chaos specific enemy types, disable shard bonuses, disable ascension bonuses, disable co-op enemy benefts, etc.)

- Defense Forge gains a Shard bank option only available by Forge with a shard catalogue for completionists. Possibly add a feature where the drop rates for the remaining shards are shown after collecting 51% of that difficulty, assuming it's not 1/X. This is needed & gives the forge a reason to be present nowadays.

- Possibly creating a game world to walk around in that you can leave the town to go to, or create versions of in game maps as private tavern options

I truly believe these changes would make DD2 a game for the ages. What say you Defender?

my ideas for more fun ....

1.Replace hard-counter mobs (vangaurd, geode, cyborc) with other mobs that force you to rethink your gameplan(similar to how berzerkers and assassins do) without rendering an entire tower category worthless. Like for example, change the Cyborc into some slow moving unit, but has a lot of health, armor, and maybe a stupid amount of attack power, so if he does reach anything, he can seriously put a hurting on it, similar to a swarm of mobs on the wall single-handedly, or even make him a unit that specifically targets any tower he can reach and will go for it and smash it. Frosties, flamethrowers, awkward Skyguards beware!

Vanguards, change them into some, super fast mob that can leap over walls and goes straight for crystal, but has weak attack power so it doesnt just up and 1 shot the crystal but instead takes several hits, so if a swarm rushes in, we have time to be like "Oh Crap! Gotta run to them!" and catch them on time if we were really paying attention.

Geodes, maybe change them into some nerf bubble that nerfs towers AND heroes inside the bubble and makes all of their crowd control effects not work, can still use them, but their stun/knockback/whatever doesnt kick in.

2. another idea for more fun. Change multiplayer scaling, it's rediculous right now. Take out the enemy damage scaling completely and what is the current scaling now? 25% per player? yeah lets nerf that to something like, idk, 10% per player, soi we arent punished for trying to play with friends or trying to make friends. If me and a friend has c4 gear and we wanna push into c5 together, we should be able to, not have to split up and go solo in order to win, ever.

3. Straighten up Ascension skills, they look so ... strewed, like you just wanted to slap in 50 billion things but had no idea what. I mean, seriously .. who in the world is gonna reach 14-some-k ascension level? We really dont need 14k to be the top ascension level to achieve to max all skills. Make the ascension more, finesse, clump all those "x-skill gets AP" "x-tower gets DP or DH" into "Hero gets AP" "Towers get DP or DH" and leave some skills that dont have a cap, no 999 cap, but, no cap, nothing, so we can level to no end if anyone ever, ever, ever, gets that far.

4. Make normal defense missions worth a damn, we should get chaos 5 shards for doing chaos 5 defense mission. Make trials something exclusive, something you gotta do for gold, good exp, and multiple shards or better loot drop rates, and make it so, every 1-2 missions you win in a row, the gold, exp, and drop rates increase so trials can have an incentive to play it without making those of us who are sick and tired of trials and just want a more easy going/casual defense run and not get absolutely NOTHING! for it x.x

5. And, oh yeahhhh .. idk .. fix some of these horrendous bugs? I mean, dang, the game, is filled to the brim, with bugs, every where i turn, there's a bug. Bug with assassins, bugs with maps, bugs with zerkers, bug with mobs in general, bugs with bosses, bugs with stuff getting stuck, bugs with technical issues like infinite loading screens and wonky mis-informative tooltips, cutscenes that never wanna stop playing, funked out trap actions, it goes on and on x.x

We need more explosions. Every melee hit and projectile should explode like a nuke.

Oh and ragdolls.

Yep, explosions and ragdolls.

@jaephen quote:

We need more explosions. Every melee hit and projectile should explode like a nuke.

Oh and ragdolls.

Yep, explosions and ragdolls.

Yes... Moar boom! lol I really like the fireworks shard for the Monk, it looks awesome! XD

@Jojozityjo quote:

my ideas for more fun ....

