Sign in to follow this  
raiden7447

Are Anti Air Towers Worse Than Before?

I swear my AA fires slower now and does less damage. Is this true? If so, why nerf something that was weak to begin with?

The speed was reduced... But that isn't the big problem with them. The fact that the range is all screwed up on them is the real problem. They weren't weak to begin with, they handled flyers without much of a problem before. 

Skyguards definitely were not weak to begin with, but I feel like as an air targeting only tower, it should do more damage than it did. I did also notice that they attack much slower now, although their damage hasn't really changed. Nerfing their range was a bit too much, I don't think a range nerf is necessary as they were already weakened by the speed nerf. 

The health of mobs got buffed so you'll need to look at what relic you have on your SGT.

Look at how DCrit scales post patch.

It looks like they have 3x slower attack rate on single targets. What a terrible mistake.

It takes 2 seconds to attack with 0.6 ATK Rate...

Here we go :

http://imgur.com/a/F4dpT
My AA :  Lost DPS / Atk rate / Range after the patch and won Crit Dmg / Crit chance

At my level it can be ignored, but i can understand how the low level will have to put them X2 when one was enough before.

As an not maxed out c5 player yet the AA nerf was too much. My 300k tower does nothing on flying. I'm better of just pointing a pdt at the flying lane now.

Skyguards were adequate before, though they had trouble with the flying kobolds.  This was a problem especially when breaking into a new chaos tier - an air lane with four kobolds is guaranteed to destroy the skyguard if I don't babysit it.  Doubling up on skyguards is untenable on some maps like Little-Horn Valley where the DU is stretched thin enough as it is.

Note: I haven't played the new patch yet, just commenting on what I see on this thread.

skyguards have so "issues" right now, i often see them not attacking kobolts. Seems they also need line of sight to attack anything, have been fighting assasins right beneeth a skyguard but it dident attack it. i have maby lost 50k dps on my skyguard witch i can feel, and im prolly better off using somthing else for AA in the future.

I had a medallion with Dspeed & Dhealth killing flyers with ease. Now.... Flyers make it thru unless I am there to help out. Indeed they are firing slower & seem to be doing less dmg, too. :-( 
I'll try a mark, tho & see what I get...

I've not yet battle tested the skyguard yet after the update: But from viewing the tooltip stats, It appears to be slower atk rate, more damage dealt per hit(atk dmg), more crit chance ofc, more crit damage, but roughly the same dps as before the update(might have lost about 30k dps), Post update my  skyguard dps is 700k

so played c3 throne room with a skyguard with a c5 mystic 60/60 medallion, destruction, defese rate, crit shard (last one probably not needed,didnt change shrads yet). the damage from this tower should be more then enough. the monk is set for skyguard with 250+ ascension. so i tab out to let it run afk, tab in and the last i see my core dying to flyers???  so there is definilty something wrong with the skyguard currently.

i saw the tower killing them before fine, when i checked. so i'm not sure what happend there. the dps on inspec seems okay. same like before the upate. with a c5 full upped medallion and full upped shards+ ascension this should not happen. so yeahhh.... not sure whats going on here.

Somehing is actually wrong with them appart that I noticed they don't have see through vision anymore, If something is blocking their view they wont shoot, Might just be some weird hitbox objects that blocked my skyguard from shooting clear as daylight flyers but think any kinds of environment blocking the sight will block them from shooting.

@iamisom quote:

We're looking into it. Thanks for the report!

One major issue right now is the fact crit chance and crit damage is not included in the DPS Display on Monk Towers.

This will stop people playing heavy crit builds as it looks like a DPS nerf unless actually checked on the target dummies. 

They may never choose to experiment with different relics or shards as everything that gives more crit seems like a damage loss on the tooltip. For example, players my choose to use Destruction when Power Transfer is far superior.

All of this will lead to new players or less experienced players making this blunder and calling "towers are to weak" when its actually a case of the wrong shards or relics being used. This is not part of the learning curve in my opinion as its actually only caused by a miss leading tooltip rather then a lack of player ability or reasonable experimentation.

SGTs are actually stronger than they were before. But they increased the level of enemies so that's why you're not killing them as fast.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

SGTs are actually stronger than they were before. But they increased the level of enemies so that's why you're not killing them as fast.

I think people are also using the wrong relics (possibly) and shards. With exactly the same shards as before my SGT's lost a small amount of DPS (741k down to 735k). However removing Destruction from the exact same relic (other shards were rate+range) and replacing it with Power Transfer reduced its sheet DPS more, but its actually a huge DPS increase over its original numbers.

Not tested SGT's with any other relic besides Medallion due to not having any good ones right now.

@Zimmermann quote:

I think people are also using the wrong relics (possibly) and shards. With exactly the same shards as before my SGT's lost a small amount of DPS (741k down to 735k). However removing Destruction from the exact same relic (other shards were rate+range) and replacing it with Power Transfer reduced its sheet DPS more, but its actually a huge DPS increase over its original numbers.

Not tested SGT's with any other relic besides Medallion due to not having any good ones right now.

When you had 741k what was your ascension level and what was your relic? C5 max medallion with crit & speed?

Something seems off.

I assume you have maxed pet stats and a maxed medallion. The DP & DCD scaling was increased so much that the DPS should still be significantly higher even after factoring in the slower attack rate.

@Little Magic Hat quote:

I noticed my SGT was stronger stats-wise but they're definitely not firing as soon as they should be.

It's inspect has not changed much at all, however it's performance in an actual game is drastically lower. It takes 2-3 seconds between attacks with 0.8s ATK Rate.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@Zimmermann quote:

When you had 741k what was your ascension level and what was your relic? C5 max medallion with crit & speed?

yeah so i didn't change ascension lvls between checking there dps before and after the patch. Ascension was about 710, Medallion DS/DH with Rate, Dest, Range and max gambit -1500 dp.

Now I am using the same Medallion (got nothing better) with Rate, Transfer, Range, DPS on the tooltip has dropped to under 700k but real world dps is waaaay higher then either before or after my initial tests.

When you said using Destruction instead of Power Transfer dropped your DPS was that based on the inspect window or actual damage it was doing?

Before this patch, max C5 Medallion w/ DCD & DS, Destruction, Deadly Strikes, Defense Rate, 20 ascension points into Defense Speed, 217 ascension points into Power, 20 Ascension points into Def Crit Chance, 50 ascension points into Range Gambit, 166 points into Def Crit Dmg, and a maxed DP/DCD pet, it should have been around 217,008 DPS per target.

After this patch, with the same relic, same shards, same ascension, same pet, it should be doing 333,939 DPS per target.

I don't know why you saw a decrease, maybe the crit wasn't being factored in?

But to your point, Power Transfer is indeed a big improvement over Destruction. It should be doing about 402,870 DPS per target.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

When you said using Destruction instead of Power Transfer dropped your DPS was that based on the inspect window or actual damage it was doing?

Ok my medallion has DP and DH not DCD, I think that might be the confusion?

So I only ever tried Power transfer over Destruction after the 19.5 patch, and yes it decreased my dps on the tool tip (tool tip doesn't count crit chance/crit dmg on monk towers, I have submitted a bug report). Real DPS obviously went up after switching to Power Transfer from Destruction

Not everybody has maxed C5 Medallion or  Mark and ultra high Ascension levels. I have maxed out C4 Medallion and Ascension level 270, but I still need to babysit the anti air towers on "C3"! I didn't have to before the patch. Nerfing the speed and range really hurt.