Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie

Time to give it a rest

I truly am sorry to see people that were on board with the End Game patch actually coming to this conclusion   :( .

I'm still far from C5, specially with the latest patch that fakked Sky Guards for me and mobs are now clipping even MORE than before, so I haven't felt the "wear and tear" of the game YET. But This is something I've preached about and was told to wait it out cause they would fix it and all would be well again.

I'm still hoping. But more serious players are absolutely right to be worn off and wanting to leave. The game keeps nerfing any chance of Fun, and for what? Competitive play? Leaderboards? None of those actually exist. There's no reason to be so quick on NERFS (like the nimbus hotfix. ) since there's nothing to impact the game itself. There's no PVP. There are no tournaments. There are no Rankings to measure who did what first.

The game is being treated like all of those exist and BALANCE keeps getting ahead of FUN. 

We get smaller maps. Less DU. Less mana and constant Nerfs everytime someone finds anything that actually works . ( Ok. the sandstorm "glitch" does needs fixing, thats about the only nerf I agree with at this point ).

And the larger maps don't provide enough DU to actually make them viable. 

LET US BUILD THE DAMN TOWERS!

No one asked for Range nerf. At least not that I remember. The Gambits themselves are ridiculous. If I'm investing hard earned points into something that I means I've already sacrificed elsewhere ( Crit chance/dmg etc ). Why does attack power even equates there? Cmon! Double penalties .

The ascension system could be fun. Could make builds be different and useful. It does nothing more than provide tools to OVERPOWER content regardless of everything else.

Oh gawd. I was actually enjoying the game as I can only play a couple hours a day, but the more I write, the more I realize how broken stuff still is after so many years of development. :( 

@Professor_Valconian quote:

Per Eliot, the creative director, the game was supposed to be "released" last year. He hasn't been heard or seen in months. I suspect he doesn't work at Trendy anymore (I could be wrong). It seems like there has been another big shakeup in their team. I don't have any evidence to back that up ... it just kind of feels that way. I'm beginning to think that this game will never in fact be finished.

According to Elliot Cannon's LinkedIn profile, he stopped working at Trendy in December 2016.  So I guess that explains why DD2's direction feels different with the Trials update.

This is perhaps the best "State of the Game" post I've ever read on this forum, nailing the truth again and again, making me want to hit the 'like' button with every additional sentence.

At this point it appears that the "NERF CREW" at Trendy is getting more stuff done than any other part of the company, and that effort is destroying the game.

I bought into the game way back, and have been crying for defense range and defense speed since day one.

Also crying for viable dps on base characters.

And GIMME MY MONK AURAS FROM DD1

And GIMME MY STEAM GUN FOR HUNTRESS

And GIMME MY AMAZING PETS FROM DD1

And most of all, STOP WITH THE FREAKING NERFS !!!

@Elyssae quote:

I truly am sorry to see people that were on board with the End Game patch actually coming to this conclusion   :( .

I'm still far from C5, specially with the latest patch that fakked Sky Guards for me and mobs are now clipping even MORE than before, so I haven't felt the "wear and tear" of the game YET. But This is something I've preached about and was told to wait it out cause they would fix it and all would be well again.

I'm still hoping. But more serious players are absolutely right to be worn off and wanting to leave. The game keeps nerfing any chance of Fun, and for what? Competitive play? Leaderboards? None of those actually exist. There's no reason to be so quick on NERFS (like the nimbus hotfix. ) since there's nothing to impact the game itself. There's no PVP. There are no tournaments. There are no Rankings to measure who did what first.

The game is being treated like all of those exist and BALANCE keeps getting ahead of FUN. 

We get smaller maps. Less DU. Less mana and constant Nerfs everytime someone finds anything that actually works . ( Ok. the sandstorm "glitch" does needs fixing, thats about the only nerf I agree with at this point ).

And the larger maps don't provide enough DU to actually make them viable. 

LET US BUILD THE DAMN TOWERS!

No one asked for Range nerf. At least not that I remember. The Gambits themselves are ridiculous. If I'm investing hard earned points into something that I means I've already sacrificed elsewhere ( Crit chance/dmg etc ). Why does attack power even equates there? Cmon! Double penalties .

The ascension system could be fun. Could make builds be different and useful. It does nothing more than provide tools to OVERPOWER content regardless of everything else.

Oh gawd. I was actually enjoying the game as I can only play a couple hours a day, but the more I write, the more I realize how broken stuff still is after so many years of development. :(