1.Replace hard-counter mobs (vangaurd, geode, cyborc) with other mobs that force you to rethink your gameplan(similar to how berzerkers and assassins do) without rendering an entire tower category worthless. Like for example, change the Cyborc into some slow moving unit, but has a lot of health, armor, and maybe a stupid amount of attack power, so if he does reach anything, he can seriously put a hurting on it, similar to a swarm of mobs on the wall single-handedly, or even make him a unit that specifically targets any tower he can reach and will go for it and smash it. Frosties, flamethrowers, awkward Skyguards beware!

Vanguards, change them into some, super fast mob that can leap over walls and goes straight for crystal, but has weak attack power so it doesnt just up and 1 shot the crystal but instead takes several hits, so if a swarm rushes in, we have time to be like "Oh Crap! Gotta run to them!" and catch them on time if we were really paying attention.

Geodes, maybe change them into some nerf bubble that nerfs towers AND heroes inside the bubble and makes all of their crowd control effects not work, can still use them, but their stun/knockback/whatever doesnt kick in.

2. another idea for more fun. Change multiplayer scaling, it's rediculous right now. Take out the enemy damage scaling completely and what is the current scaling now? 25% per player? yeah lets nerf that to something like, idk, 10% per player, soi we arent punished for trying to play with friends or trying to make friends. If me and a friend has c4 gear and we wanna push into c5 together, we should be able to, not have to split up and go solo in order to win, ever.

3. Straighten up Ascension skills, they look so ... strewed, like you just wanted to slap in 50 billion things but had no idea what. I mean, seriously .. who in the world is gonna reach 14-some-k ascension level? We really dont need 14k to be the top ascension level to achieve to max all skills. Make the ascension more, finesse, clump all those "x-skill gets AP" "x-tower gets DP or DH" into "Hero gets AP" "Towers get DP or DH" and leave some skills that dont have a cap, no 999 cap, but, no cap, nothing, so we can level to no end if anyone ever, ever, ever, gets that far.

4. Make normal defense missions worth a damn, we should get chaos 5 shards for doing chaos 5 defense mission. Make trials something exclusive, something you gotta do for gold, good exp, and multiple shards or better loot drop rates, and make it so, every 1-2 missions you win in a row, the gold, exp, and drop rates increase so trials can have an incentive to play it without making those of us who are sick and tired of trials and just want a more easy going/casual defense run and not get absolutely NOTHING! for it x.x

5. And, oh yeahhhh .. idk .. fix some of these horrendous bugs? I mean, dang, the game, is filled to the brim, with bugs, every where i turn, there's a bug. Bug with assassins, bugs with maps, bugs with zerkers, bug with mobs in general, bugs with bosses, bugs with stuff getting stuck, bugs with technical issues like infinite loading screens and wonky mis-informative tooltips, cutscenes that never wanna stop playing, funked out trap actions, it goes on and on x.x

Hmm... I tried to make my tips work around what we have or have had with options & to further increase certain features so there's something for everyone.

1. I was under the impression that was the plan with Chaos enemies though of course it was done more to nerf than expected. Quite frankly I think they were made to be hard counters so you would be forced to gear up another character, I mean it is FTP right?

2. I agree on changing the scaling, I didn't put that in because I read they are working on it. We'll see where it goes, besides I put in a clear way for the players to get bonuses for playing with others. With the return of S.A.S. you can have team bonuses become something for Ascension.

3. Already addressed that, get rid of all base stat increases with the return of S.A.S. & have Ascension be for more creative things. 

4. They have revamped the shard collection process though some are still unfortunate with their findings. This is why I recommend a shard bank & catalogue, maybe they can let it tell the player the drop rates of remaining shards after collecting a certain amount of all the shards for a set difficulty.

5. Yeah, they are pretty bad. Of course they are also doing what they can despite how you or I feel about the current bugs. Continue to be vocal on them, they don't catch everything. I'm sure things will be fixed eventually, I mean we are heading towards beta soon & that is the real bug fixing time.

