Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie

Time to give it a rest

After thinking about it overnight I am going to take a break from DD2.

Too many annoyances and too little fun for me, and a game should be fun.

Wish you all well.

this is what it looks like when walls are the only working playstyle in the game, and they don't do their job

I can appreciate wanting to take a Break. Wish you well! I'd be interested in knowing your reasons, if you don't mind. PM if you are willing to share.

Cheers for everything Fozzie. Hopefully see you back sometime in the future. 

I'll be trying out the patch tonight to see what stuff is in store.

I can definitely sympathize, and I'm even debating it myself.  These last few patches have just really hampered the fun of the game.  I'm tempted to write a thread on it but it would probably just come off as a really long winded rant, which doesn't really serve any purpose.

He didn't have enough sleep that night... so after well rested he will come back... maybe under new nick skeleton.png

Cya my fozzie friend, gobu. Hope we will see us again oneday :D. The legion will always be there for you Emoji_Kobalt.pngEmoji_Huntress.pngEmoji_Goblin.png

I was thinking about a break too, did some smaller one over the last month.

I myself am getting sick of farming C4 all the time and suffering from bugs and Boundlocked in C5 to the point I am virtually helpless and either Snookis (Berserk Orcs) or bosses Game Over me. Yet one of my friends has an easier time doing it and he has a worse A level (Im 220, he is 120) than myself and I have better towers.  The only good item I got from C5 was a 60 Mythical Medallion and that was before this patch came out. 

I may take a break too, game same state from before end game patch, very easy not much to do other then get more shards and levels while afking since easy.  And no incentive still to play with others.

Girlz and boyz..... some of you keep forgetting that game is still in development. Try not to be too emotional about it... if it's not fun enough move on. No need for too much fuss. Though I also rage a bit for not having as much fun from this game as much I would prefer. But I see many improvements within this beautiful game. Enjoy your dayzzz :D

@Valthejean quote:

I can definitely sympathize, and I'm even debating it myself.  These last few patches have just really hampered the fun of the game.  I'm tempted to write a thread on it but it would probably just come off as a really long winded rant, which doesn't really serve any purpose.

I have to agree with this sentiment. The promised changes get me hyped and when it's delivered, it ends up making the game less playable and less fun. I'll hang on and see how long it takes to fix the new bugs before leaving.

enjoy your break fozzie, ive been on one since trials came with the canyon load of bugs and game breaking issues it brought, thinking of it as a ... strike, on trendy, to be like, fix or we're gone, see ya when ya fix stuff, if ya fix stuff lol

go have fun out there fozzie ^^/

@MamaTata quote:

Girlz and boyz..... some of you keep forgetting that game is still in development. Try not to be too emotional about it... if it's not fun enough move on. No need for too much fuss. Though I also rage a bit for not having as much fun from this game as much I would prefer. But I see many improvements within this beautiful game. Enjoy your dayzzz :D

People have been saying the same thing for almost 3 years now. The fact is that DD2 has lost popularity just as fast as it first gained it. This game has lost almost it's entire player base in less than 2 years, if Trendy can't get this game going again it probably will never make it out of it's "development" stage. 

Per Eliot, the creative director, the game was supposed to be "released" last year. He hasn't been heard or seen in months. I suspect he doesn't work at Trendy anymore (I could be wrong). It seems like there has been another big shakeup in their team. I don't have any evidence to back that up ... it just kind of feels that way. I'm beginning to think that this game will never in fact be finished.

well they had everything they needed to succeed just by following DD1's tried and true formula.  they didn't NEED to make DD2 a different game at all

that being said they changed the game drastically and introduced many new unnecessary pain points

the art in the game is top notch.  the first time i fought betsy i had CHILLS at how awesome it was and unbound hope for what the game COULD be

but the problem has always been that the designers don't seem to PLAY their own game, nothing else can explain the balance issues that arise every patch.  the heavy handed nerfs and buffs that seem so RANDOMly targeted.  the persistent infuriating bugs and usability issues that go unchecked patch after patch

people who play this game are in love with the promise of what it could become.  while repeatedly getting chris brown'd every patch

@ram1024 quote:

well they had everything they needed to succeed just by following DD1's tried and true formula.  they didn't NEED to make DD2 a different game at all

that being said they changed the game drastically and introduced many new unnecessary pain points

the art in the game is top notch.  the first time i fought betsy i had CHILLS at how awesome it was and unbound hope for what the game COULD be

but the problem has always been that the designers don't seem to PLAY their own game, nothing else can explain the balance issues that arise every patch.  the heavy handed nerfs and buffs that seem so RANDOMly targeted.  the persistent infuriating bugs and usability issues that go unchecked patch after patch

people who play this game are in love with the promise of what it could become.  while repeatedly getting chris brown'd every patch

when the game was developed, it was during the whole f2p moba craze (league of legends, dota2, bunch of other clones). i think it heavily influenced the direction they wanted the game to go but hesitated in the end. i'm pretty sure i read somewhere the original design was to be a moba/tower def 5v5. what they salvaged became the mess that has been "in development" for 3+ years now.

Art is ever going process.... always looking for more beauty (beautiful ugliness too), doubting, wondering...  Why would anyone expecting something that is not there yet, and be frustrated about it ?! Emoji_Ogre.png

I have been playing the game on "serious mode" since shards patch, but after yesterday's disappointment patch I'm going back to "completing dailies mode" where I play easy difficulty maps get the medals and get out of this game as fast as I can.

Seriously TE? After so many hours of dedication to get respectable Range on my towers now I GET THEM NERFED IN HALF? give me a break and let me know when this game is finally out of "alpha, beta, ceta, deta..."

@mmaakk quote:

I have been playing the game on "serious mode" since shards patch, but after yesterday's disappointment patch I'm going back to "completing dailies mode" where I play easy difficulty maps get the medals and get out of this game as fast as I can.

Seriously TE? After so many hours of dedication to get respectable Range on my towers now I GET THEM NERFED IN HALF? give me a break and let me know when this game is finally out of "alpha, beta, ceta, deta..."

kinda the same with me

idk why the "tower balance" thing was so urgent that they had to do it before fixing some annoying bugs like assasin silence or the geodes at c5 

now we still got the problems we had before but also some new problems like the skyguard