Yuhaku

#4 wasnt about shards, it was about that category of picking a game to play "Defense" and how everything under the "Trials" Button is a complete waste of space. It was about being able to do a more casual game mode and yet still feel like we got SOMETHING for it. Right now, Defense play is just, worthless, it really is. The only way to play the game, is Trials, and in the future, onslaught and incursion. What about normal play though? What about those of us who just want a normal run through that isnt pathetically easy but also isnt all about doing every lil objective or forced to do random maps or getting consecutive wins for bigger bonuses.

I wanna be able to pick a map to play, play it, and get a base amount of rewards for it, and then hit replay, or go back to tavern to pick another map.

As for the other stuff like MP scaling and changing the hard counters, yeah they've said they'd work on it, but the recent sneak peak at the upcoming patch shows us they'd rather put out more of this unnecessary stuff and pump out more content instead of fix the things that need to be fixed. So someone needs to keep giving them that kick in the pants to remind them "hey, you said you'd fix it, so fix it! Dont forget about it, fix it!"

@Jojozityjo quote:

Yuhaku

#4 wasnt about shards, it was about that category of picking a game to play "Defense" and how everything under the "Trials" Button is a complete waste of space. It was about being able to do a more casual game mode and yet still feel like we got SOMETHING for it. Right now, Defense play is just, worthless, it really is. The only way to play the game, is Trials, and in the future, onslaught and incursion. What about normal play though? What about those of us who just want a normal run through that isnt pathetically easy but also isnt all about doing every lil objective or forced to do random maps or getting consecutive wins for bigger bonuses.

I wanna be able to pick a map to play, play it, and get a base amount of rewards for it, and then hit replay, or go back to tavern to pick another map.

As for the other stuff like MP scaling and changing the hard counters, yeah they've said they'd work on it, but the recent sneak peak at the upcoming patch shows us they'd rather put out more of this unnecessary stuff and pump out more content instead of fix the things that need to be fixed. So someone needs to keep giving them that kick in the pants to remind them "hey, you said you'd fix it, so fix it! Dont forget about it, fix it!"

If that truly was not about shards I apologize, your wording suggested such. Shards have gotten drastically lowered in rarity & amount per pack. Somewhere around 25-35 per Chaos tier. When I read you saying you want more shard pack drops as standard I figured you may be one of the unfortunate. As for allowing more to drop I say sure, but there should be a bit more shards  in each tier because you'd get just about everything in a day if you got 4 of 1 tier being they are between 25-35. Perhaps 3 for difficulty & 1 for lower would be a sweet spot. Shards locked behind Trials needs to change.

No need to complain to me about the non trials games, I put up my recommendation if they choose to keep this design. I don't agree with Trials being where you have to play either but it does allow for more options when not playing it. Normal games on Chaos are considered practice now, if that is to remain the case I want practice mode options hence my fun mode options. I don't enjoy half complete features. I honestly wonder if Trials was just another hardcore player idea, it really just forces casuals to "get good or else." There's honestly a number of things that don't make sense to me, because they benefit the hardcore players & force casuals to do things they don't enjoy like move every 5mins or be kicked from server, several boss like enemies a game that you pretty much need to DPS with your hero, insane amount of levels for Ascension that take a lot of time to get up & are mandatory, experience is minimal unless you complete the map, & the same quality of gear for solo when enemies are much easier by default when solo? I'm not saying to force solo players to play with others but at least get them to consider it, there's next to no reason to play Co-op in a Co-op game. 

*Added your recommendation*

yeah id just like for defense mode to be what it use to be, to be able to pick a map we wanna do, and get some kind of reward for it. Practice mode is just a waste of time, we arent gonna do practice mode when we can "practice" by just plain doing the dang trials.

Defense mode should award chaos appropriate gear at the least. Maybe even 1 chaos appropriate shard pack, or at least start with standard. Make trials something to do for a rush, something to do for more chaos shards, make the consecutive win bonus mean more to make trials more appealing, like every win you get you get 10% more exp and gold reward from completing the mission, maybe even better drop rate or higher chance at legendary chest or drops from teh chest, and every 3 or so wins you get another shard drop.

but for the love of god, make defense worth playing and not some lame Practice mode that's 100% worthless.

@Jojozityjo quote:

yeah id just like for defense mode to be what it use to be, to be able to pick a map we wanna do, and get some kind of reward for it. Practice mode is just a waste of time, we arent gonna do practice mode when we can "practice" by just plain doing the dang trials.

Defense mode should award chaos appropriate gear at the least. Maybe even 1 chaos appropriate shard pack, or at least start with standard. Make trials something to do for a rush, something to do for more chaos shards, make the consecutive win bonus mean more to make trials more appealing, like every win you get you get 10% more exp and gold reward from completing the mission, maybe even better drop rate or higher chance at legendary chest or drops from teh chest, and every 3 or so wins you get another shard drop.

but for the love of god, make defense worth playing and not some lame Practice mode that's 100% worthless.

Hmm... Yeah, idk why normal defense is so not worthwhile anymore. I have to assume it, like Ascension, it was altered with the hardcore players in mind. I mean I don't even bother with non trials anymore & that's depressing. I always forget there's a select group of hardcore players that get to test upcoming updates & be at the table for discussing what to add next. I mean why were shards locked away to then later add 2 more difficulties where we have to work even harder to get them? How many difficulties do we need when the game isn't even released yet? They really need to take steps back, this is getting out of hand. We don't need a million things to do now, just look at the first game that was a huge success. There's so many things to do it must be a nightmare to balance it all.

Barbarian is coming, 2 redone maps, the continuation of the story, another character, tower skins, & before any of that 2 even higher difficulties with even higher gear & that's still not accounting for balance changes to existing characters, shards, Ascension, & bug fixes. They have a ton of work on their hands.

*Updated again: removed Fun Mode, fixed a few areas, & added a couple things to Co-op section*

they really need do need to take a step back and focus on making modes for all players, not just the few hardcore out there, and prioritize fixing bugs and balance, if they release the game like it is now, it's just gonna bomb hard, their playerbase has already dwindled and sure adding fancier things brings players back, but soon as they realize, oh hey, balance is still crap and there's tons of bugs, they're going to be gone again and warm more people about the bugs and such and just hurt dd2's future even more in the long run.

*Updated again with some recommendations, a couple things added to various categories*

@Jojozityjo quote:

they really need do need to take a step back and focus on making modes for all players, not just the few hardcore out there, and prioritize fixing bugs and balance, if they release the game like it is now, it's just gonna bomb hard, their playerbase has already dwindled and sure adding fancier things brings players back, but soon as they realize, oh hey, balance is still crap and there's tons of bugs, they're going to be gone again and warm more people about the bugs and such and just hurt dd2's future even more in the long run.

i think dungeon defender died already, maybe in 10 years we will see something like it doing more good

*Updated again, this time to include various currency changes (All under steps back)*

As much as I didn't want to ask I'd like to know what the staff thinks of these changes [[4370,users]]

I'm not a game developer but I did try to make sure everything can work in the long term as well as be inclusive to the various sides of the community giving multiple ways to make things work. I do apologize for tagging you out of the blue again, I'm sure you're a very busy man.

• 2 weeks later...

This is depressing, I've taken many hours to write this making sure to cover different scenarios, took recommendations, as well as made my opinion known. I see many views but I get the feeling not many actually read it all since I took the time to be inclusive. What's really strange is people tell me they agree with everything but there's no likes. Finally I tag someone who actually reads through posts & even they give no response. I don't understand the community anymore. Oh & to any who come from this comment please read the steps back portion at the bottom before you go.

[[4370,users]] I really took your word when you said that Ascension was going to be fixed to feel more like an evolution of S.A.S. but sadly I didn't get that feeling & thus this post was made.

I can just say for myself, but for me its way to long and purely subjectiv. Its like a summary of wishes and hopes for the game. Why do you think the whole community has to talk about it? Maybe dd2 is fun for them or they just dont agree. 

And not agreeing and writing a topic in this forum is a disaster, because a lot of people in here think all their wishes have to be taken into account. And all they want has to be implemented or changed, otherwise its a big "cry show" and they threaten to stop playing. 

Sorry for beeing harsh, but all those posts and comments about attention and "what the game should be" really make me mad. I liked the dd forums 1-2 years ago. But now itreally becomes a kindergarden.

Its because this topic has been beaten to death 1000x in the years of DD2.

Most of us want DD2 to be more like DD1. Trendy knows this but don't care at all.

That's just how it is. Bumping your own post of ideas that we've all seen a million times wont change that.

I agree with pretty much everything you said Yuhaku! but we also need all the fun stuff from DD1 like assault rifles for huntress and kobolds on treadmill etc :P

@Samoth quote:

I can just say for myself, but for me its way to long and purely subjectiv. Its like a summary of wishes and hopes for the game. Why do you think the whole community has to talk about it? Maybe dd2 is fun for them or they just dont agree. 

And not agreeing and writing a topic in this forum is a disaster, because a lot of people in here think all their wishes have to be taken into account. And all they want has to be implemented or changed, otherwise its a big "cry show" and they threaten to stop playing. 

Sorry for beeing harsh, but all those posts and comments about attention and "what the game should be" really make me mad. I liked the dd forums 1-2 years ago. But now itreally becomes a kindergarden.

That wasn't harsh don't worry. I honestly wanted to start a discussion about making DD2 fun & simple as it currently is limiting & overcomplicated. I don't want everything to be ridiculously easy & I also want to make sure everyone can have fun. I tried to keep everything simple as I do have a lot of ideas for shards, skins, environmental traps, & tower synergy but adding those would be just as long as the original post.

I have no words for those who enjoy the game for what it is, it's not a bad game, my issue is it's a completely different game being labelled as a sequel. To be honest it feels like the real name should be Dungeon Defenders Free to play, I mean if the name was changed then I believe many would relax & not be so harsh on it.

True, many do begin to look depressing when what they ask for doesn't come to be but we can't lie to ourselves & say the game is what we thought it'd be coming from the 1st game. I'm all for adding things over the base but the base is all but gone & replaced with things from various other games.

What the game should be post? Strange, well I can't speak for everyone but I was a huge fan since the 1st game came to PS3 & have read a fair amount of posts over the years. From what I can tell fans of the 1st game agree with me but sadly most have already stopped playing because of all the changes that have been made. Regardless I'm barely even talking about adding things especially when we have had some if not most before. 

Um pardon my impoliteness but have you played DD1?

@Tomza2211 quote:

I agree with pretty much everything you said Yuhaku! but we also need all the fun stuff from DD1 like assault rifles for huntress and kobolds on treadmill etc :P

Definitely lol I'm sorry I didn't bring that up in my post. How could I forget fun challenge weapons & non attacking pets with higher stats.

@Pegazul quote:

Its because this topic has been beaten to death 1000x in the years of DD2.

Most of us want DD2 to be more like DD1. Trendy knows this but don't care at all.

That's just how it is. Bumping your own post of ideas that we've all seen a million times wont change that.

I know it's been beaten to death but as a huge fan I just can't accept where the game currently is potentially being deemed the final version. I can't even play the game anymore & as a huge fan of DD1 that really hurts.

@Samoth quote:

You're right. Trendy is perfect and doesn't need any user input whatsoever to make a good game. People should be ashamed for coming up with their own ideas and talking about those ideas publicly. Surely the Dark Ages were best when people were stoned to death for not agreeing with those in power.

Some people take it too far and treat their opinions like facts, but not everyone does. "Fun" is obviously subjective. Yuhaku understands that. That doesn't mean people can't talk about it. It's the single most important part of the game. It needs to be talked about, and opinions need to be aired.

I don't understand why you're so vehemently against people saying that something isn't fun for them and that they'd prefer it to be different. That's a valid response. It's a good thing that people are still here on the forums saying what they do and don't like. That means the game isn't dead.